Terminal Class pass rate

Leaning towards taking Fairbanks over Evansville.
I have no idea about the facility, but Evansville the city isn’t bad, I grew up nearby, there’s things to do, cost of living is great too, all the seasons. I’d imagine it’s better than Alaska depending on what you’re into during your free time .

I heard EVV revamped their training program. Still slaughterhouse vs slaughterhouse, i'll opt to take the higher paying facility/busier traffic than being bored out of my mind at EVV.
I’d recommend flying into the sun before choosing EVV. There are some really good people there but the problem is the culture is toxic as fuck and they used to be a level 7. As anyone with experience can tell you there’s nothing worse than an up down that’s been downgraded a few times when it comes to training. You will be stuck waiting for the day level 7 traffic comes and if you make a phraseology mistake welcome to another month of training. Also for anyone else who is picking a facility out of the academy, if it’s not your hometown or some sweet location up down always choose tower only. It doesn’t matter if it’s some level 4 tower all that matters is securing your job. Most tower onlys have quick training times and can release people often enough. Some of these up downs have never released. Don’t get caught up in the training success rate. A lot of things factor in to that such as hardships or people that quit and I believe are only accurate up to 2017.

Last edited:
I’d recommend flying into the sun before choosing EVV. There are some really good people there but the problem is the culture is toxic as fuck and they used to be a level 7. As anyone with experience can tell you there’s nothing worse than an up down that’s been downgraded a few times when it comes to training. You will be stuck waiting for the day level 7 traffic comes and if you make a phraseology mistake welcome to another month of training. Also for anyone else who is picking a facility out of the academy, if it’s not your hometown or some sweet location up down always choose tower only. It doesn’t matter if it’s some level 4 tower all that matters is securing your job. Most tower onlys have quick training times and can release people often enough. Some of these up downs have never released. Don’t get caught up in the training success rate. A lot of things factor in to that such as hardships or people that quit and I believe are only accurate up to 2017.
I’m a cpc at EVV if you have any questions fell free to reach out. While we’ve had our share of training issues in the past not all of it can be blamed on culture or not the best training programs. With that said we’ve been working hard to revamp it over the last couple years and so far it seems to be helping those who here at the moment. Most of the controllers here weren’t here when it was a 7 or a 6 so that’s whatever. But as he said securing a job at a 4 tower is probably the smartest and safest bet.

I’d actively avoid Fairbanks myself. Nothing like being thousands of miles away from family, mainland travel, and an easy transfer to make you regret picking the only facility that’s on everyones’ lists for a reason!

I’m a cpc at EVV if you have any questions fell free to reach out. While we’ve had our share of training issues in the past not all of it can be blamed on culture or not the best training programs. With that said we’ve been working hard to revamp it over the last couple years and so far it seems to be helping those who here at the moment. Most of the controllers here weren’t here when it was a 7 or a 6 so that’s whatever. But as he said securing a job at a 4 tower is probably the smartest and safest bet.
That’s good to hear the training program has been revamped and you guys are having success.

Class PA'ing tomorrow's list.
ILG
EVV
EVV
CDW
ELM
MWH
ROW
No alternates
I've seen some bad lists in my day but this might take the cake for the worst overall list that I've ever seen. Just brutal.
If I had to rank them though
1. ILG
2. CDW
3. ELM
4. MWH (Hopefully they took care of some of their past issues, looks like they could actually release one day)
5. EVV
6. ROW

In what way can any facility be a "feeder facility" for any other facility?
None. You can’t be one now and even before NCEPT there was no such thing as a feeder facility. But the old people used to tell stories like that and a lot of people bought it. Some poor saps/idiots actually transferred to places they didn’t really love because they were told it was a “feeder facility” for their dream place lol.

None. You can’t be one now and even before NCEPT there was no such thing as a feeder facility. But the old people used to tell stories like that and a lot of people bought it. Some poor saps/idiots actually transferred to places they didn’t really love because they were told it was a “feeder facility” for their dream place lol.
50% of the ERR's from the last panel to A80 came from ELM...

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 42
It wasn’t exactly a myth. Some ATMs preferred to select from the same district or region. Problem is there is too much changeover in management for any hiring practice to last long. By the time you live to an area where the manager likes to hire that way they retire or move up the chain leaving you at bumfuck wherever.

Back
Top Bottom