Terminal Class pass rate

As an ots who didn't know shit years ago, monitor positions are where you can listen to the person working and the traffic. Literally just monitor the position that is working. TSS are the simulators at the academy and facilities.
Yeah, basically you get to watch and learn from the other people in your class work the same problems you’ll be working. As it stands now, you are sequestered in self-study rooms while you are on break.

Is them dropping the monitor position a covid thing or just a result of having less people in the rotation?

Is them dropping the monitor position a covid thing or just a result of having less people in the rotation?
COVID. It would have been extremely helpful imo to see how my classmates were performing and offer what assistance to help them pass. Then again PA's are a crapshoot if nerves get to you and are unfortunate to get the hard problems.
Hot take: the bioQ was good
Majority of CTI schools are crap. We had one that passed that came from Embry–Riddle Aeronautical University which I would consider the only good quality CTI university.

It was more of a covid thing but could've easily been done, those TSS rooms have more than enough room for an extra body to be 6 ft away from everyone. I contacted several people while I was there to try to bring it back and was basically told to "be thankful" that I'm even there and that I should snitch on my instructors if we aren't doing anything during "self study". There's nothing to really do during self study, and I don't see them bringing the monitor position back any time soon unless maybe classes start doing really poorly.

COVID. It would have been extremely helpful imo to see how my classmates were performing and offer what assistance to help them pass. Then again PA's are a crapshoot if nerves get to you and are unfortunate to get the hard problems.

Majority of CTI schools are crap. We had one that passed that came from Embry–Riddle Aeronautical University which I would consider the only good quality CTI university.
Lol I’m a cti guy and my school was definitely garble.

It was more of a covid thing but could've easily been done, those TSS rooms have more than enough room for an extra body to be 6 ft away from everyone. I contacted several people while I was there to try to bring it back and was basically told to "be thankful" that I'm even there and that I should snitch on my instructors if we aren't doing anything during "self study". There's nothing to really do during self study, and I don't see them bringing the monitor position back any time soon unless maybe classes start doing really poorly.
I guess that makes sense but yeah that’s really helpful time to be able to see the problems from that perspective. Sucks it’s gone.

Sounds like my trainer at my first facility…. “We’re just gonna put this down as Monitor time..” ?
if you know. You know. Haha
No I don’t know. Could you please explain?

I was so confused why there were old board games and things like that in the self-study rooms until we started the TSS rotations... I get it now.

I wouldn’t necessarily say the only one, Beaver has produced some good CPCs over the years.

Unless your CTI school actually use simulators to train on or actual live traffic then I don’t see how it matters between them. If it’s all bookwork it’s all shit you learn at academy. Probably drawn straight from basics material like the Vaughn CTI class.

ASU uses Phoenix Tower's previous TSS that they donated when they got a new one for the tower class and they have a watered down STARS/ ERAM sim that's fairly similar but visually accurate for the approach/ center class. They both have the same key commands as their real world counterpart they're just missing some of the more nuanced functions. Like their STARS sim has *T, *J, *P, etc but its missing the more nuanced things like *F, MOA highlights when they go hot etc

Back
Top Bottom