Terminal Placement list

Terminal Placement list 10/26/2022

No permission to download
New hires go to 7 and below, with occasional very poorly staffed 8s. Unless you’re married to a controller, then all rules go out the window.
That makes enough sense. It looked by the list provided that they put multiples of the same location on there, presumably to force at least 1 graduate to go, but do they have that many open slots also? Or is it strictly to get the one person there?

That makes enough sense. It looked by the list provided that they put multiples of the same location on there, presumably to force at least 1 graduate to go, but do they have that many open slots also? Or is it strictly to get the one person there?
Each slot on the list is a needed body. If you see a facility on a list 3 times, they need 3 bodies.

I would guess it’s generally someone doing a poor job of updating their staffing numbers...like having 8 of the same facility in the top 20 of your list...

Is it typical that the list is mid/lower level facilities for grads? Or do they sometimes throw in higher level facilities? I know I am thinking way ahead, but more information to plan in the case I get through the whole process. My ideal location would be closer to DC if possible, although I know you're stuck with what they have on the list for your class.

Well, you're in luck bc there is a level 5 in the D.C. area with your name on it!

Anyone have any details on where the class that has placement day today ended up selecting from the list above?
Islip, Reading, Fort Wayne, Santa Monica, Waterloo is all I know. I'd be shocked if someone didn't end up picking Wichita.
Edited: @Rebecca Miller
They picked: RDG, ALO, SMO, BTV, DPA, SMO, ISP, SMO, FWA.
Color me shocked, no one picked Wichita!

Last edited:
In that case his/her following pay check will be slightly higher! A welcomed surprise at AG pay lol. Especially at a place that gets CIP.

Does anyone know how often facility lists get sent out? I think it has been about three weeks since people on here mentioned the last one going out. I'm a prior experience new hire from the December 2015 bid and was fully cleared at the beginning of this month.

Islip, Reading, Fort Wayne, Santa Monica, Waterloo is all I know. I'd be shocked if someone didn't end up picking Wichita.
Edited: @Rebecca Miller
They picked: RDG, ALO, SMO, BTV, DPA, SMO, ISP, SMO, FWA.
Color me shocked, no one picked Wichita!
Wow, interesting! I'm sure someone will scoop up Wichita this week. That list should be available, right? New York seems to be a popular destination too.

Top ten this week:
ISP, YIP, LFT, ICT, ELM, LNK, FSM, LCH, BTR, ARR
Are classes still picking off of lists equal to the amount of people going into evals or are they dropping off the last few facilities relative to how many people fail out to force people to go to the most needed places? For example a class of 18 has 10 people pass, they drop the last 8 facilities, or are they still given the whole list?

Are classes still picking off of lists equal to the amount of people going into evals or are they dropping off the last few facilities relative to how many people fail out to force people to go to the most needed places? For example a class of 18 has 10 people pass, they drop the last 8 facilities, or are they still given the whole list?
Class of 18 has 10 pass, they'd have 20 slots to pick. Two slots per student. Usually there's some facilities that have 2-3 spots on the list. MWH was on a list 5-6 times a while back. Depending on how many pass, the top 1-3 are mandatory picks.

Is the excel grid available to see the remaining locations?

The list constantly changes as staffing situations fluctuate. If you aren't a month away from your class date there is no point in looking for locations and trying to figure out what might be out there. The locations on the list my class got didn't start to become clear until a few weeks before we graduated and even then you are still waiting on classes in front of yours to pick so it can changed a lot.

Back
Top Bottom