Terminal Placement list

Terminal Placement list 10/26/2022

No permission to download
You can view the excel file by clicking the link in the upper right information box that says "find more info..."

Wow, the find more info gives a ton more stuff about everything here. Unfortunately, it is to hidden. When I clicked onto this page from under the recent posts section, I then need to click 'Read more about this resource...' and then click 'Find more info at pointsixtyfive.com...'. It is not very intuitive, and I definitely never noticed these second link before (I have clicked the read more one before). Also the way the find more info reads to me is not very specific - it reads like it will just redirect to the main site rather than a specific document. Just my two cents though

this thread is linked to the resource. the main resource page has the info on it. it may have not been there last time you looked, because I am still constantly adding things. I've only been building this for two weeks, by myself, in between six day work weeks and occasional 10 hour days. There will eventually be more info on what is where. Rome wasn't built in a day. o_O

MJ- you're doing great, I can attest, web design and building a site is hard work (I've got a few)... and I've never attempted online interaction items like a forum or anything, so I'd say things are going great! :) keep it up!

You are great MJ! The work around helped but it seems more of an issue to have pictures instead of a link to download the excel spreadsheet. I use most of this forum for most of my information now. Especially with a list of facilities and their facility level and type of facility.

Glad to hear it. As more people migrate here, the better it will become.
When I first started putting this together I tried to embed the excel directly into the resourse, but it doesn't work as I would like. I'm trying to make info as accessible as possible for all screen sizes and devices, searchable, organized, and easily maintained. There are many considerations and there are limitations, my own and technical. I want to avoid making resources nothing more than links if possible. The excel is there to view if you like to view it that way, and the images are there if you prefer those :)

this thread is linked to the resource. the main resource page has the info on it. it may have not been there last time you looked, because I am still constantly adding things. I've only been building this for two weeks, by myself, in between six day work weeks and occasional 10 hour days. There will eventually be more info on what is where. Rome wasn't built in a day. o_O

Definitely a ton of work in starting such a big project, and we all are pretty thankful you did start it. Lots of great info here. If you need any help with basic things, just let me know.

I made some changes to the way I do things, and I think it'll work out ok. There's an obvious download link now, and it should automatically update the thread when there is an update to the file. Does this work for everyone?

While I understood it the old way, this does make the download link stand out better. Thanks for posting this, new style looks great!

EDIT: does this version of the file actually have changes on it, or just showing new version since it was re-posted?

While I understood it the old way, this does make the download link stand out better. Thanks for posting this, new style looks great!

EDIT: does this version of the file actually have changes on it, or just showing new version since it was re-posted?
its updated info as of friday

MJ (or anyone else) do you have any information on how closely this list is adhered to by the nest? I read the Nest MOU and it seems like they decide by using the priority placement list.

I've washed out of a level 7 up/ down in radar but have my tower certification. I'm being sent to a level 6 tower only facility. By the Nest MOU and relying on the accuracy of the priority list you've provided, I'm only seeing 1 facility that's a level 6 tower that doesn't already have a slot reserved/ offered to someone else.

I'm trying not to read too much into this because the 1 facility is the EXACT facility I was hoping for lol

not sure i totally understand the question but ill tell you my understanding of how this works.

The priority placement TOOL is run once a month to generate the priority placement LIST. That is what you see here. The list is the facility slots in order of need, top to bottom. It is updated daily as they fill slots. But the list will change when the tool is run to create a new list, based on changes in staffing and projections. So logically, they will offer you the first facilities that you qualify for in the ranked order. I don't know how they decide how many you get to choose from (for instance, the first 5 you qualify for, or every fac you qualify for on the list). According to some folks, people have gotten lists 40+, so hopefully it's the latter example scenario.

out of curiosity, did the NEST inform you you would only be offered a 6 tower?

out of curiosity, did the NEST inform you you would only be offered a 6 tower?
Thank you for responding and I appreciate your information. I was informed by my fac rep that it would be a level 6 (or lower) tower only facility and I think he got his information from his various NATCA contacts.

Basically if I understand the current list (5/20/16) there's only one facility (level 6 tower ONLY or lower) on the list that fits my criteria. I went through and looked at every level 6 or lower and there's only 1 that is a standalone tower. I understand the list is subject to change.

So my question is if the list, generated by the tool, is the ONLY source the nest would use to determine where someone goes? If that's the case, I only see 1 qualifying facility for my situation out of the almost 450 facilities listed

Ah I see. In order to keep post length reasonable, only the first 5 pages are posted. If you open the download, it is the full spreadsheet. 1200 lines if i remember right.

Ah I see. In order to keep post length reasonable, only the first 5 pages are posted. If you open the download, it is the full spreadsheet. 1200 lines if i remember right.
Ok, I'll have to do that from my home computer. My phone doesn't seem to be capable. I have found your website infinitely more helpful and reliable than other sources I've tried to use. Thank you!

Here's the list of level 6 and below and type 7 (which I believe is tower only - feel free to correct me).

Attachments

• 6below.png
    6below.png
    63 KB · Views: 258
Here's the list of level 6 and below and type 7 (which I believe is tower only - feel free to correct me).

Yes I do believe that type 7 is tower only. I can't thank you enough for pulling this information together for me. We're playing the hurry up and wait game right now but narrowing down our options will help tremendously. The timing isn't the greatest as baby #3 is due in December, so being able to compare medical facilities and schools ahead of time will give us an idea of what we HOPE to see on our offer sheet from the Nest.

Looking at the image you posted. In the green highlighted rows it says "offered to Nest employee" does that mean those options won't be available to me?

Back
Top Bottom