The FAA staffing problem that NO ONE is talking about

assuming it goes by strict agency seniority. There are 2018 hires that are CPCs at small towers that would have crippled staffing if they lost their bottom 2-3 people. If furloughs do happen, they can’t be strictly seniority based agency wide. It’s impossible.
All those fkers are below me

You lost me in this paragraph. Traffic will come back during your career. N90 will never be an “easy checkout.” LI rent will not be affordable. N90 will not solve their staffing issues due to COVID. Maybe dank can come by and confirm.
I was speaking relatively. I meant affordable in that maybe it won't be $3k for a 1/1 apartment, but maybe $1600 instead. And easy being instead of working 1200 ops a day at ewr, only working 400.

Exactly. If the furloughs were agency wide they’d have to cut CPCs before you. THat would Issues up the wazoo.
I think it’s more likely they’d just close small towers and displace people. Then stop hiring. You can cut 10% of the staff without firing any one just by changing the hiring numbers.

I was speaking relatively. I meant affordable in that maybe it won't be $3k for a 1/1 apartment, but maybe $1600 instead. And easy being instead of working 1200 ops a day at ewr, only working 400.

Im not from NY. But I don’t see LI rent going down by nearly 50 percent.Or by EWR traffic remaining at 30% for more than another couple years.
But, to each their own.

I think it’s more likely they’d just close small towers and displace people. Then stop hiring. You can cut 10% of the staff without firing any one just by changing the hiring numbers.
yet they just keep hiring new trainees anyways like nothing happened

Im not from NY. But I don’t see LI rent going down by nearly 50 percent.Or by EWR traffic remaining at 30% for more than another couple years.
But, to each their own.
When people lose their jobs and can't afford the rent, it's in the landlords best interest to rent at lower rate to at least get whatever income the demand will bring as opposed to getting no income at all.

When people lose their jobs and can't afford the rent, it's in the landlords best interest to rent at lower rate to at least get whatever income the demand will bring as opposed to getting no income at all.

I understand what you’re saying - I don’t think it’ll be that drastic. But good luck

yet they just keep hiring new trainees anyways like nothing happened
But if natca keeps trying to prove that we can staff the NAS with 50% staffing who knows. Aren’t these actions kinda wacky?

nothing will change unless the Congress starts saying words like budget cuts and so far they haven’t.

But if natca keeps trying to prove that we can staff the NAS with 50% staffing who knows. Aren’t these actions kinda wacky?

nothing will change unless the Congress starts saying words like budget cuts and so far they haven’t.

100% whacky.

they haven’t said those words that we’ve heard. I’d be shocked if they haven’t already happened.

assuming it goes by strict agency seniority. There are 2018 hires that are CPCs at small towers that would have crippled staffing if they lost their bottom 2-3 people. If furloughs do happen, they can’t be strictly seniority based agency wide. It’s impossible.

When you get rid of people you tend to try and get rid of the very top (buy outs for those near retirement) and the very bottom, via seniority I suppose. If you did seniority only some places would be royally screwed, for instance what if they either had all senior people stay and then retire and then their junior people get Rif'd. But no one here has a crystal ball. I have 18 years in, I am top 5 seniority, and I think I'm safe, but you never know. Though I'd take an early retirement in a heartbeat if they offered me 39% of my high 3 at 18 years now, instead of staying the 25 I need to to be eligible. Won't happen, but it is my dream.

US Immigrations sent RIF notices and while they are being treated as RIF’s, the ones who got letters said that they aren’t being warned of permanent removal but 30-90 day furloughs.

I agree, if it were to happen, it’s highly unlikely it would be strictly seniority based. The ones who have been high risk but elected not to get the over the shoulder should have gone in.

When you get rid of people you tend to try and get rid of the very top (buy outs for those near retirement) and the very bottom, via seniority I suppose. If you did seniority only some places would be royally screwed, for instance what if they either had all senior people stay and then retire and then their junior people get Rif'd. But no one here has a crystal ball. I have 18 years in, I am top 5 seniority, and I think I'm safe, but you never know. Though I'd take an early retirement in a heartbeat if they offered me 39% of my high 3 at 18 years now, instead of staying the 25 I need to to be eligible. Won't happen, but it is my dream.
Would they use NATCA seniority or your government start date on your SF50?

Exactly. If the furloughs were agency wide they’d have to cut CPCs before you. THat would Issues up the wazoo.

that would make for good drama. i'll pop some Jiffypop and sit back and marinate in the shitshow

I actually think 18 years in is right is a sweet spot for who would be targeted and/or eligible for an "early" retirement if it ever gets to that point. Early retirement and/or buy out would be like hitting the lottery. #bestjobintheworld

Would they use NATCA seniority or your government start date on your SF50?
I’d imagine that it would only be the NATCA date if the union and FAA agreed to it. The agency doesn’t really give a shit about Natca seniority at the end of the day.

that would make for good drama. i'll pop some Jiffypop and sit back and marinate in the shitshow

I actually think 18 years in is right is a sweet spot for who would be targeted and/or eligible for an "early" retirement if it ever gets to that point. Early retirement and/or buy out would be like hitting the lottery. #bestjobintheworld

just curious if you’re eligible ? Also do you and dank work the same area, and do you get along at work (if you know each other’s real identities)?

I’d imagine that it would only be the NATCA date if the union and FAA agreed to it. The agency doesn’t really give a shit about Natca seniority at the end of the day.

highly doubt itd be NATCA dates considering the agency is who’s do the RIF, not natca.

just curious if you’re eligible ? Also do you and dank work the same area, and do you get along at work (if you know each other’s real identities)?

LOL as if.

giphy.gif

If you did seniority only some places would be royally screwed, for instance what if they either had all senior people stay and then retire and then their junior people get Rif'd.
At the airlines it's done company-wide, with forced transfers and downgrades to fill staffing requirements. Why would it not be done that way in this case?

Back
Top Bottom