The FAA staffing problem that NO ONE is talking about

So what's better? Buncha vectors and make it up as you go? Or all the RNAV and keep it automated?

The reason I ask is because where I used to work there weren't really any procedures. Sometimes the center would just hand you some FUS and you just figured it out on the fly. It was very unstructured.

Anyway, I was pretty good at vectors and everything because I was trained to use vectors, but after a while when we had more approach fixes and more planes started having GPS, I started using them when busy. For example I'd have them proceed to one of the T-fixes for the RNAV approach and then when they get close give them a vector for base and then one for final to the ILS. I figured if everyone is heading to the same spot, and now I don't have to account for wind, then I just adjust speed as necessary and they all do the same thing basically.

More than one person thought this was weakstick and that I was forsaking the "nuance and art" of vectors. I'm glad I got good at vectors and accounting for wind drift and everything, but really?

What say you?

Gotta love how If approach fucks it up and they go around it’s more work for approach and if tower fucks it up and they go around it’s more work for approach.

Sucks not to be in a tower I guess, all the glory and none of the work.

Didn't even realize y'all were both N90... Can't wait for the wedding pics lmao
My wife isn’t thrilled, but who is she to stand in the way of a perfect Dutch rudder?
And I wouldn’t say I’m at N90. I mean technically I work there, but transferred in back in February P.C. (Pre Covid) and wasn’t even close to start training yet

My wife isn’t thrilled, but who is she to stand in the way of a perfect Dutch rudder?
And I wouldn’t say I’m at N90. I mean technically I work there, but transferred in back in February P.C. (Pre Covid) and wasn’t even close to start training yet

Found someone who transfered to N90, on purpose, willingly. We found a fucking unicorn.

Back
Top Bottom