The FAA staffing problem that NO ONE is talking about

I just find it funny you guys were giving me shit saying that I am not an expert and that experts were saying air travel is going to bounce back in time and therefore my predictions were invalid. Now the experts are saying business travel is fucked so of course now it's fake news and the experts don't know what they're talking about since they finally figured out what I've known all along.
98F8F70A-E0E5-4DFF-BD1F-0435928B83E7.gif

United has been talking about that since before the pandemic, ever since Delta went down to 3 regionals a few years ago.

United has been talking about that since before the pandemic, ever since Delta went down to 3 regionals a few years ago.
Squeezing regionals is an airline past time in good times and bad. You basically force them out of and then a new one is formed and all the employees are reset to year 1 pay.

Squeezing regionals is an airline past time in good times and bad. You basically force them out of and then a new one is formed and all the employees are reset to year 1 pay.
Additionally, remaining regionals try and underbid each other for the flying that just became available.

Additionally, remaining regionals try and underbid each other for the flying that just became available.
This is why even Alaska airlines contracts some flying to sky west even though they own horizon. Gotta keep horizon honest.

This is why even Alaska airlines contracts some flying to sky west even though they own horizon. Gotta keep horizon honest.
SkyWest literally got that contract by stepping in and underbidding Horizon when Alaska asked Horizon to start flying 700s.

SkyWest literally got that contract by stepping in and underbidding Horizon when Alaska asked Horizon to start flying 700s.
Sky west was way cheaper and way more reliable. Last I heard they had the best dispatch reliability in the whole air group.

The difference here is that there will be no new regional airlines formed and this won't be the end of it. Many regionals will go extinct in the next year as the demand isn't there to keep them going. Many airports will lose service to destinations as only the most profitable routes are able to survive.

On another note, I don't understand how pilot unions think they have any bargaining power at all to stop furloughs or prevent pay cuts. The airlines need to cut costs and shrink their operation to survive. The airline industry went from a shortage of qualified pilots to a huge surplus virtually overnight. If senior pilots don't want to take a pay cut, I'm sure the guys with 5 years in would do the job for half of what the 15 yr captain is getting paid as opposed to being co completely laid off. Unfortunately, I think all of the airlines are locked in to bad contracts with the pilot unions so their hands are tied which will ultimately lead to their demise.

the list of dead airlines goes on for the last hundred years.
Compass was no Skywest but they’ve been a regular name for the last 15 years. Delta already had cut them loose but they probably would have lived if not for corona.

Yah exactly. This is why privatization is a retarded idea.

the list of dead airlines goes on for the last hundred years.

to the faithful departed ?

hootersair1.jpg

Compass was no Skywest but they’ve been a regular name for the last 15 years. Delta already had cut them loose but they probably would have lived if not for corona.
They wouldn't have survived, American had ended their contract too and they were running on hope that United would sign them on.

I secretly think GoJet is gonna go too, since Trans States Holdings destroyed 2 regionals in a year it's a matter of time before they ruin their 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom