"The Pit"- ZNY -Info Request

Why don't they get contractors like most centers? Sounds like not having them is killing you guys.

They had it that way before. But the quality of trainees that were going through wasn’t good. The current way ensures better trainees even if it takes longer to cpc.

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but is there any chance you get to choose between oceanic vs domestic? Also, would you say the 30% success rate is accurate? Or is it skewed by people who hardship out/just plain dont want to be there?

Not sure where you’re getting 2.5-3.5 years in the ocean from. More like 3.5-5.

data comm

Not sure what that means lol I'm like 80% sure I'm going go ask for zny at academy because of my girlfriend's grad school. I've read a lot about how it is already, but just want to see if anything has changed since a few years ago.

Not sure what that means lol I'm like 80% sure I'm going go ask for zny at academy because of my girlfriend's grad school. I've read a lot about how it is already, but just want to see if anything has changed since a few years ago.

Are you planning on staying in New York for the foreseeable future then or just as long as it takes for your girlfriend to finish grad school?

Getting ahead of yourself in so many ways.

Yeah I know. I just like to weigh out my options, especially while I have the time.

Are you planning on staying in New York for the foreseeable future then or just as long as it takes for your girlfriend to finish grad school?

We're open to both, but I understand it'd be pretty difficult to leave ZNY

We're open to both, but I understand it'd be pretty difficult to leave ZNY

I'll second what was said above. If your heart is not set on ZNY don't request it. Go pass the academy first and see what's available to you. Also don't choose somewhere based on your girlfriends grad school since that's rather a short term endeavor.

This is the worst idea I’ve heard since StupidHillary’s stupid campaign manager took the rust belt for granted.
So it’s been about 4 whole years since I’ve heard an idea this bad.

If you’ve never been to Long Island before, do not pick a Long Island facility that doesn’t have the staffing to let you leave.
Source: am stuck on Long Island

I'm from the area, so I'm definitely ok with living here in perpetuity. I understated "pretty difficult" - I understand that it's near impossible for the foreseeable future and would be ok with staying here for my career. I just wanted to try to understand and prepare myself mentally for what the training circumstances are.

Also, my girlfriend's grad school circumstances are pretty unique. The field she is pursuing isn't offered in many areas - some other areas with her field would be Houston, Atlanta, Cleveland. The chances of me actually getting those centers aren't high. The only way of guaranteeing that she can pursue what she wants is if we went to ZNY..obviously it's not a top choice due to the training issues, but I'm trying to wrap my head around what I'll be getting myself into.

I'm from the area, so I'm definitely ok with living here in perpetuity. I understated "pretty difficult" - I understand that it's near impossible for the foreseeable future and would be ok with staying here for my career. I just wanted to try to understand and prepare myself mentally for what the training circumstances are.

Also, my girlfriend's grad school circumstances are pretty unique. The field she is pursuing isn't offered in many areas - some other areas with her field would be Houston, Atlanta, Cleveland. The chances of me actually getting those centers aren't high. The only way of guaranteeing that she can pursue what she wants is if we went to ZNY..obviously it's not a top choice due to the training issues, but I'm trying to wrap my head around what I'll be getting myself into.
Cleveland is available from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom