The woeful unpreparedness of Management

The poor approach controller sounds like he’s trying to get up to speed on what exactly has happened; pilots asking for permission to push on the approach frequency.

As I was woefully told by a Delta pilot this evening: “Grim days ahead, my brother.”

Do you think they'll shut down the centers and tracons when it finally pops up? I think they'll just "deep clean" whatever area the person was in.

Do you think they'll shut down the centers and tracons when it finally pops up? I think they'll just "deep clean" whatever area the person was in.

I would think they’ll have to shut down the whole building at least for a time since we all walk down the same common areas/hallways/etc to get to individual areas.

Will be interesting to see. LAS is attached to the same structure as the tracon and they do share some common space (though they don’t share a break room or anything of that nature). Well know more tomorrow

Okay let me pose one for you- say you have an immunocompromised family member you are concerned with spreading any possible infection to. You also have a pregnant wife who you know will be having a kid here in a few months so You need to save some leave for childcare and helping out the wife for the first few weeks after childbirth.

What's your master plan there?

I have no problem coming in if there is reduced staffing, professional cleaning periodically throughout the shift, and overabundance of sanitizing products, gloves masks etc, and taking excused when I as a non CPC halfway certed trainee am not needed. That's how it should be, along with some hazard lay while doing so.

As far as I'm concerned what the FAA is doing right now (nothing) is bullshit in regards to workforce safety.
I hope you've already filled out FMLA paperwork

Do your facilities really have that many people that aren't certified on anything??? What does sending the trainees home do... It's like two people where I work. Or do you want to send everyone who isn't a CPC home?

My area alone has 18 trainees and at least 8 of them are FD/CD only. Get them away from me.

Back
Top Bottom