The woeful unpreparedness of Management

They can and they should, ground everything except cargo and MEDVAC’s. This will spiral out of control and they need to get out ahead of it while they can. Instead they are more worried about people scamming the system in the here and now instead of long term health consequences. If you shut it down now, run bare bones staff, rotate people through, soliciting volunteers it can be done. This game of fucking us over until 1/2 the facility is sick will force their hand eventually.
I believe you are the first person on this thread advocating for stopping air traffic. please correct me if I'm wrong. Up to this point the argument is about leave because they "care about the workforce" and staffing less people. if stopping traffic was the argument from the beginning, then scaling back staffing like you are talking about yes I'm all on board. But what I hear at my place and a few others is people just want off work and don't care about leaving people behind to get buried until make the call to stop all air traffic. how is that realistic?

Last edited:
Wasn’t training suspended today honey?
No, that was the NTI goals, and the developmentals, who are various degrees of useless, from not useful at all to needing a baby sitter are still coming to work. Reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit is it?

It’s not an assumption, it’s a fact.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sc.../coronavirus-some-recovered-patients-may-have

This isn’t something I’m making up for shock value sunshine, this is serious shit. Even if you get better, your life may never be the same. Do you think you’ll let you keep your medical with 2/3rd your normal lung capacity?
My assumption comment was on the assumption that you assumed I was one or these “NBD it’s the flu guys”.

Not the factual effects of COVID-19.

The people just recovered how do we know they won’t recover more? Serious question.

We don’t know but until we know if they will recover more and to what degree we need to treat it like they won’t. Radiologists say the lungs in recovered people look like stained glass. No idea if they will get better or not, and if so, how much better. That kind of scar tissue will never totally go away. I’m not a doctor and didn’t stay in a holiday express last night but I imagine a younger person would recover better than someone Middle Aged, or a smoker, etc. Still, this is a serious side effect and so should all reasonable actions should be taken to avoid infection, including sending home people who can’t contribute to the operation. This isn’t a thing for every facility, but I imagine most tower only and up/down Could manage with CPC or Tower CIC only

You always prepare for and assume the worst. You can’t go back and have a do over.

Last edited:
My assumption comment was on the assumption that you assumed I was one or these “NBD it’s the flu guys”.

Not the factual effects of COVID-19.

Here’s another one, the UK is telling people with Asthma to avoid infection at all cost, to stay home for 12 weeks because it’s so damaging to the lungs. Just another reason to cut people in the building to the absolute bare minimum, without reducing services.

I believe you are the first person on this thread advocating for stopping air traffic. please correct me if I'm wrong. Up to this point the argument is about leave because they "care about the workforce" and staffing less people. if stopping traffic was the argument from the beginning, then scaling back staffing like you are talking about yes I'm all on board. But what I hear is people just want off first leaving people behind to get buried until they make the what seems to be inevitable call to stop traffic. how is that realistic?

It is inevitable that Civilian* traffic will come to a de facto stop via attrition, if not by mandate. IF they closed MDW they'll close ZNY or N90 or C90 or ZLA too. Staffing should be as low as possible to still handle services for a very reduced traffic load. Mostly military and govt traffic for a time. I literally haven't heard anyone say they want off in a "scammy" sort of way, or to leave others behind. Id work all 8 hours on position if I could be guaranteed not to be exposed to all the Globetrotting selfish coworkers who fly every set of days off and could care less what they spread to who. Just ask them. LWOP is better than not working w sick people. Your parents wont die if you miss a paycheck or two.

Most people are just trying to scam the government for some free leave. Same people probably get disability from the DoD because they "tweaked their back" walking down the steps or some other bs.

Cmon man, This is a gratuitous low blow. I havent seen or heard literally anyone who wants to scam. People have great anxiety about the pandemic. Theyre not going to go home and party, theyll be sitting there vegging out bored out of their mind, but w the solace to know they arent working w sick ppl.

Brah you can't say "it's not an assumption, it's fact" and then use the South China Morning Post (Read also: Who?) as some sort of relevant fact-based example.

We don’t know but until we know if they will recover more and to what degree we need to treat it like they won’t.

B-But you just said and quoted, with a VERY reliable source, that it was a fact! And then you referenced the flippin DailyMail!!!! Good lord man your argument was so thin I'm gonna use it if I can't find any toilet paper tomorrow.

Brah you can't say "it's not an assumption, it's fact" and then use the South China Morning Post (Read also: Who?) as some sort of relevant fact-based example.

B-But you just said and quoted, with a VERY reliable source, that it was a fact! And then you referenced the flippin DailyMail!!!! Good lord man your argument was so thin I'm gonna use it if I can't find any toilet paper tomorrow.

The South China Morning Post is an English language Hong Kong based newspaper. The article quotes doctors from a Hong Kong hospital. Who else would be reporting on it?

Discuss the factual errors in the content, or you’re just screeching about “faux news” or “msdnc”.

There is no reason to train the overwhelming majority of people. I can think of one who should keep training only because he's almost done and the reducing amounts of traffic are irrelevant. The people training on worthless positions or have yet to prove they can do the actual job under normal traffic should be out of the area. But that's just like my opinion, man and uh...yeah.

J

just for you, here’s more sources.

Are people with asthma high risk for coronavirus?
This one has links to every specific claim, including Boris Johnson saying that elderly and vulnerable should isolate for 4 months.

And another one with the Hong Kong hospital results

And a scholarly study. Next thing you’ll be telling me is that the authors aren’t american so it’s fake news ?

Nah I’m the guy that’s confident in my abilities, if I need something I provide for myself. I’ll take all 73 days of leave I have on the books if I really feel that my health is in jeopardy. Nah I’m that guy that will file a grievance against the agency, I have before and I won it when my ATM violated the National release policy.
People just bitch moan and complain about anything, things are being done. NATCA works a ton behind the scenes. That’s your locals fault if they aren’t pushing info out, ours is. The ball is rolling, give it a minute, they can’t just freeze ATC.

Okay let me pose one for you- say you have an immunocompromised family member you are concerned with spreading any possible infection to. You also have a pregnant wife who you know will be having a kid here in a few months so You need to save some leave for childcare and helping out the wife for the first few weeks after childbirth.

What's your master plan there?

I have no problem coming in if there is reduced staffing, professional cleaning periodically throughout the shift, and overabundance of sanitizing products, gloves masks etc, and taking excused when I as a non CPC halfway certed trainee am not needed. That's how it should be, along with some hazard lay while doing so.

As far as I'm concerned what the FAA is doing right now (nothing) is bullshit in regards to workforce safety.

Cleaning the facility means nothing if others were exposed while there. “Contagious” means nothing apparently.

Back
Top Bottom