"This facility is a country club"

Was just watching PGA tour golf happening @ Torrey Pines and thinking SAN is def a country club! Can anyone confirm? Or do I need to "come try it" like the N90 mafia says in order to have an opinion!? Plz advise thx :cool:

SAN is 100% a country club.. shit, honestly thats a luxury retirement facility. Look at the towers near by. SAN gets equal pay, less chaotic traffic, and is closer to the fun parts of san diego. That tower is basically 5 minutes from downtown and and 10 minutes from sunset beach, ocean beach, etc. I would murder someone to go there... Is this why I failed my MMPI?

Was just watching PGA tour golf happening @ Torrey Pines and thinking SAN is def a country club! Can anyone confirm? Or do I need to "come try it" like the N90 mafia says in order to have an opinion!? Plz advise thx :cool:

Used to work there, not far off on your assessment.

It is true that some VFR towers can be ultra hard and complex. The busy ones do several hundred, up to 1,000 ops a day with mostly student pilots, that’s as many ops as the busy hubs but they are only a level 6-8 not a 10-12. I think the busy VFR towers are some of the hardest and compared to workload lowest paid places in the agency, I would never want to work one.

Grand Forks and UND can go well above 1,000 ops in a day. Closer to 1600-2000

The only thing that beats level 8 money in San Diego is level 12 money in San Diego.
Location location. Nothing beats how close SAN is to the fun spots in town. I'd take less pay than SCT if it means not having to sit in 1 hour of traffic to and from work. 40 hour weeks vs 50 hour weeks. Considering I'd live near the beaches.

My facility definitely doesn't have this problem but everyone will tell you to shut the fuck up if you bitch about not making any money on AG pay because its so fucking expensive. People here also would rather new people get fucked as opposed to helping any new people.

My facility definitely doesn't have this problem but everyone will tell you to shut the fuck up if you bitch about not making any money on AG pay because its so fucking expensive. People here also would rather new people get fucked as opposed to helping any new people.

MAF?

How about the newly certified CPC mass filing ERR's out one week after certification? That's the quickest way to piss everyone off. On top of that then they sit and complain about their RDO's and schedules until they get picked up. Makes for a miserable work environment and hard to see an end in sight with the entitlement coming up in the ranks.

There are people not even checked out who file like 30 ERRs. LOLs
oh the nerve! That's what makes people start filing them with NO intention of ever transferring so it just starts to ruin it for everyone else. RIP to the country clubs.

How about the newly certified CPC mass filing ERR's out one week after certification? That's the quickest way to piss everyone off. On top of that then they sit and complain about their RDO's and schedules until they get picked up. Makes for a miserable work environment and hard to see an end in sight with the entitlement coming up in the ranks.
I agree that is a dick move but I think a lot of times when that happens it’s because the person was at a “shit hole” facility and was mistreated as a trainee, sometimes this is their own fault but a lot of times it is not.

What's wrong with CPC's just trying to fill out ERR'S after they certify? Why wait if you want to work somewhere else?
(Pretty new to the forum, sorry if this is a common question)

A southern region source told me FLO was the biggest country club in the south! Even tho they're 110% staffed, no one wants to participate in Mick's dynamic NCEPT clown show there. They have great weather and the facility has a relaxed laid back southern charm. Very centrally located to major Southern cities almost equidistant (60-70 miles) on all sides. This might be the country club to retire to!

Florence.jpg

Back
Top Bottom