Today the result of a DUI took another poor soul

Status
Not open for further replies.
He came on here to literally say that your ATC career is more important than a few drinks. If the FAA deems he is not able to be an AC than that is between them. You are pointing out things that everyone already knows. “DUI’s are bad” no crap, people are trying to be positive because more than one of us have made mistakes (like you when you were 17).

My bad, I forgot society builds people up with false optimism because the truth sucks too much.

People literally get denied for having too many moving violations too recently.

Welcome to the internet. Some people call things as they see them ??‍♂️

The OP has some great insight on the situation. The fact is, whether a law is stupid or not, it’s still the law. They give you a lecture day 1 at the Academy that you are a probationary employee for the first 365 days, and that the #1 cause for termination among probationary employees are DUIs. If this career is important to you, you take steps to avoid even being put in a situation that could cause an issue. If you’re going to go drink, don’t even bring your car. Uber there and back. Even if you think you’re “fine” ask a sober buddy for a ride. Don’t take any chances. Period.

My bad, I forgot society builds people up with false optimism because the truth sucks too much.

People literally get denied for having too many moving violations too recently.

Welcome to the internet. Some people call things as they see them ??‍♂️
I don’t care I posted because I’m aware of the mistake I made and wanted it to be a warning for anyone else who may feel nervous a week before evals and decide they want to go out and get a few beers w/o calling a Uber. I agree with most of what you’re saying & idc about you being a smart ass either ??‍♂️

I don’t care I posted because I’m aware of the mistake I made and wanted it to be a warning for anyone else who may feel nervous a week before evals and decide they want to go out and get a few beers w/o calling a Uber. I agree with most of what you’re saying & idc about you being a smart ass either ??‍♂️

I understand why you posted. Though it’s a post of common sense.

The difference is, I don’t care about building you up with false hope of having another chance.

You broke the law and did basically one of the few things you can’t do. Then admitted to using alcohol to cope with stressful situations. You may actually need help. Help that you won’t find on an ATC message board.

In a career where alcohol abuse is rampant, you really want someone who can’t even keep shit straight through the academy?

but he’s probably a good time at work or at that check out party, cmon bro why such a buzz kill?

Haha I complety agree with you. Who cares my thoughts on what I think about the law, the fact is that it is a law and the guy drove somewhere and decided to drink rather then just have a damn soda or because he did drink instead of uber home he slept in his car? Bad judgement and this is why there is a probation period. Can’t control himself for one year and people defend him cuz they might want to share a Busch Light with him, and don’t agree with the law, pathetic.
[/QUOTE]
Making a bad judgement call does not mean that I’m incapable of controlling traffic.. it means I made the wrong decision that night. Your post only points out the obvious that we know, getting a DUI sucks balls and I only started drinking while at the academy ironically .
I understand why you posted. Though it’s a post of common sense.

The difference is, I don’t care about building you up with false hope of having another chance.

You broke the law and did basically one of the few things you can’t do. Then admitted to using alcohol to cope with stressful situations. You may actually need help. Help that you won’t find on an ATC message board.
Lmao once again I have no intent on reapplying. I did start drinking while at the academy and it was mainly due to boredom in the miserable state of OK and having hardly anything to do. But I appreciate your expert opinion

but he’s probably a good time at work or at that check out party, cmon bro why such a buzz kill?

Haha I complety agree with you. Who cares my thoughts on what I think about the law, the fact is that it is a law and the guy drove somewhere and decided to drink rather then just have a damn soda or because he did drink instead of uber home he slept in his car? Bad judgement and this is why there is a probation period. Can’t control himself for one year and people defend him cuz they might want to share a Busch Light with him, and don’t agree with the law, pathetic.
Making a bad judgement call does not mean that I’m incapable of controlling traffic.. it means I made the wrong decision that night. Your post only points out the obvious that we know, getting a DUI sucks balls and I only started drinking while at the academy ironically .

Lmao once again I have no intent on reapplying. I did start drinking while at the academy and it was mainly due to boredom in the miserable state of OK and having hardly anything to do. But I appreciate your expert opinion
[/QUOTE]
If only you had started drinking at 16 like youappeartobeonfire

[/QUOTE]

I mean you can be sarcastic all you like, but you clearly WERE NOT cut out for ATC if it drove you to drink.

I love a good dumpster fire thread as much as the next guy but can we let this one die? We all agree drinking and driving is bad, and we've all made varying degrees of mistakes in our lives. Nobody gives a shit if you agree with the laws or not, he broke them and he came here as a warning to other new hires and that's it

I mean you can be sarcastic all you like, but you clearly WERE NOT cut out for ATC if it drove you to drink.
[/QUOTE]
Im not going to repeat my self .. my decision to start drinking was because I can and I don’t have to have a valid reason. I controlled in the military with no issues. But what you are right about is maybe it wasn’t meant for me to control in the FAA and I’m ok with that life goes on with or without the FAA.

I love a good dumpster fire thread as much as the next guy but can we let this one die? We all agree drinking and driving is bad, and we've all made varying degrees of mistakes in our lives. Nobody gives a shit if you agree with the laws or not, he broke them and he came here as a warning to other new hires and that's it
And if you are going to drink and drive, don’t fall asleep at the stop light and rear end a guy who’s been waiting for it to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom