Training Hold… Again?

BravoCharlie

FAA
Facility
ZNY New York Center
Rumors are flying about another training hold throughout the NAS with new COVID-19 variant Delta on the rise. Heard from a friend at ZTL but news has spread all throughout the country. Any information helps.

Rumor today was that training on the floor is suspended at my facility due to covid numbers in our region. Haven't heard anything official though.

ZTL training was suspended today at 1:30. No training will be allowed unless social distancing can be maintained, so some R-Side training will be allowed if the trainer can monitor from another scope. That is due to the Delta variant. We were briefed that it is a national level decision.
The totally ridiculous part about this is I can plug in as a d side, maskless, unvaccinated and work, but I am not allowed to be trained.

8B803A7E-C921-448D-BD73-70DD98C67E6B.jpegNew training hold thread?!?

Edit: before anyone gets mad at me. I don’t support the training suspensions. The last thread was just good content.

Last edited:
ZTL training was suspended today at 1:30. No training will be allowed unless social distancing can be maintained, so some R-Side training will be allowed if the trainer can monitor from another scope. That is due to the Delta variant. We were briefed that it is a national level decision.
The totally ridiculous part about this is I can plug in as a d side, maskless, unvaccinated and work, but I am not allowed to be trained.
This happened at mine earlier and it was clarified that the r side trainee and trainer were considered 1 unit and the rule basically meant that you can’t have a d side while training

I just thought ZTL training was stopped because of the crap feeds from TIROE and HUSKY?

On a more serious note, why are they worried now about COVID-19 Delta variant when 98% of the workforce is supposedly vaccinated?
The amount of care I have for an unvaccinated getting delta is small.

I just thought ZTL training was stopped because of the crap feeds from TIROE and HUSKY?

On a more serious note, why are they worried now about COVID-19 Delta variant when 98% of the workforce is supposedly vaccinated?
if crap feeds is a justification for termination of training Whoever sent me a 787 following an RJ2 out of A80 the other day should be sent to the NEST immediately

Back
Top Bottom