Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the case at all. Facilities aren’t allowed to bring in NCEPT transfers, trainees on excused absence for the purpose of training, or start the labs up with in person classes.

Reactions: KAB
“Training for people already in the building will start after a thorough checklist is completed by (the ATM) and I and then permission is granted to us when the request is sent to the region. I will inform you as soon as we have a green light to train. The 5 and 5 schedule will remain in place during training. More information to come on all of this.

Those out of the building that are high risk and individuals that are training but not in the building will be brought back at a later time. This process is still being negotiated at the national level.”

Slack message from my FACREP today

hose out of the building that are high risk and individuals that are training but not in the building will be brought back at a later time. This process is still being negotiated at the national level.”

I don’t doubt a rep said this - but I see no reason for negotiations on something if everyone agrees. Ergo, one party does not want trainees to return. Not that hard to imply.

secondly, and again, not doubting this was said, but I’ve heard of 4 separate facilities (none of which are sourced from people on this site nor anywhere online) that non essential, non-BUEs have returned to work.

believe what you want, but if you’re at home on EA and a BUE, natca is the sole reason why. Maybe you like this maybe you don’t, but it’s pretty clear at this point what’s going on.

I hear they've started training people in the facility.. does anyone know when the rest will be brought back? I imagine this could be a potential union nightmare as people with higher seniority are home over others. For example people in some areas at my facility are D-side only and they've been back, while in other areas people with the same certification or 2 radars are still home. It doesn't seem entirely fair that only some people are training on the slower COVID traffic and getting raises while others are sitting at home on AG pay.

I hear they've started training people in the facility.. does anyone know when the rest will be brought back? I imagine this could be a potential union nightmare as people with higher seniority are home over others. For example people in some areas at my facility are D-side only and they've been back, while in other areas people with the same certification or 2 radars are still home. It doesn't seem entirely fair that only some people are training on the slower COVID traffic and getting raises while others are sitting at home on AG pay.
This discussion has already been had 500 times between this thread and the shoot the shit thread.

There isn’t anything concrete about when EA people will be back but you can bet your ass when there is this thread will light up like a Christmas tree.

Same old vent, latest shittiness: People with fewer qualifications are being brought back from EA for staffing, because they had the <120day over the shoulder - and they are now allowed to resume further training. People with more sectors under their belt who were forced to stay home past 120 days are not allowed to be called back, because it would require training. Sigh.

Same old vent, latest shittiness: People with fewer qualifications are being brought back from EA for staffing, because they had the <120day over the shoulder - and they are now allowed to resume further training. People with more sectors under their belt who were forced to stay home past 120 days are not allowed to be called back, because it would require training. Sigh.
Imagine 120 days off with full pay

Imagine 120 days off with full pay

I guess maybe it's different everywhere - here, trainees don't make full pay. We're grateful to have the paycheck, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be better to be working.

I don't quite understand the dichotomy here. Fuck trainees, they're lazy and don't want to work - but trainees that don't want to fall behind people they had outpaced are ungrateful.

I guess maybe it's different everywhere - here, trainees don't make full pay. We're grateful to have the paycheck, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be better to be working.

I don't quite understand the dichotomy here. Fuck trainees, they're lazy and don't want to work - but trainees that don't want to fall behind people they had outpaced are ungrateful.

It’s not a race or a competition dude. One of my fiends at work was hired 26 months before me. He makes $39ka year more than I do. We work the same traffic, he was just at the right places at the right times to make it work for him, and he’s one of the nicest people I know.

When I came into my building I was making more than 6 of the CPCs including my trainer. I get the angst over money but everyone rates what you rate, it’s not something that should be held over anyone‘s head IMO.

It’s not a race or a competition dude. One of my fiends at work was hired 26 months before me. He makes $39ka year more than I do. We work the same traffic, he was just at the right places at the right times to make it work for him, and he’s one of the nicest people I know.

When I came into my building I was making more than 6 of the CPCs including my trainer. I get the angst over money but everyone rates what you rate, it’s not something that should be held over anyone‘s head IMO.

... what? I'm not talking about begrudging anyone the raises they earn. I'm not sure how you even got that from my post. It's not a coworker's fault that the agency didn't come up with an over the shoulder plan until after some folks' time expired. I'm not even sure that it's fair to call it the agency's fault - there can't be a significant portion of the workforce that ended up in this ugly in between. Needs of the many, and all that.

I'm just saying that it is completely shitty that there are people getting called back for staffing very recently who will now get to work their way towards minimums on new sectors, when there are others who would be recertified in far less time who aren't allowed back in the building for god knows how much longer. It was one thing to sit around and grumble quietly over a beer when no training was allowed at all. But now, with people being called back from EA and being allowed to do the same training that would allow a quick recert... It just sucks knowing that being less conscientious would have resulted in a better outcome.

For the record, I'm not a controller. I just live with one. If you can't drum up any empathy for your colleague, maybe you can find some for me - I don't think I've been alone for more than ten minutes anywhere but the shitter since March. I think we preferred the shutdown, when she WASN'T getting paid - that was mercifully short in comparison.

... what? I'm not talking about begrudging anyone the raises they earn. I'm not sure how you even got that from my post. It's not a coworker's fault that the agency didn't come up with an over the shoulder plan until after some folks' time expired. I'm not even sure that it's fair to call it the agency's fault - there can't be a significant portion of the workforce that ended up in this ugly in between. Needs of the many, and all that.

I'm just saying that it is completely shitty that there are people getting called back for staffing very recently who will now get to work their way towards minimums on new sectors, when there are others who would be recertified in far less time who aren't allowed back in the building for god knows how much longer. It was one thing to sit around and grumble quietly over a beer when no training was allowed at all. But now, with people being called back from EA and being allowed to do the same training that would allow a quick recert... It just sucks knowing that being less conscientious would have resulted in a better outcome.

For the record, I'm not a controller. I just live with one. If you can't drum up any empathy for your colleague, maybe you can find some for me - I don't think I've been alone for more than ten minutes anywhere but the shitter since March. I think we preferred the shutdown, when she WASN'T getting paid - that was mercifully short in comparison.
You don’t think the people stuck working the last 1-5 months because they were recalled deserve a shot to actually train before the EA kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom