Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of us that have heard next to nothing from our local union any recommendations of questions we can ask to gain some insight? Obviously when are we going to start training, what will the schedule be, are lab refreshers required are probably the big question but anyone have any smaller details or issues tbeir facility has run into?
#justemailpaulandtrish

For those of us that have heard next to nothing from our local union any recommendations of questions we can ask to gain some insight? Obviously when are we going to start training, what will the schedule be, are lab refreshers required are probably the big question but anyone have any smaller details or issues tbeir facility has run into?
Lmao welcome to reality

When we’re on 1 runway the rate is 32 ish an hour. The second we land on the second runway command center calls And tries to get us to up the rate as if we can run both runways at max capacity
The Command Center is nothing but a waste of time and resources. Plus, they get CIP. Their “opinions” are ridiculous because they don’t understand air traffic operations. Years ago, they told our TMU “...if you have five runways, you need to be using all of them for arrivals...” The TMU told them to shut up and put someone else on the line that understands you can’t run 5 a side in IFR weather with runways that close together.

The Command Center is nothing but a waste of time and resources. Plus, they get CIP. Their “opinions” are ridiculous because they don’t understand air traffic operations. Years ago, they told our TMU “...if you have five runways, you need to be using all of them for arrivals...” The TMU told them to shut up and put someone else on the line that understands you can’t run 5 a side in IFR weather with runways that close together.
When TMU is telling someone to shut up and put someone on the line who knows ATC, then its fuckin serious!

My Z said they are “still waiting for a gating plan” before we begin training. Trainees that were recalled on position will be starting training this week, but there’s no timeframe for when any outsiders will be brought back. The only info given was “there will be a full briefing”.

My Z said they are “still waiting for a gating plan” before we begin training. Trainees that were recalled on position will be starting training this week, but there’s no timeframe for when any outsiders will be brought back. The only info given was “there will be a full briefing”.
That is a separate work group that is still working on the plan for EA return. Hopefully soon they will solidify something.

OKC started training today. We’re still 5/5. Not sure if it’s gonna work. We are spread pretty thin

Yeah this place was understaffed before I got here.
That’s why they call it “the N90 of the south”. The CPC’s hold down check out rates intentionally so the place is always understaffed and there is big OT in non COVID years. They have the FAA fooled into thinking they are just “holding trainees to a high standard as the facility is next to the Academy and it gets lots of high profile visitors”.

That’s why they call it “the N90 of the south”. The CPC’s hold down check out rates intentionally so the place is always understaffed and there is big OT in non COVID years. They have the FAA fooled into thinking they are just “holding trainees to a high standard as the facility is next to the Academy and it gets lots of high profile visitors”.
Moses Dump, oops I mean Lake is the same way. Freaking sad when a level 6 is matching N90 for washouts.

Man I wish that was the case, we got some tower certified people that shouldn’t be certified lol
But I can definitely see what you’re talking about. I’ve seen that whole OT thing happen.

Not sure I know they have a flight school that’s pretty busy though. That operation looks like a shit show, no thanks.
I googled it. They don’t. Back in the day Japan air had a flight school where they flew actual 747s out of Moses lake to train pilots

Do they still have the Japanese flight schools their?
If they did I would give them a slight break for their abysmal training program. Their runway configuration and constant heavies would be a massive bitch. They do get occasional heavies from Fairchild AFB though. I did my OJTi class there and all their trainees said they showed up and just started hanging out in the break room for 8 hours. Pop their head into the operation once and see if anyone wanted to train them. Then peace out lol.

If they did I would give them a slight break for their abysmal training program. Their runway configuration and constant heavies would be a massive bitch. They do get occasional heavies from Fairchild AFB though. I did my OJTi class there and all their trainees said they showed up and just started hanging out in the break room for 8 hours. Pop their head into the operation once and see if anyone wanted to train them. Then peace out lol.
And this is why the training initiative was started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom