Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
... what? I'm not talking about begrudging anyone the raises they earn. I'm not sure how you even got that from my post. It's not a coworker's fault that the agency didn't come up with an over the shoulder plan until after some folks' time expired. I'm not even sure that it's fair to call it the agency's fault - there can't be a significant portion of the workforce that ended up in this ugly in between. Needs of the many, and all that.

I'm just saying that it is completely shitty that there are people getting called back for staffing very recently who will now get to work their way towards minimums on new sectors, when there are others who would be recertified in far less time who aren't allowed back in the building for god knows how much longer. It was one thing to sit around and grumble quietly over a beer when no training was allowed at all. But now, with people being called back from EA and being allowed to do the same training that would allow a quick recert... It just sucks knowing that being less conscientious would have resulted in a better outcome.

For the record, I'm not a controller. I just live with one. If you can't drum up any empathy for your colleague, maybe you can find some for me - I don't think I've been alone for more than ten minutes anywhere but the shitter since March. I think we preferred the shutdown, when she WASN'T getting paid - that was mercifully short in comparison.

What EA people have been called back? As far i know, none.

You don’t think the people stuck working the last 1-5 months because they were recalled deserve a shot to actually train before the EA kids?

Zero problem with training people that were there working before this announcement - I think they should have been training (when possible) all along. But knowing that someone with partial D-sides is being called back now (and allowed to train) over full D-sides who just need a little mandatory training is just suck.

What EA people have been called back? As far i know, none.

Oh, wow. Here they've been recalled as staffing requires, Folks with Rside sectors were called back fairly quickly - before 5/10 started, I think, but my timeline is fuzzy at this point. Then the full D-sides, starting maybe in June? That's when she would/should have gone back, but she'd already timed out. Then very recently, some areas have brought back people with partial D-sides. I assume you guys didn't stay on 5/10 for very long? I don't think this facility would have been able to do that if they hadn't pulled in at least some of their EA folks.

That’s weird that some centers brought people back asymmetrically. Also natca was originally trying to make it so no one lapsed currency. Another fail.

Yep, they just didn't agree on a plan to prevent currency lapses until after folks who had been upstairs before the sky fell had already lapsed. I don't imagine there were a whole lot of people who had been upstairs long enough to be in this situation. She was actually recalled in June with promises of a waiver, at the same time as the other full D-side in her area who was seasoning. Waiver never materialized.

I want my Playstation back. Maybe we should just buy another Playstation.

Reactions: KAB
Yep, they just didn't agree on a plan to prevent currency lapses until after folks who had been upstairs before the sky fell had already lapsed. I don't imagine there were a whole lot of people who had been upstairs long enough to be in this situation. She was actually recalled in June with promises of a waiver, at the same time as the other full D-side in her area who was seasoning. Waiver never materialized.

I want my Playstation back. Maybe we should just buy another Playstation.
Maybe you should get a job

Lol, I have a job - I work from home, which I started years ago solely to be able to go wherever the FAA decided to send her. You know, figuring that government paychecks and benefits offered a level of stability worth prioritizing.
Stable enough to get paid for months while sitting at home!!! Why would she need a waiver? She was already out of work for 120 days in April?

Doesn’t need one. Just has to make sure his wife certifies.....

Damn right! Right now, with her only making half in the door, she'd get alimony! Gotta get things evened out.

Stable enough to get paid for months while sitting at home!!! Why would she need a waiver? She was already out of work for 120 days in April?

They refused to do over the shoulders in April. I think they came in June? Right around 90 days for trainees who were on the floor when they got sent home. By the time they were willing, she had lapsed.

Edit : I feel like I should emphasize that we are well aware of how lucky we are. We are incredibly grateful, especially now that furloughs feel like less of a possibility. It just sucks finding out that they're bringing new bodies into the facility, and training them. But she can't go back, because it would require recert training. Not saying I see a better solution - just saying it sucks.

Damn right! Right now, with her only making half in the door, she'd get alimony! Gotta get things evened out.

They refused to do over the shoulders in April. I think they came in June? Right around 90 days for trainees who were on the floor when they got sent home. By the time they were willing, she had lapsed.

Edit : I feel like I should emphasize that we are well aware of how lucky we are. We are incredibly grateful, especially now that furloughs feel like less of a possibility. It just sucks finding out that they're bringing new bodies into the facility, and training them. But she can't go back, because it would require recert training. Not saying I see a better solution - just saying it sucks.
Why do furloughs feel like less? A cr through the election followed by the well it worked fine with half the people

They should be able to bring her back now that training is allowed. She should fall under the umbrella of the previous recalls since she was certified on those positions. I would mention that to management. Worth a shot if she’s tired of ya.

Why do furloughs feel like less? A cr through the election followed by the well it worked fine with half the people

When we were first coming out of the worst of it - we knew less about the virus itself, and we didn't have a good idea of whether or not we could count on increased mask compliance resulting in a plateau - the future felt particularly bleak and uncertain. There was absolutely no talk of a return, and furloughs just didn't seem like an impossibility. Now, mask use is up and cases are down - obviously a necessary step towards normality. They decided to start trialing training. They finally started talking about it, and say they're trying figure out how to bring people back. I don't feel like they're off the table yet, but they feel less likely.

Early on, we wondered if (feared?) she'd be asked to go back to her first facility. They had a *lot* of people who definitely qualify as high risk - it didn't seem impossible that they'd end up completely screwed and seeking atypical solutions. I'm not positive, but I think she'd have rather spent the last six months working there on that pay, rather than sitting here on higher pay. She'd certainly prefer that over sitting here on zero pay. She did that during the shutdown, once was enough.

They should be able to bring her back now that training is allowed. She should fall under the umbrella of the previous recalls since she was certified on those positions. I would mention that to management. Worth a shot if she’s tired of ya.

Dude, it's nice to hear that someone else think that it seems like she should be back. If not now, then at least a plan to bring her back when the partial D-sides actually start training - I don't think that's happened yet. I'll tell her to push a little harder.

We got one who lost currency due to medical prior to the EA for about 2 months, got her medical back a few weeks ago and can't train. It's a bullshit rule, especially for a full blown CPC, trust me I've tried getting it waived since me and another guy fill her line with double mids and double quick turnes every week.

God forbid the FAA gets its shit together.

We got one who lost currency due to medical prior to the EA for about 2 months, got her medical back a few weeks ago and can't train. It's a bullshit rule, especially for a full blown CPC, trust me I've tried getting it waived since me and another guy fill her line with double mids and double quick turnes every week.

We have a guy back from a higher level facility that they won’t let train. I could sleep on the other side of the cab while training him and not be worried. He’d be done the second he made minimums.

My facility has a “briefing to discuss training” on Tuesday. No idea what this briefing will consist of, nor do they have any info on a return to facility that they can provide right now.
Cant wait to get no info on the call.

My facility has a “briefing to discuss training” on Tuesday. No idea what this briefing will consist of, nor do they have any info on a return to facility that they can provide right now.
The "briefing to discuss training" at my facility was our training manager telling us that people who are already at the facility are resuming OJT. Nothing none of us didn't already know about. From what I could gather the next phase of training is dependent upon "ability to keep social distancing" and "no outbreaks in the facility". Prepare for a nothing burger.

I’m glad my facility just send an email instead of these meaningless calls that get you all hyped up

Well. That does not fill me with hope. That is absolutely insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom