Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter 4: Paragraph 1. Added new hire language and new Table 4-1 to reflect current Agency hiring practices. Subparagraph b, changed All Sources, General Public, or another “entry level,” to “All Sources – No Experience.”

I took this as standardizing the the language for no experience hires to reflect that "All Sources, General Public, or another “entry level,” all are mean the same so they are going to call it the same as “All Sources – No Experience.”

There refered to table (Table 4-1) states that All sources - Experience - Enter appropriate stage of field training at the facility based on experience. aka no academy

Most of them. This was one of the biggest frauds in American history. Any time the government is handing out free money, everyone is going to get in line with their hands open to beg. It's that exact reason why the government has no business in being involved in trying to "save" the economy. Many of these businesses that received this free money will go out of business anyway and there is no recourse to recoup any of the money. Just another well intentioned government program that was a complete failure. The worst part about it is that the ppp and other giveaways like airline bailouts now receive unanimous bipartisan support. This country is so fucked.
It received bipartisan support because there are several members of congress who own businesses and took ppp loans. No surprise they passed a law they could personally benefit from Congress created PPP loans—then at least 12 members reaped their benefits

Just noticed on the COVID map that at state level, all but 2 are orange/red. Yes I realize the county level is what really matters to the EA guys, but this paints the grim broad picture.

The possibility has dawned that unless gating criteria changes, many facilities won't be recalling until we can drown the 'rona out with a vaccine.

Just noticed on the COVID map that at state level, all but 2 are orange/red. Yes I realize the county level is what really matters to the EA guys, but this paints the grim broad picture.

The possibility has dawned that unless gating criteria changes, many facilities won't be recalling until we can drown the 'rona out with a vaccine.
Whaaat

notsurprisedkirk.jpg

Sooooo how long until we can get another mysterious 6 month work group to come up with a new recall plan since it’s pretty obvious the current guidelines are completely unrealistic? Or is the plan to just continue to have trainees rotting on Zoom for another 6 months?

since it’s pretty obvious the current guidelines are completely unrealistic?

The guidelines are eminently realistic IMO. It's not the workgroup's fault that people in general are being idiots and cases are skyrocketing across the country. Saying "oh well, this is the new normal, back to training" won't help anyone when facilities keep going down because of exposure.

The guidelines are eminently realistic IMO. It's not the workgroup's fault that people in general are being idiots and cases are skyrocketing across the country. Saying "oh well, this is the new normal, back to training" won't help anyone when facilities keep going down because of exposure.
I’d like to hear about NATCA/FAA getting us on the vaccine list and then allowing anything that gets vaccinated to returned. That’s the fastest solution at this point

The fact that facilities keep going down for this is stupid to begin with. “Oh, somebody who tested positive was here a week ago, let’s go ATC-0 for three hours and have some dudes in hazmat suits spray Lysol on everything.”

There needs to be a working solution. Having everyone sit at home until it goes away is a retarded “plan” for something that’s never going away. Meanwhile people’s careers are being clobbered, their lifetime earnings destroyed, and staffing is being decimated even further.

I’d like to hear about NATCA/FAA getting us on the vaccine list and then allowing anything that gets vaccinated to returned. That’s the fastest solution at this point
I’m definitely not down to be forced into some test subject on the new vaccine, but I’m also not sitting at home wasting time yet so I’m sure others may feel different. Least it would be something tangible to get them back in the door.

I’m definitely not down to be forced into some test subject on the new vaccine, but I’m also not sitting at home wasting time yet so I’m sure others may feel different. Least it would be something tangible to get them back in the door.
By the time any of the vaccines that are close to approval are available for normal people like us it’ll be close to a year after first person was stuck with it and many months since the initial 40 thousand people in the big study have gotten it. I understand being leery of a new vaccine technology but you aren’t really the test subject at that point.

We decided that we're comfortable taking a vaccine when a somewhat vaccine-shy country like Japan decides they're satisfied with the safety outcomes. Their push for the Olympics might be putting a bit of a wrench in that plan, though.

They’ll just make it part of our medical. And while the vaccine is new the underlying technologies have been around or under development for years and years. The biggest speed up is not having the FDA sit on application paperwork for years.

Latest cooler talk, NATCA is worried someone in D.C. is gonna realize that everyone is working this traffic perfectly fine without those on EA. They'll assume the "new normal" and start cuts similar to NZ and NavCan. Supposedly behind the curtain NATCA is seeking out a new return policy that'll get EA workers back in facilities sooner before cuts start happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom