Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest cooler talk, NATCA is worried someone in D.C. is gonna realize that everyone is working this traffic perfectly fine without those on EA. They'll assume the "new normal" and start cuts similar to NZ and NavCan. Supposedly behind the curtain NATCA is seeking out a new return policy that'll get EA workers back in facilities sooner before cuts start happening.
So basically totally made up. The FAA is still hiring and sending people to Oklahoma. The only way they cut is if NATCA keeps stopping people from coming back.

I’d like to hear about NATCA/FAA getting us on the vaccine list and then allowing anything that gets vaccinated to returned. That’s the fastest solution at this point
Like I said in the Shoot the Shit thread, I think the quickest solution would be to keep the 5/5 schedule, but make everyone take a test before they come in for the first and last days of the 5 on. Joe Rogan can test his guests daily. Sports teams are testing their entire staff daily. Negative tests should bring people back.

Like I said in the Shoot the Shit thread, I think the quickest solution would be to keep the 5/5 schedule, but make everyone take a test before they come in for the first and last days of the 5 on. Joe Rogan can test his guests daily. Sports teams are testing their entire staff daily. Negative tests should bring people back.
Only if they got those 15 minute abbot machines

Until you see people start getting laid off in other agencies I wouldn’t worry.
The big catch is the majority of government is an essential service. It's impossible to defend highly paid people who haven't worked in 8 months while the system is currently working just fine.

That's the worry, they can't defend it.

The big catch is the majority of government is an essential service. It's impossible to defend highly paid people who haven't worked in 8 months while the system is currently working just fine.

That's the worry, they can't defend it.
I don’t think closing 5 centers a night is working just fine.

It’s the gubment. They can get anything.

Also, according to an area rep at my facility, it’s the agency keeping people home while NATCA has been fighting to get us back. Something smells fishy.
Just use the evidence you see. Oklahoma is open. NATCA bargaining training needs 1800 workgroups

Can confirm my rep and even RVP have pushed the RIF rumors. IMO, it may just be a shady tactic by the union to try and sure up loyalty with trainees. The majority of people I know who’ve been trapped on EA and missed out on training/raises are super pissed with how NATCA has handled everything and in many ways, blame them directly. What better way to try and reign support back in by playing the “the agency wants to fire you, and we’re you’re only line of defense” card? Like 32 mentioned though, there’s been no legitimate talk of permanent layoffs, or really even furloughs, anywhere else in the Govt.

Can confirm my rep and even RVP have pushed the RIF rumors. IMO, it may just be a shady tactic by the union to try and sure up loyalty with trainees. The majority of people I know who’ve been trapped on EA and missed out on training/raises are super pissed with how NATCA has handled everything and in many ways, blame them directly. What better way to try and reign support back in by playing the “the agency wants to fire you, and we’re you’re only line of defense” card? Like 32 mentioned though, there’s been no legitimate talk of permanent layoffs, or really even furloughs, anywhere else in the Govt.
I think we would have already herd something if this was true. With Democrats most likely running things starting in January i dont see this happening.

Your rep and RVP sound like a couple of douchebags if they're pushing that rumor. If it turns out to be a money grab I would go with the GFY route

NATCA is worried someone in D.C. is gonna realize that everyone is working this traffic perfectly fine without those on EA.

If someone in DC doesn't realize that people are quitting and retiring every single day and what works "perfectly fine" today might not work tomorrow, they're bigger idiots than I thought.

So.

There probably is some truth to it.

So basically totally made up. The FAA is still hiring and sending people to Oklahoma. The only way they cut is if NATCA keeps stopping people from coming back.
I agree. I don’t know how many people have been hired, but there’s still plenty of academy talk in here. I’m sure some prior experience too. Plus, several people have said they have received 1-10 academy grads that haven’t stepped in the door. They would be in their 1 year (saying they are in NATCA and wasn’t prior to) they would be first to go...not the controllers that have started training and or transferred CPC ITs and aren’t training. That doesn’t make any sense to retain new hires that need trained and let go currently employed government employees with experience and would create complete chaos. If they want to reduce the workforce because “we’ve been working out just fine” then stop lining up academy grads and conspiring to permanently layoff controllers that have been in the agency for longer. Which I don’t believe the majority would agree we’ve been working out just fine, some sure, not all and there’s plenty of leave being denied at places still because they are short staffed. That’s garbage talk.

Mnsalty waiting for the govt shutdown like
masturbating shake it GIF by Smasher Network

I agree. I don’t know how many people have been hired, but there’s still plenty of academy talk in here. I’m sure some prior experience too. Plus, several people have said they have received 1-10 academy grads that haven’t stepped in the door. They would be in their 1 year (saying they are in NATCA and wasn’t prior to) they would be first to go...not the controllers that have started training and or transferred CPC ITs and aren’t training. That doesn’t make any sense to retain new hires that need trained and let go currently employed government employees with experience and would create complete chaos. If they want to reduce the workforce because “we’ve been working out just fine” then stop lining up academy grads and conspiring to permanently layoff controllers that have been in the agency for longer. Which I don’t believe the majority would agree we’ve been working out just fine, some sure, not all and there’s plenty of leave being denied at places still because they are short staffed. That’s garbage talk.
Not only is there people at the academy. There’s a whole new bid of people that are going to the academy after the current group at the academy finishes.

Your rep and RVP sound like a couple of douchebags if they're pushing that rumor. If it turns out to be a money grab I would go with the GFY route
Yeah it got brought up on 2 different telecons that I’ve been on so far, and it’s been the same story each time. They claim “some people at the top” believe the traffic numbers are the new normal, they think the reduced staffing schedules are proof you don’t need as many people as projected for staffing purposes, and they’re “unhappy” that trainees have been paid “to sit at home doing nothing” for 8 months. Based on all that, these “people at the top” want to start trimming down the trainee workforce.

Of course each time this was mentioned, people freaked out and asked for more details - where is this coming from, how legit are the rumors, what would a RIF process actually look like, is there a timeline, etc. and NATCA has 0 answers. They just responded with “NATCA will always fight against RIFs with everything we’ve got.” It came across as total BS.

Yeah it got brought up on 2 different telecons that I’ve been on so far, and it’s been the same story each time. They claim “some people at the top” believe the traffic numbers are the new normal, they think the reduced staffing schedules are proof you don’t need as many people as projected for staffing purposes, and they’re “unhappy” that trainees have been paid “to sit at home doing nothing” for 8 months. Based on all that, these “people at the top” want to start trimming down the trainee workforce.

Of course each time this was mentioned, people freaked out and asked for more details - where is this coming from, how legit are the rumors, what would a RIF process actually look like, is there a timeline, etc. and NATCA has 0 answers. They just responded with “NATCA will always fight against RIFs with everything we’ve got.” It came across as total BS.
So they drop a rumor bombshell like that and have no answers? What was the point in telling you then? If my reps did that I'd be using every colorful word I could think of over the course of 5 minutes on that zoom call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom