Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they drop a rumor bombshell like that and have no answers? What was the point in telling you then? If my reps did that I'd be using every colorful word I could think of over the course of 5 minutes on that zoom call
It’s it’s just select regions. Like the other regions didn’t hear about this. Lmao.

It was an RVP on a facility Zoom call saying the exact same thing.

Claimed DC is looking to furlough people which doesnt make sense to me with them continuing to send people to the Academy, and so NATCA/Facility is going to use that as an excuse to keep all the trainees in the building the next time they come back for their 120 day currency deal.

He later in the same call said there have been no actual talks about Furloughs. Its a doom and gloom thing to get the people in the facility being OK with bringing a bunch of people we dont need back, when COVID numbers everywhere are higher than they were when we went to 5/10.

Guess the FAA is fine with closing 5+ Centers every week as this continues on. Just crazy to me how this is being managed.

Claimed DC is looking to furlough people which doesnt make sense to me with them continuing to send people to the Academy, and so NATCA/Facility is going to use that as an excuse to keep all the trainees in the building the next time they come back for their 120 day currency deal.

He later in the same call said there have been no actual talks about Furloughs. Its a doom and gloom thing to get the people in the facility being OK with bringing a bunch of people we dont need back, when COVID numbers everywhere are higher than they were when we went to 5/10.

Guess the FAA is fine with closing 5+ Centers every week as this continues on. Just crazy to me how this is being managed.
They could have brought everyone back months ago if they didn’t play this game with the FAA

You also have to look at who is in charge right now. Trump, and his appointees, aren’t afraid to admit how anti Union they are. So this might not even be them looking at staffing numbers, but more of a jab at the rank and file of the Union. I guarantee when Biden places his own teams in place, these talks of RIF will disappear.
We showed how vital our job is during the sequester and the last shut down. When we can’t do our jobs things start to grind to a halt. There is bipartisan support for us and that isn’t going away. Congress enjoys flying home on the weekends. “Don’t shit where you eat”

What's this RVPs name? Or just give us a region.

I want to address these points below.

The faa is ops as normal outside of union employees. The 5/5 schedule is winding to an end. If it was about safety then we would have to have some sort of don't go to bars, don't go out of state. You need extra days off....to be safe and see if symptoms appear? I mean let's be real.

Of course trainees are mad. The union is the reason they aren't getting trained right now. You can drink at the same bar as them, but not sit within 6 feet

As for the no legitimate talk of furloughs/rif etc. I don't plan on getting a paycheck between dec 11 and Jan 20. No legitimate talk??? The government is not funded past dec 12 right now.

Luckily there isn't enough time to fire a bunch of employees, or really make any changes ASSUMING trump lost the election. (Most likely he did)

So basically totally made up. The FAA is still hiring and sending people to Oklahoma. The only way they cut is if NATCA keeps stopping people from coming back.

Can confirm my rep and even RVP have pushed the RIF rumors. IMO, it may just be a shady tactic by the union to try and sure up loyalty with trainees. The majority of people I know who’ve been trapped on EA and missed out on training/raises are super pissed with how NATCA has handled everything and in many ways, blame them directly. What better way to try and reign support back in by playing the “the agency wants to fire you, and we’re you’re only line of defense” card? Like 32 mentioned though, there’s been no legitimate talk of permanent layoffs, or really even furloughs, anywhere else in the Govt.

You also have to look at who is in charge right now. Trump, and his appointees, aren’t afraid to admit how anti Union they are. So this might not even be them looking at staffing numbers, but more of a jab at the rank and file of the Union. I guarantee when Biden places his own teams in place, these talks of RIF will disappear.
We showed how vital our job is during the sequester and the last shut down. When we can’t do our jobs things start to grind to a halt. There is bipartisan support for us and that isn’t going away. Congress enjoys flying home on the weekends. “Don’t shit where you eat”
I'm still waiting on his toddler outrage when he just says fuck it and fires the whole executive branch. Free leave till the new guy comes?

I feel that the union even mentioning RIFs and trainees is they want us to fall in line all happy with their work. It’s to try and stop complaints about having to do ridiculous zoom classes without being able to really train and coming off a 5/10 or 5/5 schedule. There is no merit to it IMO.

During my “performance evaluation” in which my training manager approved my ability to maintain the safety of the NAS while sitting on my ass at home for the past 8 months, I was assured that we’d pick up right where we left off back in March. “We’ll see exactly who took studying seriously this entire time,” they said. They’re going to wash 4 or 5 classes of trainees if that’s the case, because there isn’t a single person I know that’s done any studying since April or May.
We’re at a point where there are trainees that have been out two, three, or four times as long as they were at their facility.

RIF?
They should revist the 804 program and move slightly quicker than a continental drift.
Start by eliminating all level 5 & 6 up/downs. Consolidate the TRACONs and contract out the towers.

During my “performance evaluation” in which my training manager approved my ability to maintain the safety of the NAS while sitting on my ass at home for the past 8 months, I was assured that we’d pick up right where we left off back in March. “We’ll see exactly who took studying seriously this entire time,” they said. They’re going to wash 4 or 5 classes of trainees if that’s the case, because there isn’t a single person I know that’s done any studying since April or May.
We’re at a point where there are trainees that have been out two, three, or four times as long as they were at their facility.
I made the decision back in May that it would take more work to keep all the knowledge fresh than it would to just re-learn everything. I'm certain 99.9% of trainees hit that mark at some point as well. I passed the time in/time out threshold about a month ago which is pretty crazy to think about.

Looking good.
Does anybody else find it strange that companies continue to release this vaccine news on Monday morning before the markets open? I wonder who is making millions off of pumping and dumping the market.

So you think trainees shouldn't be expected to return to work with at least the same level of book knowledge they had as when they left? Or did you mean just expecting trainees to study this whole time is ridiculous and the knowledge can be reviewed well enough in the week before returning to work?

Does anybody else find it strange that companies continue to release this vaccine news on Monday morning before the markets open? I wonder who is making millions off of pumping and dumping the market.
It’s the best time to release news and have it “stick” and why wouldn’t a publicly traded company want their stock to go up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom