Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, training has been suspended nationally until June 15. Wooooo! Another month to order instacart and Netflix n chill and sometimes post gems on P65 when the trolls dont bring me down
I know that sounds good for now but are you concerned the academy shut down and training bans will give the Agency an excuse to always be understaffed and bog down NCEPT and long term it will be harder to get leave or advance in seniority to get a good schedule?

...I want to make sure everyone (*cough cough PushingTin cough*) is clear: We aren't at a worse place right now because people stayed inside. That's the problem with a social distancing program like this—if it works, it looks like you overreacted

Social distancing definitely works. Lol I'm not some truther or tinfoil hat wearing psycho. It's just not a zero sum game. Social distancing is also unhealthy, devastating, and soul crushing on many. Not to even mention economics. We are in a no win situation. Thanks Chi-nahhh.

I know that sounds good for now but are you concerned the academy shut down and training bans will give the Agency an excuse to always be understaffed and bog down NCEPT and long term it will be harder to get leave or advance in seniority to get a good schedule?

Lol @ the idea of NCEPT being perverted in some way worse than it already is.

Yes, I am continually concerned. The CBA has already been shat on and flushed down the toilet many times over during this process. Nothing would surprise me.

That is true GBP, why do you have to assume I only meant that a 50 year old man would hit on a 25 year old women? Have you never seen the opposite? There are a lot of strong willed and passionate women in this field, I guess that is the only way they could survive right? Are you too closed minded to think there could same sex consensual relationships at the academy too? Does the rainbow NATCA logo offend you? You are free to act and think what you want, do doubt, and your microaggression don't offend me, I'm just saying some people might be more sensitive.
Read my post again. I never said which gender was the instructor and which was the trainee, you and PushingTin assumed that all on your own. People responsible for teaching, grading, and evaluating people lower in the totem pole than themselves should not be in intimate relationships together. Does that mean it doesn't happen? No. I know male trainees that have gotten their female trainers pregnant. I know female trainers that have slept with their male superior. That doesn't make it right or any less skeezy. And I'd venture a guess that more often than not sexual harassment in the workplace is aimed at the female employees. Last I checked we're supposed to be professionals.

Cool cool. Thx natca.
It was on an FAA telcon today too. Expect a 30 day extension until mid June. Actual news of it should come out later today or tomorrow.
Except for the Flight Service people in Alaska who have been training since mid April.

I realize aviation is a male dominated profession but this is disgusting. To suggest 50-60 year old former controllers should work at the Academy with the hopes of hooking up with 20-30 year old trainees is wrong on SO MANY levels. And I'm sure you'll say it was just a joke... But jokes like this are what causes so many females to shy away from make dominated industries. I know multiple female CPCs that have had to file complaints against co-workers for lewd comments or actions. Don't be that skeezy co-worker. Be better than that.
GilletteBravoPapa

It was on an FAA telcon today too. Expect a 30 day extension until mid June. Actual news of it should come out later today or tomorrow.
Except for the Flight Service people in Alaska who have been training since mid April.
Do you think that is pushing the delay too far?

Might have been able to stop at “can’t washout”. Imagine all the excuses and points people will bring up at a TRB if you try to wash them out after a pandemic and a 6 month training delay (after wasting hours with training initiative).

35 million on unemployment and counting.
Delta says they are going to have 7,000 too many pilots by fall.
United looking to cut 1/3 of pilots

Social distancing continuing...
...but let's get the labs open.

Maybe you should just be grateful that no one is talking about a national RIF at this point but that's just like my personal opinion, man.

Last edited:
Some cities/states, yes. Others, no.
It will be revisited if it needs extension in June. If 30 days is too long, they can call people back and train if they need.
If traffic is still way down and there’s still an infection risk, there’s no point to refill the buildings and bring back training. I feel bad for people stuck in the process but risking another facility going ATC zero Bc of infection isn’t worth training on 4% - 50% of normal traffic.

Maybe you should just be grateful that no one is talking about a national RIF at this point but that's just like my personal opinion, man.

My MoMs brOtHErS SistErS CoUSin LOst HER JOb aT CHilIS ?!!!!!!! CLoSe The LABS!1!!!!!1!!!!!!11111!

Just because there are job losses outside of the organization doesn’t mean trainees should shut up and wait until spoken to.

Millions of people are also going back to work and officies are reopening and states are reopening and we are taking 1 approach for a country to the size of Europe.

If there was traffic, it would be worth the risk to bring people back. But there's not and it isn't.

If there was low traffic and zero risk, they might as well bring people back. But whether or not we degree in the level of it, there is some risk.

People keep looking for some hard guideline or something but EITHER risk or traffic swinging hard a positive direction, or both moving a little bit, will bring people back. We're just not there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom