Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion what seems plausible is the Agency will say if your on EA come back to work, but they can't force those with health issues back so they will give them an out of some sort possibly a RIF for those that don't want to come back

The only thing that doesn't make sense with the RIF talks is the fact that they are still trying to pump people in through prior exp and OTS bids.

The agency won’t let anyone go while the academy is open. Not even they are stupid enough to get rid of people they’ve already spent the time and money to put through the academy only to just replace them with others who just went through it. If anything people who are “useless” could be furloughed, even then I’d only see this during a shutdown. Hopefully Mitch can take some time off from ramming judges through the senate to negotiate with ice cream lady and orange man.

In my opinion what seems plausible is the Agency will say if your on EA come back to work, but they can't force those with health issues back so they will give them an out of some sort possibly a RIF for those that don't want to come back

The only thing that doesn't make sense with the RIF talks is the fact that they are still trying to pump people in through prior exp and OTS bids.
This makes sense from a budget persepective, any new hire that replaces someone will be paid less. (and don't talk about levels i'm talking 1 for 1)

RIF's offered to early/eligible retirees, med dq's, w/e. It's cheaper to fill them with someone new.

I DO NOT think rif's are going to happen, but there's the answer to your confusion

For those veterans on here that are trainees. In the event RIFs are a real thing, veteran preference applies and time in service from the military counts towards your total time. Also being 30 percent disabled or more is a big help as well.

For those veterans on here that are trainees. In the event RIFs are a real thing, veteran preference applies and time in service from the military counts towards your total time. Also being 30 percent disabled or more is a big help as well.
how does the 30% or more help?

So there really only seem to be 3 possible answers here: either 1.) NATCA is pushing unsubstantiated RIF rumors, which would be highly unprofessional and irresponsible. Or 2.) RIFs actually have been legitimately discussed and NATCA has seemingly failed to take any decisive action whatsoever (getting the Academy/hiring shutdown first, going to the press, etc.) or 3.) The whole thing is a complete lie to try and bolster union support from trainees.

Pick your poison.
1 and 3 seem like the same/correct answer. I think that if RIF's had any traction other than three reps in the NWP that there'd be much more discussion and information. This unsubstantiated rumor always has the same outline as well: "Somebody high up in Washington doesn't like that people are sitting at home getting paid for nothing". This has been pushed for the last 6 months and I've not seen one article, or one source outside of "dude, trust me" come forward with any verifiable evidence.

6CB48CFC-0F9A-4567-B526-71E4945F73E8.png

I mean this was in the email from NATCA today. So kind of seems shady that there’s a huge disparity in messaging between RVP’s when the head of the union is literally saying the agency has no interest in reducing staffing.
Edit: I’d for once just like an answer as to who this “somebody in Washington” is.

Last edited:
1 and 3 seem like the same/correct answer. I think that if RIF's had any traction other than three reps in the NWP that there'd be much more discussion and information. This unsubstantiated rumor always has the same outline as well: "Somebody high up in Washington doesn't like that people are sitting at home getting paid for nothing". This has been pushed for the last 6 months and I've not seen one article, or one source outside of "dude, trust me" come forward with any verifiable evidence.
I think it's very very plausible that someone high up in Washington doesn't like people being paid to do nothing (I told my girlfriend about the situation last night and she said that as a taxpayer she didn't like the idea) but I agree that if it was more than a rumor we'd be hearing a lot more about it. I doubt they'd try to go through all this with a vaccine on the horizon and barely sixty days left in this administration.

If there is any sort of NEB direction to this talk, I'd imagine it's more about getting out in front of any agency action rather than responding to it.

I think it's very very plausible that someone high up in Washington doesn't like people being paid to do nothing (I told my girlfriend about the situation last night and she said that as a taxpayer she didn't like the idea) but I agree that if it was more than a rumor we'd be hearing a lot more about it. I doubt they'd try to go through all this with a vaccine on the horizon and barely sixty days left in this administration.

If there is any sort of NEB direction to this talk, I'd imagine it's more about getting out in front of any agency action rather than responding to it.
Whoa, sounds like you need to put her in her place ?. Just don’t tell her about the paid lunches so we get 8 straight instead of 8.5, and with breaks we only work 5 out of 8 hours, or show her how much the gub’mint pays into our health care and pensions lol.

Last edited:
Sounds like NATCA is breaking into factions. The top guy is directly contradicting what RVPs are telling trainees. Definitely not a good sign.
The top guy is directly contradicting what some guy posted on this forum about what 2 reps and an RVP allegedly said to trainees*
Big difference.

View attachment 5509I mean this was in the email from NATCA today. So kind of seems shady that there’s a huge disparity in messaging between RVP’s when the head of the union is literally saying the agency has no interest in reducing staffing.
Edit: I’d for once just like an answer as to who this “somebody in Washington” is.
The only disparity was between the head of NATCA and two forum posts

Anti union people posting made up rumors with no proof. Color me shocked.
I’m at libtarded as it gets and pro union as it gets and NATCAs got me like yikes. But our RVP doesn’t talk to us so I can’t contribute to that conversation

I’m at libtarded as it gets and pro union as it gets and NATCAs got me like yikes. But our RVP doesn’t talk to us so I can’t contribute to that conversation
Oh I definitely think there are some issues but some of this RIF stuff sounds straight up fabricated. I have wondered myself if the FAA will realize how inflated some of the staffing numbers are though since we're running nearly 100% traffic with reduced staffing and getting 3hrs+ training per trainee done a day.

Anti union people posting made up rumors with no proof. Color me shocked.
It’s not like anybody’s gonna tape record a regional telecon. I can only speak for myself, but our rep said on a facility telecon that RIFs had been discussed and we’re still a possibly, and a week later, the RVP said the same thing on a regional call. Apparently others were told similar things from their reps/RVPs as well. Believe everyone is making it up if you want. It’s what was said.

Oh I definitely think there are some issues but some of this RIF stuff sounds straight up fabricated. I have wondered myself if the FAA will realize how inflated some of the staffing numbers are though since we're running nearly 100% traffic with reduced staffing and getting 3hrs+ training per trainee done a day.
The reason why it seems that was is probably because everyone had turned in their leave. At least that’s how it is where I am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom