Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I heard the same thing in a recent natca meeting that a few other people have said. We are switching the currency requirement from 120 days to 30 days and once you come in, you stay - regardless of the Covid gating criteria. They said they are trying to get out in front of a potential RIF. Sounds like it was only a couple regions that sent this out? They also threw out the possibility that we would not actually train until we hit the gating criteria.

What's this RVPs name? Or just give us a region.
NWP.

Also no good answer as to why some Centers are still on 5/10 and some are being forced to BWS while they're also closing for COVID cleanings 2-3 times a week.

Those trainees need to come back and train/certify on 50% Traffic!

NWP.

Also no good answer as to why some Centers are still on 5/10 and some are being forced to BWS while they're also closing for COVID cleanings 2-3 times a week.

It's funny how on some of the telecons NATCA is saying that we need to present a unified front but West coast NATCA is playing a different game than East Coast NATCA.

So I heard the same thing in a recent natca meeting that a few other people have said. We are switching the currency requirement from 120 days to 30 days and once you come in, you stay - regardless of the Covid gating criteria. They said they are trying to get out in front of a potential RIF. Sounds like it was only a couple regions that sent this out? They also threw out the possibility that we would not actually train until we hit the gating criteria.
RIF is a crock unless they were planning it pre-Kung Flu. Probably <1 year away from normalcy

What does that even mean. They are gonna decertify you completely if you miss currency for 1 month? That would be horrendous if true. What if you went on baby leave

NWP.

I agree. I guess if you have medical concerns that can fall under something different and stay home and wait for the vaccine, but for the majority they should come back. Like someone else said there’s always going to be something to complain about...train or not to train. Work or not to work.

It’s so divided by actual “rules” too, there’s facilities in the same region that have no trainees on EA, Raytheon back in the buildings and doing sims while others can’t get one trainee back in the door or have no idea what’s going on. Theses aren’t orange, yellow and red differences or whatever either and it’s not different region officials “approving” it so now I’m thinking the actual ATMs and local management have more say than what people believe. Not all facilities can handle 5/5 because of traffic and needed staffing, so they are just doing it and covid numbers haven’t risen (yet). Others believe keeping people out is keeping the numbers low. Maybe..maybe not. No center/tower/tracon across the nation or even all in the same region are following the same guidelines so how can you really know.

I agree. I guess if you have medical concerns that can fall under something different and stay home and wait for the vaccine, but for the majority they should come back. Like someone else said there’s always going to be something to complain about...train or not to train. Work or not to work.

It’s so divided by actual “rules” too, there’s facilities in the same region that have no trainees on EA, Raytheon back in the buildings and doing sims while others can’t get one trainee back in the door or have no idea what’s going on. Theses aren’t orange, yellow and red differences or whatever either and it’s not different region officials “approving” it so now I’m thinking the actual ATMs and local management have more say than what people believe. Not all facilities can handle 5/5 because of traffic and needed staffing, so they are just doing it and covid numbers haven’t risen (yet). Others believe keeping people out is keeping the numbers low. Maybe..maybe not. No center/tower/tracon across the nation or even all in the same region are following the same guidelines so how can you really know.
This is what pisses me off. Every facility should be on the same page about this Covid crap. I was recently quarantined by the FS due to Covid contact without symptoms and they are making me use sick leave. I’m gonna have to fight it and hopefully get it switched to EA sometime in 2021 because management treats us like criminals when it happens.

This is what pisses me off. Every facility should be on the same page about this Covid crap. I was recently quarantined by the FS due to Covid contact without symptoms and they are making me use sick leave. I’m gonna have to fight it and hopefully get it switched to EA sometime in 2021 because management treats us like criminals when it happens.
Really?? Shit I know 2 controllers in this region that got free leave just to get tested because a family member had it. No symptoms. They didn’t even have to get tested, they just got the 2 weeks. Another got 5 days off to get tested. Maybe that has to do with the managers too? I honestly still don’t understand how some get excused and some use sick, some places don’t care about “possible exposure” and some do.

Really?? Shit I know 2 controllers in this region that got free leave just to get tested because a family member had it. No symptoms. They didn’t even have to get tested, they just got the 2 weeks. Another got 5 days off to get tested. Maybe that has to do with the managers too? I honestly still don’t understand how some get excused and some use sick, some places don’t care about “possible exposure” and some do.
Yup, I’m sure it’s my local management making their own rules. Tired f what they consider abuse of the system (which is no doubt going on) but I’m not going to go into work after being exposed without FS approval. I ain’t gonna be the one to bring the beast to a halt lol. Except after the FS sent me back after only a few days. Then it’s on the FS, not me. Didn’t require a test or anything.

We had a CPC lose their medical in February, they lost currency and have been riding the gravy train while me and another pick up double mids rotating weekly to cover their shift since February.

Bring motherfuckers back that have no reason to be gone.
You don’t like double mids?

Nah man, between kids, wife, school, and the general fact that mids are boring unless you work in Tennessee. I'm the odd one out in that I enjoy the job and appreciate traffic.
Hey don’t forget about Kentucky. I can see that. I’ve always been able to make the double mid work with the family situation and yeah they are boring at times.

Hey don’t forget about Kentucky. I can see that. I’ve always been able to make the double mid work with the family situation and yeah they are boring at times.
Yeah, occasionally is a different thing, I'm game for that. But when you're scheduke every other week goes 14,12,6,Mid,Mid it fucking blows after 8 months.

What are the chances that RIF was brought up in any serious way and NATCA didn't immediately start blasting the agency in the media? That doesn't seem likely to me.

What are the chances that RIF was brought up in any serious way and NATCA didn't immediately start blasting the agency in the media? That doesn't seem likely to me.
If they say this Then NATCA can explain why they aren’t telling the FAA to shut down the academy per the contract

Yeah, occasionally is a different thing, I'm game for that. But when you're scheduke every other week goes 14,12,6,Mid,Mid it fucking blows after 8 months.
? this my bid line this year schedule ?. Except that couple months I got some 5:5 time.

I get it though. I’m not a “fan” of the mids per se because I feel losing the good traffic time like you said but it actually works out a little better for my family and helps some people not have them that really don’t want them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom