Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the best time to release news and have it “stick” and why wouldn’t a publicly traded company want their stock to go up?
I guess ethics can take a back seat as long as CEOs and shareholders can make millions. I wonder which pharmaceutical company will have positive vaccine results next Monday.

So you think trainees shouldn't be expected to return to work with at least the same level of book knowledge they had as when they left? Or did you mean just expecting trainees to study this whole time is ridiculous and the knowledge can be reviewed well enough in the week before returning to work?
I think it is ridiculous to expect anyone to be out of a practice for 8 months to be just as proficient at their job as they were when they were actively training. I haven’t done any meaningful or practical keyboard practice in over a year. I’ve been on EA longer than I was at my facility and at the academy combined. Without putting LOAs to practice, reading them over and over doesn’t stick.

I think it is ridiculous to expect anyone to be out of a practice for 8 months to be just as proficient at their job as they were when they were actively training. I haven’t done any meaningful or practical keyboard practice in over a year. I’ve been on EA longer than I was at my facility and at the academy combined. Without putting LOAs to practice, reading them over and over doesn’t stick.
my facility is taking all the new hires and running them through the entire classroom portions so they wont have to once they are at the facility. Glad to know that in a year and a half from now all that approach info will stick around just as much as the clearance delivery.

Wtf are you talking about ethics. They are for profit companies. Why can’t they make money for their investors?
Do you believe Pfizer’s CEO parading positive vaccine news all over the world and dumping $5.6 million of stock in the same day is ethical? I sure as hell do not.

my facility is taking all the new hires and running them through the entire classroom portions so they wont have to once they are at the facility. Glad to know that in a year and a half from now all that approach info will stick around just as much as the clearance delivery.
For what it’s worth, it has nothing to do with the desire to be good at the job or not. PowerPoint zoom calls are not the best way I learn. My maps & all tests I took when I was at the facility were all nearly 100%. Being able to apply the concepts is very tough to do from home. There’s no area or specialty training. It’s all national PowerPoints over and over and over. You get out as much as you put in, right? Well, the FAA isn’t really putting much into the Zoom training, so they can’t expect to get much in return.

For what it’s worth, it has nothing to do with the desire to be good at the job or not. PowerPoint zoom calls are not the best way I learn. My maps & all tests I took when I was at the facility were all nearly 100%. Being able to apply the concepts is very tough to do from home. There’s no area or specialty training. It’s all national PowerPoints over and over and over. You get out as much as you put in, right? Well, the FAA isn’t really putting much into the Zoom training, so they can’t expect to get much in return.
Not sure where you’re at but where I’m training they started running practice sims with remote pilots over Zoom to combat the fatigue from death by PowerPoint. And they split it up by specialty so they’re running two separate classes every day. Not sure how feasible that is for your facility but it’s been pretty beneficial so far. Getting to watch people with all different backgrounds run the problems and then having the ability for the instructor to pause and explain technique, LOA application, or answer a question has been much more engaging.

I dont think anyone expects proficiency to have hung around. I think everyone understands that no one will be proficient at any of it. I think it’s a reasonable expectation that when you do return and are able to restart training on the floor that you know the loas and fsops for at the very least the sector you’re on. How long you need or when you start studying is all up to the individual but trainees will be expected to have their book work down when they resume training.

I think the expectation is different depending on where people are at in training but it’s not hard to study the loas and fsops. If you were never on the floor thats one thing but for trainees that are already on the floor they should still know the book knowledge when they return.

Do you believe Pfizer’s CEO parading positive vaccine news all over the world and dumping $5.6 million of stock in the same day is ethical? I sure as hell do not.
As long as they aren’t lying I really don’t care. Should they avoid affecting stock prices as part of their strategy?

The trainees at my facility that had already started had to go through classroom again. They’ll then get spool up time, the rest of their hours from the first set and then a fresh set of hours. FAA wants this to be a nonissue at any potential TRBs in the future.

The trainees at my facility that had already started had to go through classroom again. They’ll then get spool up time, the rest of their hours from the first set and then a fresh set of hours. FAA wants this to be a nonissue at any potential TRBs in the future.
Even with all that, anyone who washes out over the next couple months/years who went through this is gonna have one hell of a TRB argument either way.

"The sales were part of his "personal financial planning" and a predetermined 105b-1 plan that he authorized in August, meaning they were allowed under Securities and Exchange Commission rules, Pfizer told Reuters." I'm not sure what this means but it sounds bad. Pre-determined meaning the shares were going to be sold anyways so he announced it for a cash grab? Not ethical. But what if he announced it because the information was true and the vaccine pans out as announced? Shrewd business maneuver. That's a pretty big gamble to take on one study.

I dont think anyone expects proficiency to have hung around. I think everyone understands that no one will be proficient at any of it. I think it’s a reasonable expectation that when you do return and are able to restart training on the floor that you know the loas and fsops for at the very least the sector you’re on. How long you need or when you start studying is all up to the individual but trainees will be expected to have their book work down when they resume training.

I think the expectation is different depending on where people are at in training but it’s not hard to study the loas and fsops. If you were never on the floor thats one thing but for trainees that are already on the floor they should still know the book knowledge when they return.
I guess. I can’t remember shit about fuck in this job till I get to apply it. I can’t mass memorize frequencies till I start switching people and then it sticks really fast.

I guess. I can’t remember shit about fuck in this job till I get to apply it. I can’t mass memorize frequencies till I start switching people and then it sticks really fast.
I CAN mass memorize them when I’m just trying to put them on a map because I know where the number goes based on an order I’ve memorized for said map. But until I get in the habit of aircraft at X altitude in such a direction switch to 000.00 frequency, it’s not going to be as smooth.

Yeah frequencies dont really sink in until you start shipping planes. Id agree that a lot of this job doesnt really sink in until you apply it. The basic fsop and loa knowledge is still something that’s not hard to stay up to speed on even when its been months since someones really worked.

Yeah frequencies dont really sink in until you start shipping planes. Id agree that a lot of this job doesnt really sink in until you apply it. The basic fsop and loa knowledge is still something that’s not hard to stay up to speed on even when its been months since someones really worked.
Idk. When you have different configurations and crossing restrictions with a tracon you recall it way faster when you start working

Idk. When you have different configurations and crossing restrictions with a tracon you recall it way faster when you start working
IMO, even if you haven’t started OJT, you can learn way more from just monitoring and asking the CPCs questions than you can from grinding the books all day. A million years ago when I was allowed in the facility, I’d be in the lab till lunch then would spend the rest of the day on the floor every day. Learned way more that way than just reviewing the letters for 3 hours a day.

How long until this is all shut down again?
What, training? Did it really ever start up again? People who were already in the building can train but that’s about it. You can probably count on one hand the number of facilities who’ve actually recalled people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom