Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

There's also a non-essential employees section:
"Employees that are certified on at least one position that were deemed non-essential are recalled to duty no later than November 30, 2020 and will be assigned to a crew by the Parties at the local level. This recall constitutes the termination of excused absence for the purpose identified on March 23, 2020."

Reading between the lines, it seems if you are past 120 days you will not be recalled.

- high risk employees can only come back if they are under 120 days and only need an over the shoulder

- recalled people under this plan cannot begin ojt. People over 120 days needs OJt....

- “employees that ARE certified on at least one position” If you’re past 120 days you aren’t certified on anything
That's exactly how I read it =/

One part I'm not sure about is if those people who lapsed INvoluntarily will be denied NEST options. Assuming they are even kept on to resume training at some point in the future...

"Employees that are certified on at least one position that were deemed non-essential are recalled to duty no later than November 30, 2020 and will be assigned to a crew by the Parties at the local level. This recall constitutes the termination of excused absence for the purpose identified on March 23, 2020."
But then they clearly say the issue of High Risk in a different category. Either way we shall see.

So if you previously had at least 1 cert but went past 120 days you are included in the recall group? Talking about “non-essentials” .

But then they clearly say the issue of High Risk in a different category. Either way we shall see.
Both sections really mean the same thing, but they're two different categories that have been tracked. High-Risk and Non-Essential.

So if you previously had at least 1 cert but went past 120 days you are included in the recall group? Talking about “non-essentials” .
That's how I understand it.

Centers gonna be filled with Stage 2-3 classrooms studying maps for months. Not as fun as studying your map at home with some vodka soda

That's how I understand it.
High Risk Employees
High risk employees that are certified on at least one position, and only require an OTS to retain current certifications, will be afforded the opportunity to voluntarily return to the facility prior to Nov. 30, 2020. High risk employees electing to return for the OTS will be assigned to a crew by the Parties at the local level and will not be placed back on excused leave. Employees that do not voluntarily return will lose certifications and be required to retrain in accordance with 3120.4R.

Any employee that does not achieve re-certification on positions for which they were previously certified will be handled in accordance with the provisions of Article 20 of the 2016 Collective Bargaining Agreement and are not subject to the provisions of the HRPM EMP 1.14a and the National Employee Services Team (NEST) process.

Employees with no position certifications will continue on excused absence until recalled at a later date.

I might be cherry picking here but... Logic?

I very much hope you are right. That's not how I parse it, but I would be thrilled for that to be the case.
What's your interpretation of it?
Does it concern the line "employees that are certified on..." when if you haven't worked position you aren't certified on it any more?
I would be surprised if that's anything more than an oversight.
Goal is to get people back in the building and stop paying for EA and free vacation time. Certified on position(s) in March....I think you meet the spirit of what this is getting across.

High Risk Employees
High risk employees that are certified on at least one position, and only require an OTS to retain current certifications, will be afforded the opportunity to voluntarily return to the facility prior to Nov. 30, 2020. High risk employees electing to return for the OTS will be assigned to a crew by the Parties at the local level and will not be placed back on excused leave. Employees that do not voluntarily return will lose certifications and be required to retrain in accordance with 3120.4R.

Any employee that does not achieve re-certification on positions for which they were previously certified will be handled in accordance with the provisions of Article 20 of the 2016 Collective Bargaining Agreement and are not subject to the provisions of the HRPM EMP 1.14a and the National Employee Services Team (NEST) process.

Employees with no position certifications will continue on excused absence until recalled at a later date.

I might be cherry picking here but... Logic?
High Risk employees can be useful to the facility in staffing and training.
Someone with no position certifications isn't useful. They'll be recalled at a later date according to the gating criteria set for each county.

EDIT: I see what you're getting at now; don't volunteer to return and lose certification. Should be treated like someone with no certifications, but are still required to return and train. Only thing I can think of: FAA anticipates the training process to be quick for people that had certifications.

Does it concern the line "employees that are certified on..." when if you haven't worked position you aren't certified on it any more?
Goal is to get people back in the building and stop paying for EA and free vacation time. Certified on position(s) in March....I think you meet the spirit of what this is getting across
i.e. somebody at the agency brought down the hammer with NATCA and said “bring people back or we’re laying them off.”

Goal is to get people back in the building and stop paying for EA and free vacation time. Certified on position(s) in March....I think you meet the spirit of what this is getting across.

Yep, that's the phrasing that bothers me. Plus the mention at the beginning that seems to assume that everyone with certifications got a June OTS, witch didn't happen for people who were upstairs before all this.

i.e. somebody at the agency brought down the hammer with NATCA and said “bring people back or we’re laying them off.”
I swear someone said this would happen. Page 10 of this thread probably.

i seriously feel like this is a mad scramble to make as many people appear essential as possible, health of essentials prior to nov30 be damned. And lol to natca trying to take credit For it....

Wat are those people going to do in the building if they aren’t able to conduct OJT and they need OJT to work?

For anyone out on high risk EA who returned to their facility for a second over the shoulder (after the one in June) between June and now, this is the interpretation I’ve received and was confirmed by RVP: everyone’s currency was extended uniformly from June to Nov 30 by waiver, and the new training order was amended to read that anyone who is out more than 30 days (but less than 120 days) from that over the shoulder will need some OJT. So if you want to avoid training again, you will need to return and receive another over the shoulder prior to Dec 30 (30 days from the Nov 30 waiver date). At that point you’re there in the facility for good. Or you can choose to be decertified and stay home. Convoluted but that’s how it’s being interpreted in my region/facility so far.

For anyone out on high risk EA who returned to their facility for a second over the shoulder (after the one in June) between June and now, this is the interpretation I’ve received and was confirmed by RVP: everyone’s currency was extended uniformly from June to Nov 30 by waiver, and the new training order was amended to read that anyone who is out more than 30 days (but less than 120 days) from that over the shoulder will need some OJT. So if you want to avoid training again, you will need to return and receive another over the shoulder prior to Dec 30 (30 days from the Nov 30 waiver date). At that point you’re there in the facility for good. Or you can choose to be decertified and stay home. Convoluted but that’s how it’s being interpreted in my region/facility so far.
Any clarification from your RVP with non-essentials and if they’re referring to current certifications, or just anyone who’s ever had a certification even if they’ve passed 120 days and lost it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom