Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are having the same conversation over and over again
Animated GIF

Is there a Super backlog at RTF? New people at my facility are apparently being told months for a new class. So they’re recalled and have data only and a “new” indefinite delay. I thought RTF classes were pretty regular.

can’t RTF and TSEW be waived?

especially bc of all the traffic reduction now? If a facility has their own sims, there is no need for RTF.
I'm not sure how backed up RTF is at the moment, but there was 2 RTF classes that were supposed to start on Tuesday. I don't know for sure if those are in session or delayed, but they're not showing up on the Course Catalog. I'll be able to find out more tomorrow and report back.
The waiving of RTF, I wouldn't count on happening. The ATM would make the request (for someone that has no approach certification in the FAA/military) and then would get told yes/no. If it's someone that has received an approach certification, they would not attend RTF. Depending on level of current facility they would be enrolled in a TSEW course. TSEW is more likely to be skipped than RTF.
Stinger you are highly trusted here. Please visit the pits of hell and enlighten us.
View attachment 5643
The DOT is in vaccine group 2A. The rollout of the vaccines to a facility level hasn't been decided on yet. Getting a vaccine will not be mandatory, but encouraged for employees to do. Other than that, I haven't heard of anything worthwhile.

it's really up to your facility and their training dept (if applicable). I think it's ultimately the ATM's decision and if you're an OTS/CIT hire, you aren't getting it waived.if you're prev exp, rehire, etc, you might stand a chnace but usually have to sign a paper saying you won't grieve it if you wash. do what you're career can handle. if you're confident and somewhat confident, sign the paper. it's not as scary as it looks.
Yeah it’s for former military who did work a busy military approach.
I know everyone says military time doesn’t count but I knew one military guy who had it waived at a prior facility 4 years ago.
I also know times have changed, so that’s why I’m wondering if it’s still possible to get it waived.
We (the coworkers) think it should be waived for him but wondering how to convince someone higher up that it will be ok.

I know everyone says military time doesn’t count but I knew one military guy who had it waived at a prior facility 4 years ago.
I also know times have changed, so that’s why I’m wondering if it’s still possible to get it waived.
We (the coworkers) think it should be waived for him but wondering how to convince someone higher up that it will be ok.
The facility is his first FAA facility?
Or military approach, then FAA tower, and now your approach?

I don’t believe you can. I think It has to be intranet.
Heh. They wouldnt let her in for 30 minutes in the spring for an ots when cases were low, wonder if they'll let her in now to donate with cases through the roof.

Anyone know how to donate leave from home?
Employees interested in donating leave may submit their donations through the On-line VLTP Intranet site. This site is located at https://ahrweb.faa.gov/ovltp

In order to donate, you must sign in and then click on the “Online Leave Donor Application”.

NOTE: Donors must have Intranet access, as the donation process is not available through the Internet. Donor names will be kept confidential.

On rare occasions, leave donations may be submitted manually on FAA Form 3600-25, Application to Donate Leave (within the FAA). This form is located under the section entitled “Forms” and it may be downloaded at the above website address. You must state the reason for completing the form manually in the space provided.

You can view the list of eligible recipients and make a donation by following this link: https://ahrweb.faa.gov/ovltp/new_nationalsel.cfm?here=nat&title=Voluntary/Emergency Leave Transfer Program - Make Donation / Recipient's List

Employees interested in donating leave may submit their donations through the On-line VLTP Intranet site. This site is located at https://ahrweb.faa.gov/ovltp

In order to donate, you must sign in and then click on the “Online Leave Donor Application”.

NOTE: Donors must have Intranet access, as the donation process is not available through the Internet. Donor names will be kept confidential.

On rare occasions, leave donations may be submitted manually on FAA Form 3600-25, Application to Donate Leave (within the FAA). This form is located under the section entitled “Forms” and it may be downloaded at the above website address. You must state the reason for completing the form manually in the space provided.

You can view the list of eligible recipients and make a donation by following this link: https://ahrweb.faa.gov/ovltp/new_nationalsel.cfm?here=nat&title=Voluntary/Emergency Leave Transfer Program - Make Donation / Recipient's List

Ah, ok. I'll see if she can get to the form, at least, or someone still working can send it to her with a copy of the needy list. I imagine not being able to get in the building for intranet will be accepted as an excuse for using the manual form this year?

lol, this is so inaccurate. ATMs have the ultimate say if they send people to TSEW, RTF, and even tower class for direct hires. n90 might be the one exception.

The ATM would make the request (for someone that has no approach certification in the FAA/military) and then would get told yes/no.
uh huh.

they should really update their org charts. i made a draft to help out.
FAA_Org_Chart_LI.jpg

We had 3 previous experience hires at my last facility all with prior approach quals and none of them had to do RTF. They just had them run some sim’s to gauge them and the ATM signed off on it. Edit: But I thought there might have been some friction about it because I believe they started making it mandatory again right as I was leaving. Not sure if that was a region thing or trying to limit exposure at TRB since we’d had a training failure after them.

The facility is his first FAA facility?
Or military approach, then FAA tower, and now your approach?
The second one.

This is not first FAA. Was approach in military, hired by FAA: first FAA facility went to tower only, now at approach. Being told indefinite wait for RTF.

We have 2 other former military who were at same military approach and they are both in the group of better CPCs. So the rest of us don't think new person needs to waste time at RTF, *especially* if it's going to be a 6 month wait of rotting on data.

We had 3 previous experience hires at my last facility all with prior approach quals and none of them had to do RTF. They just had them run some sim’s to gauge them and the ATM signed off on it. Edit: But I thought there might have been some friction about it because I believe they started making it mandatory again right as I was leaving. Not sure if that was a region thing or trying to limit exposure at TRB since we’d had a training failure after them.
Prior experience people don't need to attend RTF if they had an approach certification somewhere else. Final control GCA (ASR/PAR) does not count as qualifying experience to bypass RTF.

The second one.

This is not first FAA. Was approach in military, hired by FAA: first FAA facility went to tower only, now at approach. Being told indefinite wait for RTF.

We have 2 other former military who were at same military approach and they are both in the group of better CPCs. So the rest of us don't think new person needs to waste time at RTF, *especially* if it's going to be a 6 month wait of rotting on data.
RTF isn't really required for him then. However, there's also TSEW.
TSEW has had so many variations on who goes based on facility level, radar experience, etc...that there's no real pattern.
Without attending RTF, TSEW wouldn't make any sense to a student. Since he's at a high level tracon that needs TSEW, I don't see him skipping RTF.

One year off position coming up for people who were in the classroom when the sky fell. Two years of training down the drain...

One year off position coming up for people who were in the classroom when the sky fell. Two years of training down the drain...
I don’t understand why your wife wasn’t recalled. I thought they recalled everyone that had a cert in the last round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom