Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its almost as if you want to see this happen so you can prove a point. I dont think anyone is disagreeing with you that the FAA hasn't at least pondered the idea
Let's be PERFECTLY CLEAR.

I do NOT want ANYONE to be at risk of losing their job over this. Warranted or not, it's shitty and I don't want that to happen... I think the FAA has threatened it in some form as a result of NATCA's actions through this and I don't think it was unjustified of them to do so. That latter is my opinion, the former is reality. If you chose to believe or deny that, I can't control that.

Do I think it's *actually* going to happen? Not really, but does anyone really ever know 100%? I sure don't. If you do, I'd love to hear about it.

I think anything heard from a random rep is BS. Something that big would be heard from just about every rep.

About 6-8 weeks ago during an eastern region telecon by the Eastern Region RVP, he did mention that RIF is in not a myth and that they would likely be holding meetings soon. People who believe that RIF can never happen must be smoking some good stuff. Anyone that has worked for government long enough knows that nothing they do makes sense. So the argument that the academy is still open is irrelevant. The government can do what ever they want. History has shown that they rather deal with the consequences later. Literally every other job has been back to full status for months. This free ride can only last so long without something happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
About 6-8 weeks ago during an eastern region telecon by Rich Santa, he did mention that RIF is in not a myth and that they would likely be holding meetings soon. People who believe that RIF can never happen must be smoking some good stuff. Anyone that has worked for government long enough knows that nothing they do makes sense. So the argument that the academy is still open is irrelevant. The government can do what ever they want. History has shown that they rather deal with the consequences later. Literally every other job has been back to full status for months. This free ride can only last so long without something happening.
retirement packages and furloughs would be offered first before a RIF. Also just cant see this happening when a vaccine is just about here, why not just do it months ago instead of dragging this out. It didnt take long for europe and canada

About 6-8 weeks ago during an eastern region telecon by Rich Santa, he did mention that RIF is in not a myth and that they would likely be holding meetings soon. People who believe that RIF can never happen must be smoking some good stuff. Anyone that has worked for government long enough knows that nothing they do makes sense. So the argument that the academy is still open is irrelevant. The government can do what ever they want. History has shown that they rather deal with the consequences later. Literally every other job has been back to full status for months. This free ride can only last so long without something happening.
The only reason everyone isn’t back is because of NATCA.

retirement packages and furloughs would be offered first before a RIF. Also just cant see this happening when a vaccine is just about here, why not just do it months ago instead of dragging this out. It didnt take long for europe and canada
From what has been said on the calls I’ve been on, the RIF idea is more based around the fact that the current traffic numbers have been deemed “the new normal” and the reduced staffing schedules “show some in Washington that not as many people are needed for this job.” That’s from my rep and RVP.

From what has been said on the calls I’ve been on, the RIF idea is more based around the fact that the current traffic numbers have been deemed “the new normal” and the reduced staffing schedules “show some in Washington that not as many people are needed for this job.” That’s from my rep and RVP.
Reduced perhaps for Centers and airliner based airports. But general aviation airports have not skipped a beat since all of this began, if anything their traffic has increased

If anyone thinks this is the normal going forward we are going to get our dicks absolutely clobbered this summer. So that checks

If anyone thinks this is the normal going forward we are going to get our dicks absolutely clobbered this summer. So that checks
I do think all of this will change with the new administration though. I definitely could see a scenario where someone currently way up in DOT read a memo on this and pushed RIFs to claim he “reduced government waste” or some shit to try and get promoted.

I do think all of this will change with the new administration though. I definitely could see a scenario where someone currently way up in DOT read a memo on this and pushed RIFs to claim he “reduced government waste” or some shit to try and get promoted.
no way. I could see them contracting some more towers or keeping reduced hours. They could like cut 10% of staffing on paper just by cutting hiring since aren’t fully staffed

Hiring and the academy are baseless arguements for evidence of no possible RIF since the FAA retains all rights to fire probationary employees.

GA traffic has no impact on what the FAA thinks, the money comes from commercial traffic. All towers could become DVT and the FAA would still be looking to cut numbers if they wanted to.

Hiring and the academy are baseless arguements for evidence of no possible RIF since the FAA retains all rights to fire probationary employees.

GA traffic has no impact on what the FAA thinks, the money comes from commercial traffic. All towers could become DVT and the FAA would still be looking to cut numbers if they wanted to.
Ppl are citing the contract and how it says a rif would work. Wether that’s how they’d do it or not.

Ppl are citing the contract and how it says a rif would work. Wether that’s how they’d do it or not.
ok? doens't mean they haven't / coulnd't threaten to start next week, next month, or next year. just becuase it hasn't happened doesn't mean it wont?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom