Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
NATCA can say all they want about how they got us paid parental leave. There was 6 agencies left out due to an error. They brought up the issue but I guarantee you, the congress was just like we will fix that. The entire federal government has paid parental leave, except 6 agencies. That doesn’t look good and the government fixed it.

NATCA can say all they want about how they got us paid parental leave. There was 6 agencies left out due to an error. They brought up the issue but I guarantee you, the congress was just like we will fix that. The entire federal government has paid parental leave, except 6 agencies. That doesn’t look good and the government fixed it.
bUt iT WaS NaTcA BrUh. ThAt’s wHy wE NeEd a sTaBlE FuNdInG StReAm tHrOuGh pRiVaTiZaTiOn. JuSt lOoK At nAvCaNaDa mOdEl, ClEaRlY SuPeRiOr.

ya but then they got to send out TWO brag emails!

bUt iT WaS NaTcA BrUh. ThAt’s wHy wE NeEd a sTaBlE FuNdInG StReAm tHrOuGh pRiVaTiZaTiOn. JuSt lOoK At nAvCaNaDa mOdEl, ClEaRlY SuPeRiOr.
Even the USPS wasn’t part of it. The administration just stated article 5 employees. That was the error.
nOw iNcReAsE YoUr pAc cOnTrIbUtIoNs bEcAuSe tHeY SaVeD Us fOr wHeN I HaVe aNoThEr kId.

5 on, 5 off, no training! Holding people back from training doesn’t seem like a way to increase dues. But they did get those previous experience people to sign up for Natca and then tell them stay home.

Don’t forget that raise they fought tooth and nail for...

aCcOrDiNg tO ThE HaRvArD GaTiNg cRiTeRiA
View attachment 5927 jesus h fucking christ let's go already....we are looking at a year now... fuck off with the hahvahd map and bring trainees back already
A lot of facilities are (finally) actually getting close to meeting the criteria. Guess we’ll see how the next couple of weeks actually play out. I honestly wouldn’t be shocked to see some new excuse for why full training can’t resume though.

oh itll be the vaccine for sure...
I wouldn’t be surprised one bit. For the first few months, it was “we have wait for COVID to die down”. Then COVID started slowing down and it shifted to “we have to wait for traffic to start picking back up.” Then traffic slowly but steadily started improving, and it was “we gotta wait for face shields/PPE.” Then everyone got their PPE, and the magic Harvard map with insanely difficult criteria to meet popped up. And that’s the last anyone has heard for 5+ months. It’s been one excuse after another for a year and any time you question the status quo, you just get hit with the “yOu sHoUlD Be hApPy yOu’rE StIlL GeTtInG PaId” bullshit.

I wouldn’t be surprised one bit. For the first few months, it was “we have wait for COVID to die down”. Then COVID started slowing down and it shifted to “we have to wait for traffic to start picking back up.” Then traffic slowly but steadily started improving, and it was “we gotta wait for face shields/PPE.” Then everyone got their PPE, and the magic Harvard map with insanely difficult criteria to meet popped up. And that’s the last anyone has heard for 5+ months. It’s been one excuse after another for a year and any time you question the status quo, you just get hit with the “yOu sHoUlD Be hApPy yOu’rE StIlL GeTtInG PaId” bullshit.
What you didn’t move across the country to make 48k a year?

You know I totally forgot about the whole face shield/mask bullshit... they really do be moving the goal posts.

What you didn’t move across the country to make 48k a year?
That’s a 15% pay cut for me, all these ag’s who got lifted from making $10/hr are ecstatic but it’s bullshit.

oh itll be the vaccine for sure...
Sorry, we cant get you the vaccine because we have to worry about getting you your 48 hours off after each shot and thats too hard.

Bunch of towers and Centers shutting down all the time didnt even move the needle for us a bit. Its gonna be a long time is my fear, and a lot of other professions seem to have people out there advocating for their vaccine. Whos advocating for us to get one? Doesnt seem like its happening IMO.

Sorry, we cant get you the vaccine because we have to worry about getting you your 48 hours off after each shot and thats too hard.

Bunch of towers and Centers shutting down all the time didnt even move the needle for us a bit. Its gonna be a long time is my fear, and a lot of other professions seem to have people out there advocating for their vaccine. Whos advocating for us to get one? Doesnt seem like its happening IMO.
My facility just sent out a memo with a special employee code to get it. Im guessing if I called instead of using their online forms I'd probably get scheduled immediately. My state identified any airport workers as critical infrastructure employees and put us down as "Department of Homeland Security".

Can we rename this the Trainee Bitching Thread? Hardly ever any useful info here, just the same few people jerking each other off on how much the Union and the FAA is working against them.
If the union and/or the agency actually provided some useful info for a change, or better yet, just let people go to work and do the jobs they were hired to do, the bitching would stop instantly. ??‍♂️

I think also it doesn't help that in some places people are still training due to being brought back before the mass recall. It makes no sense that it's perfectly fine for one area to have training going on but for another it's a covid risk to let anyone train. I'm referencing rside trainees here.

It's either safe to train or it's not. Half the building shouldn't be training rsides while the other half doesn't have anyone training due to gating criteria.

I think also it doesn't help that in some places people are still training due to being brought back before the mass recall. It makes no sense that it's perfectly fine for one area to have training going on but for another it's a covid risk to let anyone train. I'm referencing rside trainees here.

It's either safe to train or it's not. Half the building shouldn't be training rsides while the other half doesn't have anyone training due to gating criteria.
They could even be like knocking out lab work totally away from the floor at a minimum. Lab is a significant portion of your training at a center

They could even be like knocking out lab work totally away from the floor at a minimum. Lab is a significant portion of your training at a center
*and several facilities have recalled trainees multiple times to do CBIs/eLMS. How is it “safe” to bring people in the building for that but not to progress in their training?

If the union and/or the agency actually provided some useful info for a change, or better yet, just let people go to work and do the jobs they were hired to do, the bitching would stop instantly. ??‍♂️
Nah, then there would be bitching that there are too many trainees and not enough lab time and not even traffic to train on. How you're only getting one session per day because you have to share positions or how all you're doing is drawing maps because you have to wait.

When they do bring ALL trainees back, for most facilities it will be completely useless to bring everyone back at one time. The classroom and labs cannot handle that. They should gradually bring people back based on who has been waiting the longest or who was furthest in training or who will certify quickest... pick your poison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom