Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show me where on this fucking chart COVID "started slowing down." Or are you talking about that little dip in September (right before cases skyrocketed around the holidays like everyone said they would) where it went down to levels that were still higher than when training was stopped in the first place?
View attachment 5929
NOW it does start to look like bringing in people from outside the building would be acceptable, in the next several weeks-to-a-month, if this steep downward trend continues and people start getting their second vaccine doses.

Unless you got the J+J shot (which you didn't) having the first round doesn't mean a whole lot. Better than nothing but you have to wait a couple weeks after the second round to have real protection.
That’s not true at all. You have antibodies after the first shot.

When this thread started we were at <12,000 cases per day... we likely won't be matching that for a while. But if you're an optimist then we've been losing an average of about 4,000 cases per day over the last 14 days... so in another 14 days we should be near zero!

When this thread started we were at <12,000 cases per day... we likely won't be matching that for a while. But if you're an optimist then we've been losing an average of about 4,000 cases per day over the last 14 days... so in another 14 days we should be near zero!
So the big brains will let you guys go back when the cases get back to what they were 10 months ago :)

According to Pfizer data published in December 2020, the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is roughly 52% effective after the first dose.

That’s still fairly high and it’ll most likely prevent you from dying. The original vaccine goal was 50%.

That's 43% less effective than with the booster, 1 in 2 versus 1 in 20 is a significant difference. A coin toss for antibodies is very Ted Cruzy.

That's 43% less effective than with the booster, 1 in 2 versus 1 in 20 is a significant difference. A coin toss for antibodies is very Ted Cruzy.
Lol you said it barely works. And it’s not zero antibodies. It just means if you get it you’ll prolly have mild illness but avoid hospitalization and death.

im not saying it’s just as good. I’m saying it’s not worthless...

but we’re all in there working and training with no shots so it’s time to end this stupid training hold

Has NATCA even acknowledged that the crayola map fluctuates? My facility went yellow for one cycle in sept because one county reported late. They brought back some trainees and then we went back to brick red. Haven’t moved since.

yet those that made it in that window have since gone on to get certs and one has CPC.

How is one two week period of low numbers going to protect the work force when the training continues once it spikes again? We had another facility shutdown during that time period, yet training continued. But to this day we aren’t approving waivers for the rest of us to come in.

Has NATCA even acknowledged that the crayola map fluctuates? My facility went yellow for one cycle in sept because one county reported late. They brought back some trainees and then we went back to brick red. Haven’t moved since.

yet those that made it in that window have since gone on to get certs and one has CPC.

How is one two week period of low numbers going to protect the work force when the training continues once it spikes again? We had another facility shutdown during that time period, yet training continued. But to this day we aren’t approving waivers for the rest of us to come in.
Welcome to the scam

That’s not true at all. You have antibodies after the first shot.
You don’t get antibodies from the vaccine... it’s mRNA which changes the way your body acts towards the virus.

i just don’t know what to say. I’m on the side of getting training started and getting people certified. After this statement, you guys can continue to stay home.

Edit: I’ll even provide a link because you probably won’t even look it up. COVID-19 and Your Health

Huh? You have to qualify to get it. Lmfao. You sound like the Texas gov.

ATC are first responders. I just looked and your state and vaccines are available for first responders, just like in every other state.

And what does Greg Abbott have to do w anything? Guy refuses to even stand for the anthem!

ATC are first responders. I just looked and your state and vaccines are available for first responders, just like in every other state.

And what does Greg Abbott have to do w anything? Guy refuses to even stand for the anthem!
Atc are first responders? How? Lmao.

This Yahoo article is entirely wrong and misrepresents the actual information.

NATCA can say all they want about how they got us paid parental leave. There was 6 agencies left out due to an error. They brought up the issue but I guarantee you, the congress was just like we will fix that. The entire federal government has paid parental leave, except 6 agencies. That doesn’t look good and the government fixed it.
I don’t understand, are you guys upset that NATCA wasn’t the only body asking for parental leave and/or the FAA wasn’t the only ones to get it? You don’t get things you don’t ask for and you can’t ask for things you don’t pay for in this corrupted system. Cuz MoNEy= sPeeCH.
And yeah privatization would be awful. If we were privatized every trainee crying on this thread woulda been fired and no one woulda been given EA.
And yes the trainees have been getting fucked for a year. It’s an awful class to be in. They got fucked during sequestration. They got fucked during the shutdown. They got fucked during covid. Some of them even get fucked during normal ops.

Atc are first responders? How? Lmao.

Oh geez stop being so pedantic and trying so hard to take everything literal. Yes. 100% qualifies for vaccine purposes. Unless you insist on taking it literally and pretend ATC would have to physically "respond", as opposed to responding on frequency by controlling the Medevacs, Life guards, military, SAM flights, etc. Next you will tell me 911 dispatchers shouldnt/dont qualify as first responders for vaccine.

pshhh, some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom