Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand, are you guys upset that NATCA wasn’t the only body asking for parental leave and/or the FAA wasn’t the only ones to get it? You don’t get things you don’t ask for and you can’t ask for things you don’t pay for in this corrupted system. Cuz MoNEy= sPeeCH.
And yeah privatization would be awful. If we were privatized every trainee crying on this thread woulda been fired and no one woulda been given EA.
And yes the trainees have been getting fucked for a year. It’s an awful class to be in. They got fucked during sequestration. They got fucked during the shutdown. They got fucked during covid. Some of them even get fucked during normal ops.
The entire fed employees got paid perental leave and it was us and a couple others that was left out at first cus if an oversight of the language.

The entire fed employees got paid perental leave and it was us and a couple others that was left out at first cus if an oversight of the language.
Yeah we were left off. You cant prove they were ever going to add us on. You cant prove it wasn't on purpose. Youre just on here whining about the union nonstop every day. They do something good and you whine and complain.

I don’t understand, are you guys upset that NATCA wasn’t the only body asking for parental leave and/or the FAA wasn’t the only ones to get it? You don’t get things you don’t ask for and you can’t ask for things you don’t pay for in this corrupted system. Cuz MoNEy= sPeeCH.
The FAA were not the only ones to not get it. Due to an error of oversight by the people who made the bill. Article 5 employees and TSA screeners were the ones included. USPS is not article 5. FAA is not article 5. The TSA isn’t article 5, but they included language that said screeners get the benefit. We are just laughing at the fact NATCA sent out and email bragging about how they got us paid parental leave. They meant for the entire federal government employees to have the benefit of paid parental leave. They were told by multiple agencies that they didn’t qualify and it was then added to the funding bill. I’m saying NATCA did not do shit to get us paid parental leave because they(the government) was already trying to fix that mistake.

Yeah we were left off. You cant prove they were ever going to add us on. You cant prove it wasn't on purpose. Youre just on here whining about the union nonstop every day. They do something good and you whine and complain.
I don’t wine and complain about the union all day. I say the union has screwed over controllers in training and as a controllers in training I’m not very happy. Why do you simp so hard for a benefit everyone got? And that we came close to missing out on. The tsa union caught the error in advance and got it fixed before passing. Where was NATCA?

I don’t wine and complain about the union all day. I say the union has screwed over controllers in training and as a controllers in training I’m not very happy. Why do you simp so hard for a benefit everyone got? And that we came close to missing out on. The tsa union caught the error in advance and got it fixed before passing. Where was NATCA?
Because we didnt get the benefit until the union complained. Congress knew of the issue from the start. A democrat introduced a bill to get it changed well ahead of time but was shot down by Republicans. Tell me more about how it wasn't purposely done to leave people off? Now list off some more hypotheticals.

Because we didnt get the benefit until the union complained. Congress knew of the issue from the start. A democrat introduced a bill to get it changed well ahead of time but was shot down by Republicans. Tell me more about how it wasn't purposely done to leave people off? Now list off some more hypotheticals.
It wasn’t a hypothetical that tsa was left off and got it fixed before it was passed the first time. The funny part was the email bragging about it when we weren’t even included.

Show me where the TSA union found it first? Every article Ive found so far mentioned NATCA and only NATCA. So prove NATCA didnt start the fight.
The original bill said title 5. And then it said title 5 and tsa screeners. Tsa didn’t have to fight because they got themselves included in the ORIGINAL BILL.

Im done arguing with you about it. NATCA got us added so I'm happy. AFGE might have gotten added earlier due to the fact that they have over 700k union members vs the 20k that NATCA has.

Fact is: Congress purposely left us off. They were made aware of the oversight beforehand. A democrat introduced a bill to amend it and Republicans voted against it.

Im done arguing with you about it. NATCA got us added so I'm happy. AFGE might have gotten added earlier due to the fact that they have over 700k union members vs the 20k that NATCA has.

Fact is: Congress purposely left us off. They were made aware of the oversight beforehand. A democrat introduced a bill to amend it and Republicans voted against it.
Doubtful since NATCA sent out an email saying we all got the benefit right after it was passed. You started this argument. It’s ok if people have alternative views brother. We all pay the same.

Doubtful since NATCA sent out an email saying we all got the benefit right after it was passed. You started this argument. It’s ok if people have alternative views brother. We all pay the same.
I just find people that post nothing but anti-union bullshit all day long annoying. Of course youll want the union to save your job though if you wash but you won't give them any of the credit for that either.

I just find people that post nothing but anti-union bullshit all day long annoying. Of course youll want the union to save your job though if you wash but you won't give them any of the credit for that either.
Lol that won’t be necessary. But I’ll be more grateful if all the training delays. Thank you ?

lol @ 32andBelow mocking and laughing @ saying you 100% CAN get the vaccine under 1st responder and then goes silent when I explain how. So typ! I know dozens of controllers who have been vaccinated under the umbrella of First Responder.

All of you people complaining that " THEY" won't give us the vaccine are the same people who watched news reports of Hurricane Katrina coming in for a week and then when flooded got on your roof with signs that said "the govt wont save me!".

lol @ 32andBelow mocking and laughing @ saying you 100% CAN get the vaccine under 1st responder and then goes silent when I explain how. So typ! I know dozens of controllers who have been vaccinated under the umbrella of First Responder.

All of you people complaining that " THEY" won't give us the vaccine are the same people who watched news reports of Hurricane Katrina coming in for a week and then when flooded got on your roof with signs that said "the govt wont save me!".
I’ve just never heard us listed as a first responder. And our local says we don’t qualify yet. Idk man.

I’ve just never heard us listed as a first responder. And our local says we don’t qualify yet. Idk man.

fair enough. its a whole other problem in and of itself that many locals act as the de facto management and omniscient overlords of everything and very few people stop to question anything. Some rep emperors have no clothes. Maybe the true motives are to impede mass vaccination/herd immunity so as to prolong the pandemic schedules infinitely.

I think in almost every state there are ways as a citizen you can proactively research and sign up. If its important to you and the facility pulls this new scam where they say we can't schedule you for the 48 hours off, then personally i would use my own sick leave and tell them to kick rocks and pound sand.

all that said, if u arent maxxing out 100% PAC donation then you have no right to complain. Lobbying disengenuous congressmen is most important thing in the world so donate today phone lines are open and if busy keep calling. You wouldnt want one of the big boys giving you the side eye at a national event would ya?

ATC are first responders. I just looked and your state and vaccines are available for first responders, just like in every other state.

And what does Greg Abbott have to do w anything? Guy refuses to even stand for the anthem!
I don't stand for the national anthem. Miss me with that jingoistic forced-nationalism bullshit.

Precisely! I called up the department of health, said I was an air traffic controller, asked if that counted as "Frontline essential" and eligible for the vaccine. They said yes, I signed up.

Screw the local, pull up your big-boy pants and call your county's department of health and ask for yourself.

I don't stand for the national anthem. Miss me with that jingoistic forced-nationalism bullshit.

Precisely! I called up the department of health, said I was an air traffic controller, asked if that counted as "Frontline essential" and eligible for the vaccine. They said yes, I signed up.

Screw the local, pull up your big-boy pants and call your county's department of health and ask for yourself.
I know what we fall under. We fall under transportation workers where I am. And it’s not open yet.

FWIW, if your state is not currently vaccinating first responders, convincing someone that you're a first responder is kind of pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom