Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bitching about NATCA “punishing trainees” but refusing to leave until you get checked out are some insane mental gymnastics.

Reactions: twn
FWIW, if your state is not currently vaccinating first responders, convincing someone that you're a first responder is kind of pointless.

Except that in his state they are vaccinating first responders. I just did a very quick search and was unabl to find a state where they are NOT. A couple didnt overtly call them first responders, rather "essential frontline workers", which ATC also is.

Bitching about NATCA “punishing trainees” but refusing to leave until you get checked out are some insane mental gymnastics.
Trainees can be aware that the union has tossed them to the side and treated them like garbage this past year, but they’re also not idiots. It’d be like moving to a neighborhood with an HOA and realizing it does nothing to help new residents, but also knowing that if you were to stop paying dues, your life would be made a living hell. There are even people on this site that have admitted they would intentionally try and wash kids out who quit NATCA. It’s sad, but in many ways, the union is run like a mafia when it comes to trainees. Even at the “welcome event” for new people at my facility, someone asked why you would pay dues if the union technically has to represent everyone anyways. The rep basically answered with a “well yes we do technically have to represent everyone, but for the sake of your careers as trainees *hint hint, wink wink* you want to be a dues paying member.”

Last edited:
Trainees can be aware that the union has tossed them to the side and treated them like garbage this past year, but they’re also not idiots. It’d be like moving to a neighborhood with an HOA and realizing it does nothing to help new residents, but also knowing that if you were to stop paying dues, your life would be made a living hell. There are even people on this site that have admitted they would intentionally try and wash kids out who quit NATCA. It’s sad, but in many ways, the union is run like a mafia when it comes to trainees. Even at the “welcome event” for new people at my facility, someone asked why you would pay dues if the union technically has to represent everyone anyways. The rep basically answered with a “well yes we do technically have to represent everyone, but for the sake of your careers as trainees *hint hint, wink wink* you want to be a dues paying member.”

The union also has a say in who gets selected for management positions. in some regions much more than others. So while its true that one is most vulnerable by far as a trainee; one is really never beyond their reach. caveat emptor!

Imagine the mental gymnastics to think the union is fucking trainees, meanwhile the rest of the aviation world is being downsized and cut, while our trainees are being paid to stay at home.

I understand there being a limit to how long, but some realization of how good the NATCA trainees have it compared to... literally any other ATC trainee on the face of the planet... yet some people still wanna bitch and say the Union is trashing trainees makes no sense.

It was a sweet deal, period.

Imagine the mental gymnastics to think the union is fucking trainees, meanwhile the rest of the aviation world is being downsized and cut, while our trainees are being paid to stay at home.

I understand there being a limit to how long, but some realization of how good the NATCA trainees have it compared to... literally any other ATC trainee on the face of the planet... yet some people still wanna bitch and say the Union is trashing trainees makes no sense.

Show me when and where the FAA was about to fire all the trainees and NATCA “saved them.” There might not be another organization on the planet that likes to toot their own horn more. Had they actually saved people from RIFs, there would have been 3 national emails, 10 Facebook posts, and dozens of telecons with reps telling trainees how they saved them from pink slips.

And the whole “somebody else somewhere in life has it worse than you so you shouldn’t complain” argument is bullshit.

Yah list all the other federal agencies that have downsized. If NATCA was successful getting us privatized then we would have gotten downsized. Thank god they didn’t.

Yah list all the other federal agencies that have downsized. If NATCA was successful getting us privatized then we would have gotten downsized. Thank god they didn’t.
List all the other federal agencies that faced a decrease in services provided like we did...your arguement is moot and ignores the specifics of our job.

Show me when and where the FAA was about to fire all the trainees and NATCA “saved them.” There might not be another organization on the planet that likes to toot their own horn more. Had they actually saved people from RIFs, there would have been 3 national emails, 10 Facebook posts, and dozens of telecons with reps telling trainees how they saved them from pink slips.

And the whole “somebody else somewhere in life has it worse than you so you shouldn’t complain” argument is bullshit.
Reference where I said anything about an RIF in what I said.

Bunch of ungrateful motherfuckers essentially.

And "somebody else has it worse" is an extremely legitimate arguement and is usually opposed by some pompous spoiled assholes.

Reference where I said anything about an RIF in what I said.

Bunch of ungrateful motherfuckers essentially.

And "somebody else has it worse" is an extremely legitimate arguement and is usually opposed by some pompous spoiled assholes.
Dude, you literally said look how NATCA trainees have it compared to other ATC around the world that have been laid off, you’re saying it’s because of NATCA FAA trainees are still employed.

National park service.
TSA
BLM
I mean come on guy. Everyone that deals with the public is down.
Now cool, you named a few. Now reference those with their GDP impact and let me know what you figure out. Draw your own conclusions from there.

Dude, you literally said look how NATCA trainees have it compared to other ATC around the world that have been laid off, you’re saying it’s because of NATCA FAA trainees are still employed.
You'd have to be retarded if you think NATCA didn't have a hand in the year long excused absence so far.

Now cool, you named a few. Now reference those with their GDP impact and let me know what you figure out. Draw your own conclusions from there.
What?! What are you even talking about.

You'd have to be retarded if you think NATCA didn't have a hand in the year long excused absence so far.
Yah they do. They’d be training. Like they are in Oklahoma.

That’s exactly what people are upset about dude. The majority of trainees DO NOT want to be on EA, they want to go to work, and do the job they were hired to do. I guarantee you the agency would have simply recalled trainees before considering any type of layoffs if NATCA hadn’t been fighting against it.

What?! What are you even talking about.
...really...you're a special type of stupid.
Yah they do. They’d be training. Like they are in Oklahoma.
Academy trainees aren't represented by the union, congrats you're not too fucking stupid. MMAC and training in the field is the best comparison of NATCA impact on training.

That’s exactly what people are upset about dude. The majority of trainees DO NOT want to be on EA, they want to go to work, and do the job they were hired to do. I guarantee you the agency would have simply recalled trainees before considering any type of layoffs if NATCA hadn’t been fighting against it.
And I said that, I wasn't opposing that the pause on training is going too long. Simply saying there are a lot of retards who are saying the union is treating trainees like garbage...which is fucking retarded given the fact THEY ARE LITERALLY BEING PAID TO DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...whereas the rest of the world of trainees is shit canned.

It is literally the best possible outcome for a highly contagious pandemic and a bunch of fucking retards are bitching about being passively employed...

...really...you're a special type of stupid.

Academy trainees aren't represented by the union, congrats you're not too fucking stupid. MMAC and training in the field is the best comparison of NATCA impact on training.

And I said that, I wasn't opposing that the pause on training is going too long. Simply saying there are a lot of retards who are saying the union is treating trainees like garbage...which is fucking retarded given the fact THEY ARE LITERALLY BEING PAID TO DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING...whereas the rest of the world of trainees is shit canned.

It is literally the best possible outcome for a highly contagious pandemic and a bunch of fucking retards are bitching about being passively employed...
Woah, your all caps rage has opened my eyes. I guess you’re right, we do owe my our careers to Paul and Trish. Probably our lives too. I’m maxing out my PAC contribution tomorrow.

Thank you for helping lead these poor bastards into the truth. In solidarity my brother!!

I’m a special kind of stupid cus I answered your question? Lmao. Keep moving those posts
If you actually believe there is an equivalence between the TSA, BLM, and FAA then yeah you're a complete retard and fail to understand the specifics of the individual departments.

Like literally comparing the turnover rate which allows a natural attrition of the TSA with ATC, or the continous minimalism required of BLM to swap a trash can no matter if it's empty with ATC...you have no understanding of the differences between those government agencies and yet you compare them like a child.

Woah, your all caps rage has opened my eyes. I guess you’re right, we do owe my our careers to Paul and Trish. Probably our lives too. I’m maxing out my PAC contribution tomorrow.

Thank you for helping lead these poor bastards into the truth. In solidarity my brother!!
Fuck Paul and Trish too for the privatization efforts. Drain the PAC and get drunk.

If you actually believe there is an equivalence between the TSA, BLM, and FAA then yeah you're a complete retard and fail to understand the specifics of the individual departments.

Like literally comparing the turnover rate which allows a natural attrition of the TSA with ATC, or the continous minimalism required of BLM to swap a trash can no if it's empty with ATC...you have no understanding of the differences between those government agencies and yet you compare them like a child.
Bro I’m comparing us to other federal agencies. Not to other countries. The fact is no feds have been laid off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom