Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Management reached out today. (No word from NATCA ?). They expect to hear something from on high at the end of the month about transitioning trainees back in.

Obv theres an incubation period. No one said the virus didnt exist. Its killed tons of old ppl that they criminally left to die in nursing homes, et al. The hysteria over it is clearly fake though. Seems like the media and swamp found a new better narrative. They didnt exactly hit and quit Covid, it was a 2 month affair. But its over. Stop texting. Stop crying. Stop asking to be friends. Its awkward. But DO start the workd back up. Including training. 32andBelow has been victimized long enough
Hey I'll be singing along with covid mania as long as I get to keep this dope ass schedule.

Hey I'll be singing along with covid mania as long as I get to keep this dope ass schedule.

but what about 32andBelow 's training!??? I stand in solidari

lol errr ya I am certainly not immune to a certain amount of hypocrisy... I would have never dreamed I could max out my annual balancce . #HazrdPayorSTFU

Doubtful. Georgia opened up bowling allies weeks ago and other states are open with no issues for weeks. Covid is just something we will live with now just like the flu every year.
Uhhhh Georgia has been cooking the numbers since the reopening

Per NATCA rep: basically no chance trainees will be recalled on the 15th, so expect the national hold to be extended. No timeline as to when something might actually happen.

Trainees might never see the inside of a control room again.
Maybe a biiiiiit dramatic. They’d gut the entire workforce. There’s still a large proportion of retirement eligibles. So they’d lose top and bottom, and be left with what, maybe 40% to staff the entire NAS?

Maybe a biiiiiit dramatic. They’d gut the entire workforce. There’s still a large proportion of retirement eligibles. So they’d lose top and bottom, and be left with what, maybe 40% to staff the entire NAS?
How long until air travel reaches 40% capacity again?

Hey I'll take getting payed in full for zero work over full pay for half work.

But ya you have it so rough ???

these folks are worried about their jobs, if they’ll have jobs, thinking about lost money and time - and you’re sitting here rolling your eyes at them? I’m sure they’d trade places with you too. Let’s be considerate of our union brothers and sisters. #solidarity ??

and you trust the agency to do what’s right and makes sense? Funny!
Honestly; let’s do it. I better not hear a single damn word from anyone about shitty staffing or having to work 6 day workweeks either.

these folks are worried about their jobs, if they’ll have jobs, thinking about lost money and time - and you’re sitting here rolling your eyes at them? I’m sure they’d trade places with you too. Let’s be considerate of our union brothers and sisters. #solidarity ??
Nobody is getting riffed or furloughed... Stop with the fear mongering.

And for the record I'm in training at the moment too, losing time and money as well. But reality is the situation is what it is, the wheels of government turn slowly, and I'm not gonna bitch and complain about getting paid to do less (or no) work and keep my full pay check while tens of thousands are wondering what they are gonna do when the fed unemployment kicks out in July and they can't pay thier bills because they aren't getting paid enough on state benefits. Thats ridiculous.

You can sit around and cry and say woe is me or you can sack up and look on the bright side and enjoy having relatively worry free paid time off.

Nobody is getting riffed or furloughed... Stop with the fear mongering.

And for the record I'm in training at the moment too, losing time and money as well. But reality is the situation is what it is, the wheels of government turn slowly, and I'm not gonna bitch and complain about getting paid to do less (or no) work and keep my full pay check while tens of thousands are wondering what they are gonna do when the fed unemployment kicks out in July and they can't pay thier bills because they aren't getting paid enough on state benefits. Thats ridiculous.

You can sit around and cry and say woe is me or you can sack up and look on the bright side and enjoy having relatively worry free paid time off.

you are delusional if you think this is sustainable much longer (full paychecks for 0 work). Nobody is crying but people have legitimate concerns about their careers and futures and frankly it’s concerning you take that so lightly.

Depends. We had people come back. To work though, and not training

I was referring to training - most specifically OJT. But, I didn’t specify that so I can’t gripe about that.

good to see some faculties are bringing folks back. Those facilities are protecting their employees.
EDIT: I thought NATCA mandates them all at home. How’d they get away with this ?

I was referring to training - most specifically OJT. But, I didn’t specify that so I can’t gripe about that.

good to see some faculties are bringing folks back. Those facilities are protecting their employees.
EDIT: I thought NATCA mandates them all at home. How’d they get away with this ?
Protecting their employees from what? Hopefully not the mythical furloughs and rif..... We are all recallable. I was recalled for two days when this started to sit on FD and do nothing. But management said I was the hole card! The back up plan! ?.

the mythical furloughs and rif..... We are all recallable.

it’s only mythical until it becomes reality.

recallable technically? Sure. Realistically? Not a chance.
For the vast majority - it’ll be an all or nothing thing. Many facreps do not want extra bodies in their buildings for many years.

you are delusional if you think this is sustainable much longer (full paychecks for 0 work). Nobody is crying but people have legitimate concerns about their careers and futures and frankly it’s concerning you take that so lightly.
No dude, the guy you quoted is right. A few months ago I might have thought paying thousands to do zero work was unsustainable but the stimulus bills and how easy the nation went another $5 trillion in debt showed clearly that it is sustainable.

And when you think about it there already were a thousand or more in the ATC pyramid already getting paid to do nothing for years. If you ever go to a center you will see a office building sized wing of the building with 100 or so people who do literally nothing, or do a job with 8 other people like airspace design where in the private sector it would be a department of two people or maybe even one.

I have never even been to headquarters, but I’m pretty sure it’s floor after floor of all the exact same situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom