Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll Venmo you 100 dollars if any non-essentials are brought in next Monday.
I doubt you'll honor that. I'm also surprised that you are this skeptical considering the source of information is Stinger. Dude has been 1 step ahead on the communication front this entire time and isn't one to blow smoke out of his ass with regularity.

They’ve actually talked about making CPCs teach zoom classes at smaller facilities.

Centers are already doing this with people who don’t have a medical.

They could but why? What’s that going to accomplish? Pretty ridiculous to expect people to turn on a dime and get their life rearranged in a couple days after almost FIVE MONTHS off

On a Great Lakes telcon they said you are recallable to whatever would be a normal response to an OT call. Say two hours for a shower and a commute.

One person I know of was written up as a person at home without a medical and didn’t respond when called. Not even recallable without a medical lol. Union tried fighting it but it didn’t work out for them.
One facility had OMs trying to recall people when the front lines said they did not need anyone. Kinda like entrapment, sick leave letters were issued when people refused to come back in. Car won’t start. Got no kid care. I’m in Florida. Etc ?.

Remember when they said on a Thursday that zoom classes would start Monday? Even if they had no plan, they still started Monday for a lot of people.

I don’t need multiple weeks notice but pretty shitty if it’s less than a week. Anyone with kids needs time to arrange things since they’ve likely pulled them from daycare or whatever. Gonna be pointless when everyone has to burn leave to arrange things
Literally what happened to me. I was given about 28 hours notice. I was like yeah that’s not happening. Literally asked them what would you like me to do with my kids? My spouse is working. No other family, etc.

Attended a Regional Union meeting yesterday and sounds like training will be an all or nothing...not individual facility based. Work group is trying to make changes to their plan, with the spike in cases in the South/SW/West it pushes back the start up of training.

Attended a Regional Union meeting yesterday and sounds like training will be an all or nothing...not individual facility based. Work group is trying to make changes to their plan, with the spike in cases in the South/SW/West it pushes back the start up of training.

I love the conflicting information. Love it. I heard it was going to be regionally and locally decided. Way to go natca. Still can’t get this shit consistent.

I was on there as well. The FAA wants NATCA to implement mask wearing procedures, as if a union has that kind of authority ?

Literally what happened to me. I was given about 28 hours notice. I was like yeah that’s not happening. Literally asked them what would you like me to do with my kids? My spouse is working. No other family, etc.
You are recallable on admin. I do t get what is so hard to understand. You should be planning on going to work and everything else is a gift

You are recallable on admin. I do t get what is so hard to understand. You should be planning on going to work and everything else is a gift

that’s fine and all, but at least in the beginning of this it was an unwritten understanding you had a reasonable period you’d be notified based on the month extensions. In July, things seem far more fluid.
Regardless - it’s pretty shitty of management to mandate someone’s return the very next day with literally zero plan or agenda in place. It serves no purpose.

Right so I’ve been sitting at home for 5 months and my childcare provider and everyone else that affects my ability to go to work should revolve their plans and their whole life around the FAA everyday for 5 months till they suddenly decide they need me to come back ASAP. Obviously we are recallable but where is the decency ? I mean I don’t care what kind of job it is, that kind of expectation is just absurd. To not be told anything for months except to “be patient” and these are “unprecedented times” why don’t I have the right to get some understanding of my situation from the FAA If they expected it from me this whole time?

AND I’m pretty sure they could have figured this all out more than just a day before.

Last edited:
my facility is operating at maybe 40% of our traffic. As a trainee I have no interest in training on that. I'm not on a crew with my training team. The training manager is in a 14-day quarantine because his kids got coronavirus symptoms... Not gonna happen. I might facility the only people that should be allowed to train right now or the satellite trainees because that's the only sector was consistent traffic

Yes it is shitty recalling without a plan. The good news is you should have.a lot of leave saved up. Just ‘request’ AL for the next week while you get everything in order. The let the Union fight and grieve the process for the recall and get your leave back.

my facility is operating at maybe 40% of our traffic. As a trainee I have no interest in training on that. I'm not on a crew with my training team. The training manager is in a 14-day quarantine because his kids got coronavirus symptoms... Not gonna happen. I might facility the only people that should be allowed to train right now or the satellite trainees because that's the only sector was consistent traffic

you’re gonna be waiting a long time then if that’s your attitude. The traffic is what it is.

Yes it is shitty recalling without a plan. The good news is you should have.a lot of leave saved up. Just ‘request’ AL for the next week while you get everything in order. The let the Union fight and grieve the process for the recall and get your leave back.

There is no viable grievance here. They didn’t do anything wrong. Being a jerk about the schedule isn’t “wrong” per the slate book. Also, natca aint fighting for trainees in any capacity.

Last edited:

Not sure how far along you are or where you work, but at my Z there is enough traffic to at least get R sides some training. Traffic may not be as busy, but seeing different sector combinations at getting at least some work (with some weather experience) would benefit most trainees. There is also a couple of hours each day where there is busy traffic. I think it would help with spool up time for a majority of R side trainees who are early on in training or even those who were close to certs get comfortable once again

Not sure how far along you are or where you work, but at my Z there is enough traffic to at least get R sides some training. Traffic may not be as busy, but seeing different sector combinations at getting at least some work (with some weather experience) would benefit most trainees. There is also a couple of hours each day where there is busy traffic. I think it would help with spool up time for a majority of R side trainees who are early on in training or even those who were close to certs get comfortable once again
I agree with this. Train on combined sectors for the volume. Hell, train on 2-3 sectors combined if you have to. Some aspects of how/when to train will have to change but all it takes is some outside the box thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom