Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing like getting corn pwned after certification. Happened before and will happen after Covid traffic
My facility has highly seasonal airports and it’s like that every summer. Looking up approaches and trying not to have a deal cus you can’t remember anything

Yah. I guess there was a confirmed faa meeting since I got it from faa and stinger got it. Excited to hear what else ppl find out today and tomorrow. I’ll be looking to the agency for information tho.
Heck for all we know, NATCA national could still be fighting against training and the agency just decided enough is enough. Guess we’ll never really know for sure though since there’s 0 communication from national. They don’t even tell FACREPs or RVPs what’s going on at the top with training.

How can they make that argument if you’re working a day shift on your 5 day stint. Some are coded for normal shift, WX (0600) and some are WX
In WMT, the shift is a WX<6> for Excused from a 6 shift when a schedule is being built.
It only shows as a WX, but it transfers over to the ART correctly.

Heck for all we know, NATCA national could still be fighting against training and the agency just decided enough is enough. Guess we’ll never really know for sure though since there’s 0 communication from national. They don’t even tell FACREPs or RVPs what’s going on at the top with training.
I’m really surprised that the fed agencies are still able to having ppl wfh with the White House’s reopen at all costs attitude.

We were told from the beginning to ignore whatever web schedules says and that we are re-callable everyday even on days that show a RDO. We also haven't had anyone tried to get written up for AWOL either, though.

Just got an email from an old facility rep (never taken off the list) saying there was still no timeline in place for resuming training/bringing people back in *shrugs*
At the end of our Zoom PowerPoint (How to Assign Beacon Codes), someone asked for an update on returning. The instructor says our Z is going to be bringing back trainees for one area in the next week or two (?!?!) and they’re working on a schedule to get trainees back into sims & onto the floor. With how adamant our FACREP has been about sticking to a 5/5, I can’t imagine that’ll go over well.

I think the training department is looking at an August return, but, like you said, no update from the union just means a big ole ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At the end of our Zoom PowerPoint (How to Assign Beacon Codes), someone asked for an update on returning. The instructor says our Z is going to be bringing back trainees for one area in the next week or two (?!?!) and they’re working on a schedule to get trainees back into sims & onto the floor. With how adamant our FACREP has been about sticking to a 5/5, I can’t imagine that’ll go over well.

I think the training department is looking at an August return, but, like you said, no update from the union just means a big ole ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Why can’t you have training and 5/5 going on? Are the sims and the operation that close? I’m at a tower and we plan on keeping the schedule and just putting the trainees into different groups.

I think it’s pretty clear at this point with some facilities having reports of trainees coming back that authority is being given over to the regional or local levels. We’d have to get some kind of map going to see what the correlation is.
If you’re at a facility with a rep or ATM (or both) that is against training during COVID - and you’re a trainee - get ready for a long long long long sit.

There is no viable grievance here. They didn’t do anything wrong. Being a jerk about the schedule isn’t “wrong” per the slate book. Also, natca aint fighting for trainees in any capacity.
Yes there is a viable grievance. You’re schedule is being changed with 7 days, but do what you do.

My fac rep was pissed and is definitely filing a grievance...and I’m still a trainee.

exception to the rule most certainly.

Yes there is a viable grievance. You’re schedule is being changed with 7 days, but do what you do.

changing from admin leave to an in office admin shift is a grey area at best. If they told you that you now had a swing shift when you had admin, slightly more legit.

We were told from the beginning to ignore whatever web schedules says and that we are re-callable everyday even on days that show a RDO. We also haven't had anyone tried to get written up for AWOL either, though.
No. F that. I would LOVE for them to try me on that. Please. I dare you, FAA. That’s crrrrrrappppp

Reactions: MKK
changing from admin leave to an in office admin shift is a grey area at best. If they told you that you now had a swing shift when you had admin, slightly more legit.
I was on admin for zoom calls all week. Sunday I was called to come in for swing shifts Monday-Thursday

I was on admin for zoom calls all week. Sunday I was called to come in for swing shifts Monday-Thursday

I think the thing is there’s nothing dictating what hours the zoom calls are supposed to be at. Technically they can be in the afternoon, or start at 8 or 11. Not saying it’s not bullshit, just supplying the reasoning from the FAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom