Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole Zoom thing has been a cluster from the start. It sounds like every facility has handled it differently. Some started right away, others waited weeks. Some basically have people pop in and take attendance and that’s it, others actually go through classroom stuff for 4 hours a day. It sounds like the only guidance from the top was “do it” and everything else was left up to the discretion of individual training managers.

Wel
I think the thing is there’s nothing dictating what hours the zoom calls are supposed to be at. Technically they can be in the afternoon, or start at 8 or 11. Not saying it’s not bullshit, just supplying the reasoning from the FAA.
Well technically my wx shift was an 8.
Our “working day” was 7-3. Zoom calls started at 7.

Isn’t it standard that the day is 7-330 when your in training.

they just need to keep ppl out of operations if they stay on 5/5 or train 5/5 and god forbid a trainer Has to come in on a Saturday.

Why can’t you have training and 5/5 going on? Are the sims and the operation that close? I’m at a tower and we plan on keeping the schedule and just putting the trainees into different groups.
We could definitely train on the floor with a 5/5 schedule. Probably have to amend training plans and have to do it on combined sectors though. At a z the sims are in a different part of the buildings, run by contractors. Nothing to do with ops. I’m wondering if there are even Raytheon instructors around to run the labs. If not they’ll have to pull people from the floor.

We could definitely train on the floor with a 5/5 schedule. Probably have to amend training plans and have to do it on combined sectors though. At a z the sims are in a different part of the buildings, run by contractors. Nothing to do with ops. I’m wondering if there are even Raytheon instructors around to run the labs. If not they’ll have to pull people from the floor.
Raytheon? How old are you? ?

Has anyone who started doing Zoom have it conclude yet or still doing it 4 hrs a day?

T
So what is it showing in Cru-art. If they have you from 8-4 on WX but you’re on zoom at 7 wouldn’t that be an hour of OT every day?
That would make sense. But it was always wx 8. Someone probably already said something because it looks like the schedule this week has all the trainees at home on zoom calls now on a 7 o’clock shift.

So message is clear right? Still no plan, everyone has garbage info, and furloughs are still on the table.

attention mods: lock it!
The only garbage info is from natca reps. The faa info seems legit. Doesn’t mean next week they’re not gonna say we need another week or two.

I forgot in this new FAA trainees already know everything. When we go back to normal schedule I think you guys should teach NATCA, the FAA and the idiot CPC’s how to efficiently run ATC.

I forgot in this new FAA trainees already know everything. When we go back to normal schedule I think you guys should teach NATCA, the FAA and the idiot CPC’s how to efficiently run ATC.
So simply discussing the situation and what each person has heard/understood means “we know” everything ? No one here is implying that...

You think the faa training process is efficient?
No I do not. Efficient training process seems to be facility dependent. My first facility was a well oiled machine. They trained twice the amount of people in half the time. My second facility can’t figure out their right from left. In fact, 3 different training managers since I’ve been here and only had the capacity to clear the log jam.

Why can’t you have training and 5/5 going on? Are the sims and the operation that close? I’m at a tower and we plan on keeping the schedule and just putting the trainees into different groups.
Our rep is 100% against bringing trainees back, but I don’t see any reason they can’t do 5/5 with training. I wouldn’t be surprised if that ends up being the case.

We are on opposite ends of the building, but still share the same common areas like break areas, restrooms, vending machines, NATCA lounge, etc.

Has anyone who started doing Zoom have it conclude yet or still doing it 4 hrs a day?
My instructor said we should be done with our lessons by next week....I can’t wait to see what they plan for once we run out of them to do. Start over? Read directly from the 7110.65 directly? Who knows. They’re also trying to get us to do eLMS courses from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom