Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would raise hell if I had an assist open but the guy qualified on ground wasn’t allowed to be trained.

FWIW I’m a high risk CPC who came back in November and am training people nonstop. Luckily we are still 5/5 or I probably wouldn’t have come back.
Yah. This is what I went through between June and October. And that sounds like what the new trainees that just came back are going through now. Peak FAA logic.

I would raise hell if I had an assist open but the guy qualified on ground wasn’t allowed to be trained.

FWIW I’m a high risk CPC who came back in November and am training people nonstop. Luckily we are still 5/5 or I probably wouldn’t have come back.
Hopefully all of the trainees are in Natca so you will give them a fair shake.

I’ve heard facilities have the option to apply for a waiver to get around the magic Harvard map and recall people on EA to restart training. Does anyone know if this has been done anywhere yet to get AG people back in?

I’ve heard facilities have the option to apply for a waiver to get around the magic Harvard map and recall people on EA to restart training. Does anyone know if this has been done anywhere yet to get AG people back in?
Aside from those that were mass recalled a month or more ago for any having one cert, no.

I'm pretty sure AG's will not be allowed back into facilities until they get the vaccine.
If that is the case, some type of guidance clarifying things would sure be nice. As far as anyone knows right now, that goddamn map is the only ticket back in for anybody, and with how things are going, it could be months longer until many facilities are yellow or green for 2 weeks straight.

If that is the case, some type of guidance clarifying things would sure be nice. As far as anyone knows right now, that goddamn map is the only ticket back in for anybody, and with how things are going, it could be months longer until many facilities are yellow or green for 2 weeks straight.

Let's be real. At the rate things are going it's going to be until the summer at the soonest that we're back to work. At least that's what I'm telling myself to keep myself sane with this monotony. We'll all be at use or lose leave by the time we're back in the building.

Yes it's a thing, our facility is getting the paperwork ready to recall a CPC that lost their cert in February. If they don't recall them we'll be ATC alert by a staffing trigger because another controller is expecting baby leave anytime now.

I doubt it would work for AG people, the biggest claim for it is having a reason to call them back such as staffing. Then justifying who they call back, like a CPC who will certify quickly versus an AG who is questionable at best (yes I know plenty of people could be close to certifying, the FAA doesn't care)

They don’t even know if the vaccine stops the spread of the virus. It’s only known to be effective at preventing disease so I’m not sure that getting the vaccine will get you in the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom