Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Facility goes to BWS October 11. Two FLM's have priority in being trained lol... "Spot leave" is built into the Schedule but we all know it will be denied for "training." Fortunately I am still out on Excused Absence.

The bid schedule 5 and 2. You’d have to go back to that to do full training. At least in a center

My tower is doing training on 5/5. They are still worried about a big resurgence this winter and want to preserve the second crews. Plus traffic is down 55%.

My tower is doing training on 5/5. They are still worried about a big resurgence this winter and want to preserve the second crews. Plus traffic is down 55%.
Our OM has been pushing BWS for months and retires at the end of the year, zero fucks given about resurgence.

Our local is working with management/approach to coordinate loading up one side of the airport for training. It won’t be the same as the shittiness of normal ops, but if we can run a 70 hour all on one side of the airport it could at least give the feeling of working a 140 hour in the old days.

Also mentioned was 9/11, busiest day at my airport was Over 2600 pre-9/11. The same argument was made then about training and certifying people on slower traffic, and even at our busiest and highest pax numbers ever last year, we Didn’t even see a 2200 day. Nothing even approaching that honestly. Big foreign O&D airports like JFK, LAX, SFO will suffer a lot more than connecting hubs, even once lockdowns start to lift.
Wasn’t SFO pretty close to going to 11? They’ll be lucky to stay a 10 after all of this is over. So much of their operation is flights to and from Asia.

Wasn’t SFO pretty close to going to 11? They’ll be lucky to stay a 10 after all of this is over. So much of their operation is flights to and from Asia.
I doubt anyone gets downgraded. There is 60+ facilities currently that have fell under threshold.

I doubt anyone gets downgraded. There is 60+ facilities currently that have fell under threshold.
I’ll bet they suspend the NVT meetings until this all blows over but after that is what I mean. Travel to and from Asia is going to take a long time to recover.

I doubt places get downgraded, at least not for another year or two. The FAA would be nuts to do it as a lot of those places we will probably get back to close enough to normal that they would get back to their old facility level, and lots of raises would need to be paid.

I’ll bet they suspend the NVT meetings until this all blows over but after that is what I mean. Travel to and from Asia is going to take a long time to recover.
Doubtful. Asia will be more resilient because of manufacturing. Europe might have a tougher time with zoom meetings

Today's news:
Central Service Area has had the most training accomplished. Leadership has been saying they came out guns blazing getting back into training. East and West have improved over the last week, but still have a ways to go.
Facilities have to train, it's important for the developmentals to get consistent training. The number of crews isn't important, consistent training is.
They'd love to see 2-3 hours a day per trainee, 5 days a week, but keep in mind the National Training Initiative isn't being pushed yet.
Wanting to phase in other developmentals next week, there's an ATM-and-higher meeting on Thursday morning.
(The above about phasing in developmentals next week was followed up by "more news to follow in the next couple weeks.")

Today's news:
Central Service Area has had the most training accomplished. Leadership has been saying they came out guns blazing getting back into training. East and West have improved over the last week, but still have a ways to go.
Facilities have to train, it's important for the developmentals to get consistent training. The number of crews isn't important, consistent training is.
They'd love to see 2-3 hours a day per trainee, 5 days a week, but keep in mind the National Training Initiative isn't being pushed yet.
Wanting to phase in other developmentals next week, there's an ATM-and-higher meeting on Thursday morning.
(The above about phasing in developmentals next week was followed up by "more news to follow in the next couple weeks.")
Stinger. I’m gonna start training in the next couple weeks. But keeping currency and trianing is going to be impossible on this 5/5. Have they talked about this?

I work at a 12 tracon in the west, doesn't look like anyone outside of management is training until november. Also, they are making everyone hit the labs and classroom again.

Stinger. I’m gonna start training in the next couple weeks. But keeping currency and trianing is going to be impossible on this 5/5. Have they talked about this?
If the number of crews needs to be reduced to accomplish training, then the crews should be reduced. If training can still occur on the 5/5 or 5/10 schedule, then trainees will be assigned to one of the crews to train on.
What going to be impossible about keeping currency and training?

If the number of crews needs to be reduced to accomplish training, then the crews should be reduced. If training can still occur on the 5/5 or 5/10 schedule, then trainees will be assigned to one of the crews to train on.
What going to be impossible about keeping currency and training?
Cus if your trianing on an r side. How are you going to work 16 hours on the d side and get any meaningful trianing time when your are only working 15 days a month. It’ll force you to sit on the d side when it’s dead a bunch of time.

Cus if your trianing on an r side. How are you going to work 16 hours on the d side and get any meaningful trianing time when your are only working 15 days a month. It’ll force you to sit on the d side when it’s dead a bunch of time.
Does working r side not give you currency on the d side? I can’t remember if I had to work ground while training on tower to keep currency so maybe training doesn’t maintain currency? I have no idea.

Does working r side not give you currency on the d side? I can’t remember if I had to work ground while training on tower to keep currency so maybe training doesn’t maintain currency? I have no idea.

No you don’t get d side time on that position if you are training there for r side. Only if you work the position combined and certified. But I think the current currency requirements have been reduced across all facilities? Hasn’t it ?

Man coming back to training just isn’t good enough? You can get your D side done any time. Run long on position for 3-4 days and it’s done. I doubt any CPC would complain about you getting currency so you can train and if they do D side a different position. Probably have ya sit there and do nothing.

No you don’t get d side time on that position if you are training there for r side. Only if you work the position combined and certified. But I think the current currency requirements have been reduced across all facilities? Hasn’t it ?
Not that I’ve heard at mine.

Man coming back to training just isn’t good enough? You can get your D side done any time. Run long on position for 3-4 days and it’s done. I doubt any CPC would complain about you getting currency so you can train and if they do D side a different position. Probably have ya sit there and do nothing.
I’m just asking a question. Cus I think it’s going to have to be addressed. But if it’s actually been reduced to 8 hours that’s a huge help.

I’m just asking a question. Cus I think it’s going to have to be addressed. But if it’s actually been reduced to 8 hours that’s a huge help.

Yeah it's at 8 hours right now. When they brought me in a few months back to keep my currency they sent me home as soon as I hit the 8 hour mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom