Transportation Industry Pay Increases

Most days I love the job. Some days suck. Overall I think I made a good choice.

Maybe Im misunderstanding what he said but it sounds like they can bid what they accrue in one year and any left over leave from the previous year has to be spot leave. That's how it's supposed to be.
Not at all how it is supposed to be.

Not at all how it is supposed to be.

Article 24, Section 7 of the contract

The remainder of the leave year outside of the PTL period(s), and the amount of leave employees will accrue during the leave year not including the two (2) weeks made available to each employee during the PTL period(s), which when combined with approved PTL opportunities, will equal the total amount of leave accrued by BUEs within the leave year.

Article 24, Section 7 of the contract

The remainder of the leave year outside of the PTL period(s), and the amount of leave employees will accrue during the leave year not including the two (2) weeks made available to each employee during the PTL period(s), which when combined with approved PTL opportunities, will equal the total amount of leave accrued by BUEs within the leave year.
All leave bid/requested within designated pre-approved opportunities shall be considered approved.

there are always excess slots. Any facility that isn’t bidding either until all slots are exhausted or people are finished are doing it wrong.

All leave bid/requested within designated pre-approved opportunities shall be considered approved.

there are always excess slots. Any facility that isn’t bidding either until all slots are exhausted or people are finished are doing it wrong.
Contract agrees with me. It's verbatim leave accrued within the leave year. Not any other. Not leave years. You keep trying to argue though.

I’ve been at facilities where the entire amount is selected at the end of the bidding. I’ve been at facilities where if everyone says they are done during the bidding period, and based on process spelled out in the mou, the remaining days can be selected however they want. Any remaining slots remain open until 30 days prior to the posting of the schedule. At which point request for leave can be denied if management follows the normal denial process.

Contract agrees with me. It's verbatim leave accrued within the leave year. Not any other. Not leave years. You keep trying to argue though.
You are correct however Your mou can specifically allow this and has to say people can bid excess leave but only after every employee has said are done bidding, slots remain, and people won’t be allowed to select more slots than was available at the beginning of the bid process

Last edited:
I’ve been at facilities where the entire amount is selected at the end of the bidding. I’ve been at facilities where if everyone says they are done during the bidding period, and based on process spelled out in the mou, the remaining days can be selected however they want. Any remaining slots remain open until 30 days prior to the posting of the schedule. At which point request for leave can be denied if management follows the normal denial process.

You are correct however Your mou can specifically allow this and have to say people can bid excess leave but only after every employee has said they chance and are done bidding, slots remain, and people won’t be allowed to select more slots than was available at the beginning of the bid process
This is the way it should be, sadly not what the contract requires. I too have worked somewhere that if you put in a leave request on an open slot two months out, the leave would be approved.

It’s the leave year for the whole area tho. So people can use the other approved leave other people don’t use

Back
Top Bottom