Transportation Industry Pay Increases

There are other ways besides threat of strike to assert pressure. Even ways that NATCA wouldn’t or couldn’t officially endorse. Remember this?

The biggest problem is getting NATCA to actually call the FAA to the negotiating table, and then not negotiate in secret and try to sell it to the members after the contract is already signed. Kinda sucks that it feels like the biggest obstacle to the members is our own union leadership.

There are other ways besides threat of strike to assert pressure. Even ways that NATCA wouldn’t or couldn’t officially endorse. Remember this?

The biggest problem is getting NATCA to actually call the FAA to the negotiating table, and then not negotiate in secret and try to sell it to the members after the contract is already signed. Kinda sucks that it feels like the biggest obstacle to the members is our own union leadership.
Maybe if natca won’t go to the negotiating table with the FAA, BUEs quitting will bring them to the table with its members trying to win them back for bleeding out all that lost revenue. If voices don’t work, hurt their purse. But I was a dirty scab who left the union so what do I know

They are all collaborators

The Office Thank You GIF

Ya'll never heard of "Blue Flu" before? Just need a few "core" heroes out there to get the point across. Then their respective FacReps can convey what they believe might be contractual remedies to their stress-induced illnesses.

Look up some of the videos their President put out recently.
Any you would suggest? Just watched this one and I like how he seems to keep the membership in the loop on ongoing issues.

Also I guess they filed a national grievance last month about telework and called out the FAA/Biden Administration:

"This ill-advised change to telework policy tramples on our contracts,” he continued. “We are constantly being told that this is the most labor-friendly administration in the history of this country, I call on the Biden Administration to demonstrate in no uncertain terms that it is.”

But I also ignore most of my NATCA e-mails, just seems PASS is a little more aggressive than NATCA.

I'll put it like this: Can you name the pass rep for your facility? Have you ever heard of pass participating in any change happening to your facility?
Actually I can name the PASS rep but I don't talk to tech ops at all so it's by chance nor do I know what their problems are just like I doubt they know our issues or who our NATCA rep is. It's not like we actually hang out together ever.

Any you would suggest? Just watched this one and I like how he seems to keep the membership in the loop on ongoing issues.

Also I guess they filed a national grievance last month about telework and called out the FAA/Biden Administration:

"This ill-advised change to telework policy tramples on our contracts,” he continued. “We are constantly being told that this is the most labor-friendly administration in the history of this country, I call on the Biden Administration to demonstrate in no uncertain terms that it is.”

But I also ignore most of my NATCA e-mails, just seems PASS is a little more aggressive than NATCA.
Whaaaaaaaat? So you’re telling me you missed this political gem? I feel like the emails are for the members who exclusively get their info from “official channels.” It’s a gov sponsored news organization (comparatively) in my opinion. If you’re not in the forums, not talking to your constituents, and only look at official memos from the union, hell, they’re doing spectacularly to support their “… air traffic controllers and other aviation safety professionals and what they do to keep the National Airspace System (NAS) running safely and efficiently.” I’d compare it to only getting news on current events from White House dot gov.

I personally really enjoyed the email saying (and showing) that NATCA stands in solidarity with the SAG and WGA members strike.

It’s all propaganda.

IMG_6350.png

Gross pay to high 3, TSP contributions on OT, and leave accrual per hour worked (accrue extra leave for working OT). Nothing is going to fix staffing until metal stops moving or it costs more to grind employees on 6 day workweeks.
While I definitely agree, everyone would end up at use-or-lose on annual if they’re at a facility that only lets them bid what they accrue in a year. My facility doesn’t let you bid accrued leave so there’s no way to use it because spot leave is non-existent. But I still agree.

If that’s too difficult, make overtime count towards your years of service. Then people would hit the 3/15/20 year marks sooner, and it would count towards retirement in that sense.

Plus higher than 1.5x on OT to force the “overtime is cheaper than hiring” situation.

While I definitely agree, everyone would end up at use-or-lose on annual if they’re at a facility that only lets them bid what they accrue in a year. My facility doesn’t let you bid accrued leave so there’s no way to use it because spot leave is non-existent. But I still agree.

If that’s too difficult, make overtime count towards your years of service. Then people would hit the 3/15/20 year marks sooner, and it would count towards retirement in that sense.

Plus higher than 1.5x on OT to force the “overtime is cheaper than hiring” situation.

Your facility doesn’t let you bid accrued leave? I think you are getting your words mixed up

Safe to say everyone in here is happy with their career choice? 😊
Most days I love the job. Some days suck. Overall I think I made a good choice.

Your facility doesn’t let you bid accrued leave? I think you are getting your words mixed up
Maybe Im misunderstanding what he said but it sounds like they can bid what they accrue in one year and any left over leave from the previous year has to be spot leave. That's how it's supposed to be.

Back
Top Bottom