Transportation Industry Pay Increases

Ok sure. Couple questions Does that include the 5 percent match? Does that include our pension? Our early retirement also? Pobably not.

Also 170 is the TOP, you aren’t there. And neither will many ups workers. you are still above the average ups worker while
Yes it includes matching and pension; that’s what “total compensation” means.

Ok sure. Couple questions Does that include the 5 percent match? Does that include our pension? Our early retirement also? Pobably not.

Also 170 is the TOP, you aren’t there. And neither will many ups workers. you are still above the average ups worker while
Look yours up and let me know. I told you where to find it.

From what I see, this includes pension, TSP matching, life insurance, and leave. 170K may be the top of the UPS contract, but if box handlers and drivers are getting paid that much you might want to rethink your career.

From what I see, this includes pension, TSP matching, life insurance, and leave. 170K may be the top of the UPS contract, but if box handlers and drivers are getting paid that much you might want to rethink your career.
This is the only timeline where ad isn’t a mall cop, he truly knocked it out of the park with this career (hence the insistence we are overpaid).

I don’t disagree we could use a raise. Schedule alone does it.

But many on here and at work focus on the number “170” and ignore many of the things different that are substantially worse as an ups driver. They trade off just like we do. Overall our pay is waaaaaay better than that figure that’s only a small portion of their employees

From what I’ve read, full time drivers will make $49/hr and they won’t have mandatory overtime. That’s a lot more than the 4s and 5s are making plus we’re working mandatory OT. For those of us stuck at lower levels, this seems great. I’m working 6 day work weeks, and moving into more 10 hour shifts and still barely breaking 100k. I know we seem whiney, but we’d love to move out of level 5s, but can’t. We’re stuck making bottom of the barrel and we have no life outside of work because of OT.

This is the only timeline where ad isn’t a mall cop, he truly knocked it out of the park with this career (hence the insistence we are overpaid).
I am not saying we are overpaid and im
Not saying we shouldn’t try for more. I’m pointing out the comparison is silly to their pay, and not arguing that the union shouldn’t be fighting for more. Let’s make that clear.

The people making the 170 will have to get a full time spot which there won’t be a whole lot of them after a contract time of 5 years. And who knows what they pay you until then. Think of it like a professor at a college getting tenure, you know ups will fuck with people and terminate them before their contract is up so on and so forth or say they don’t have the hours so on and so forth.

My total comp is 262. I’m not capped.

You barely crack 100 with OT? I’m with you on the ot, I think that’s what the teamsters got right. But many we work with would scream bloody murder if you took their ot.

I don’t disagree we could use a raise. Schedule alone does it.

But many on here and at work focus on the number “170” and ignore many of the things different that are substantially worse as an ups driver. They trade off just like we do. Overall our pay is waaaaaay better than that figure that’s only a small portion of their employees
Who cares. Don’t argue against our best interest. We need to spin it whatever way works best.

How long have you been in the agency?

W

Spoken like a true American politician. This is why we are fucked. The spin is more important than the reality. Sit the fuck down.
I seldom agree with you, but this comment is indicative of our current politician climate.

Not saying we shouldn’t try for more. I’m pointing out the comparison is silly to their pay, and not arguing that the union shouldn’t be fighting for more. Let’s make that clear.

The people making the 170 will have to get a full time spot which there won’t be a whole lot of them after a contract time of 5 years. And who knows what they pay you until then. Think of it like a professor at a college getting tenure, you know ups will fuck with people and terminate them before their contract is up so on and so forth or say they don’t have the hours so on and so forth.

You barely crack 100 with OT? I’m with you on the ot, I think that’s what the teamsters got right. But many we work with would scream bloody murder if you took their ot.
Again, low level shit hole take and 6 years in so my take is my take. But, this year is the first year I will break 100K on my W2 with 250+ hours of OT. The 115K compensation package is trash. There are 15 other CPCs in the NAS that can work the airspace I do, but I'm paid like a tenured middle school janitor for it.

If the people you work with would scream bloody murder for taking their OT away, they aren't good with money. They are not good with a budget and are spending money they don't have and haven't worked for. Level 5, 6, and 7s are getting a big FU from the pay scales when you can throw boxes into a truck for the same pay. I am happy for UPS and any union fighting for their employees pay and benefits, but it doesn't seem to be happening here with the greatest administration for workers rights of all time.

I know AD tends to have unpopular opinions, but ya'll are literally agreeing. The majority of what some of you've quoted from him has left out the part where he quite literally said that he isn't arguing that we are overpaid/shouldn't fight for more.

Is it arguing just to argue at this point?

Again, low level shit hole take and 6 years in so my take is my take. But, this year is the first year I will break 100K on my W2 with 250+ hours of OT. The 115K compensation package is trash. There are 15 other CPCs in the NAS that can work the airspace I do, but I'm paid like a tenured middle school janitor for it.

If the people you work with would scream bloody murder for taking their OT away, they aren't good with money. They are not good with a budget and are spending money they don't have and haven't worked for. Level 5, 6, and 7s are getting a big FU from the pay scales when you can throw boxes into a truck for the same pay. I am happy for UPS and any union fighting for their employees pay and benefits, but it doesn't seem to be happening here with the greatest administration for workers rights of all time.
I don’t want to discredit your ability and I feel bad that you are stuck, but you thinking there are only 15 other controllers who CAN work your traffic is absurd.

I have zero problems admitting the pay scale needs to be adjusted. That it does. I even believe they should contract and send a certified person like yourself elsewhere to help increase staffing.

Your compensation package assumes your retirement right now. Long term you do better than a box hauler no doubt. Not just money wise but most likely health despite the schedule if you work the MID and you are forced to retire where they have to go longer and will make less of a pension.

Of course the people screaming for OT are terrible with money. But those people exist and arguing for contractually less overtime will be tougher than I believe we all think because some of those people have loud voices.

Out of curiosity where do you work?

They are not good with a budget and are spending money they don't have and haven't worked for. Level 5, 6, and 7s are getting a big FU from the pay scales when you can throw boxes into a truck for the same pay.

You're comparing the highest tenured UPS driver to a brand new CPC at most of these facilities. You can put down other jobs all you want but I bet you couldnt hack it for that long just "tossing boxes". Shit, they just won air conditioning in their trucks with this contract. You people are entitled as fuck.

We should get a pay cut and get rid of AC. They don’t even have to raise the pay bands and they can get almost every controller a raise. Just work on the shit that figured out where you fall in the bands.

I understand your frustrated but try to look at is as if you get paid 100K a year to sit in a building for 40-48 hours. House arrest that they pay you for. You don’t really work at a level five up/down other than maybe one session a week in summer when it randomly gets busy.

So yeah, ir sucks that you should have been able to transfer by now, and 50% of the controllers in the NAS make close to double what you do, but it’s almost like the universal basic income (which is the next upcoming scam backfilling COVID). The government is giving you enough money to live and be comfortable for free, you just have to follow the rules and have no say in the details.

I hope you enjoy that 4 hour break ALOT! While not having to lift anything.

I think you’re also losing sight of the fact that it isn’t just truck drivers, pilots are another example. It’s the entire transportation industry except ATC. It doesn’t even have to be an increase in pay. Increase our match then. Do SOMETHING more than what is being done. Significantly more.

233k here and not capped. Still not enough to put up with this shit.

I think you’re also losing sight of the fact that it isn’t just truck drivers, pilots are another example. It’s the entire transportation industry except ATC. It doesn’t even have to be an increase in pay. Increase our match then. Do SOMETHING more than what is being done. Significantly more.
Exactly. Pilots do almost nothing. Here comes the people crying about how much their ratings cost 😭😭😭😭. Don’t pay us more we aren’t worthy

Back
Top Bottom