Transportation Industry Pay Increases

By socializing the losses and privatizing the gains, pilots and airlines didn't have to experience any of the risk typically associated with private employment, like your company going bankrupt and losing your job. Now, they reap the benefits of low pilot supply and high pilot demand and can demand huge increases in wages and benefits. Just another example of government interference screwing up the free market forces. It would have been "more fair" if the government didn't bail out the airlines and they had to dilute their stock, furlough/cut pilot wages, and had to restructure to survive. Then they could have raised wages and benefits as demand returned and to makeup for lost wages during the pandemic.
And all the while delta execs have been zooming around the tarmac in Cayennes. Maybe they would have switched to Fords. Thanks government.

Banging out on scheduled OT is no different then banging out on a normal shift. Every facility is different but you can be put on SL abuse
And then what? They going to give me days on the beach when we are below numbers? Fire me when they have no staffing?

FWIW I work 90%+ of my OTs but getting a sick leave letter (that sticks once natca gets involved) should be the least of anyone’s worries. Hell you aren’t even on sick leave you are on RDO leave and last time I checked my LES my RDO leave balance was full.

You can't compare us to other industries directly.

That said things like a whole police department quitting etc means the service workers are looming for more and ready to leave....it hasn't hit atc yet. BUT soon almost every person at 7 and below might make the same amount for a telecommute admin job (no pension though :()

Until it gets to that point and requires and act of congress for a one time band increase nothing is gonna happen. For now just whine online

You can't compare us to other industries directly.

That said things like a whole police department quitting etc means the service workers are looming for more and ready to leave....it hasn't hit atc yet. BUT soon almost every person at 7 and below might make the same amount for a telecommute admin job (no pension though :()

Until it gets to that point and requires and act of congress for a one time band increase nothing is gonna happen. For now just whine online
Do you think it could try to change if Daniels gets elected?

Banging out on scheduled OT is no different then banging out on a normal shift. Every facility is different but you can be put on SL abuse
If you bang on OT you’re not actually using sickleave tho. They can’t get you for abusing leave that isn’t being deducted

Back
Top Bottom