Travel Card

knapptime

FAA
Facility
PHL Philadelphia Tower
I'm being forced to obtain a travel card for my upcoming RTF trip to OKC.

Does this mean no more full per diem for housing and expenses no matter what you actually spend?

Any way around this?

Does this mean no more full per diem for housing and expenses no matter what you actually spend?

Any way around this?
You're correct, yes there is no way around it. They take the full per diem fkr housing no matter where you stay.

You're correct, yes there is no way around it. They take the full per diem fkr housing no matter where you stay.
What about meals and incidentals? I'm guessing there's no way to get that $1500 check every month anymore either?

What about meals and incidentals? I'm guessing there's no way to get that $1500 check every month anymore either?
Meals you get back whatever you dont spend, same with miles and shit. When you get back to your facility you have to do that claim on the travel website and they will deposit into your bank account. I just charged everything to my personal card for the points and when i got the deposit just paid it off. This was a little over a year ago for a class that was only 2 weeks but I don't think its changed.

Any way around this?
If you don't travel more than twice in a 12 month period you don't need a government travel card. Sounds like somebody in the front office is overdoing it.

You can refuse the credit check in the application which will force you to go without a GTC or they will issue a restricted card.

If you don't travel more than twice in a 12 month period you don't need a government travel card. Sounds like somebody in the front office is overdoing it.

You can refuse the credit check in the application which will force you to go without a GTC or they will issue a restricted card.
Yeah unfortunately even if you refuse the credit check you get the restricted card which is still good for $7500/month.

I came from ZNY where everyone said don't get the card (and they can't make you). Where I'm at now it seems like we don't push back on management as much. I was only in the building for 4 days before non-essentials were kicked out so I don't know if this is worth it to make waves before I even really entered the building.

Which is why I was hoping to find an answer within the system.

I don’t know what the big deal is with getting a card. Rather than charging everything, do a cash withdrawl for the max then pay off once you get your per diem.

I don’t know what the big deal is with getting a card. Rather than charging everything, do a cash withdrawl for the max then pay off once you get your per diem.
Without the card you would automatically be reimbursed the max per diem for your lodging and your meals whether you spent it or not. Now you will only be reimbursed what you spend.

Also have to be responsible for paying the bill if you are not reimbursed in time.

Without the card you would automatically be reimbursed the max per diem for your lodging and your meals whether you spent it or not. Now you will only be reimbursed what you spend.

Also have to be responsible for paying the bill if you are not reimbursed in time.
Even without the card, they were making me upload receipts to show what was spent to get reimbursed. So i dont think pocketing housing per diem works anymore.Idk if that changed.

Work something out on VRBO/Airbnb/CL. Maybe get some cashback that way. If you can't spend all your per diem in one day let me know. Plenty of good spots you can take me for food and beverages.

Consult the contract for further union GTC guidance. Can't remember what article it is.

If you aren't a new hire you should be able to get full housing per diem and keep what you dont spend. I went to RTF in 2019 and banked like $1300 by staying at a cheaper furnished apartment in Midtown OKC near all the cool stuff.

Back
Top Bottom