Trump Budget Proposal calls for moving ATC outside of Govt

I'm surprised that was voted against. I heard it being discussed at my facility and the argument against term limits was that if you didn't like the current leadership, just vote in new people.

Because people are idiots. Term Limits exist for a reason. The logic of we could always just vote in new people versus we HAVE to vote in new people is flawed. Hell look at Congress...

all these old timers are drooling over this privatization and lets call it that because thats what it is. if this does happen just watch them all retire and then come back the next day. They'll collect their government pensions and keep working. Lets also not forget that some of us couldn't wait for these same old dudes to retire - now they'll be back working side by side.

I have yet to hear anything positive from any member that has 10,15, 20 years left. Its all these old dudes saying how great it will be and how awesome it was for NavCanada. Lets be real - if NATCA F's this up there won't be a NATCA.

NATCA still endorsing this bullshit. Get on board with DeFazio's bill instead of playing both sides. Seriously, why are all these old timers making decision for noobs and mid career peeps. Let the next generation have a say for christ's sake.

NATCA still endorsing this bullshit. Get on board with DeFazio's bill instead of playing both sides. Seriously, why are all these old timers making decision for noobs and mid career peeps. Let the next generation have a say for christ's sake.
That's kinda how having an executive board works...

I'm a proponent of staying government and fixing the funding with defazios plan (if something HAS to be done). It has less chance to screw us over. Take away the airline seats from the ATC Corp board and you would get a lot more member support for the Shuster plan. Anyone who thinks every decision they make won't be for the airline bottom dollar needs to do some research. And just ask some Delta pilots how their pensions are doing and what was done to them.

I agree with you. I think isaw it on Facebook or something but where else do you have a proposed board of directors made up of a majority of customers instead of employees?

Back
Top Bottom