TSEW Academy Reschedule?

deleted

Lurker
I was supposed to be going to the academy for TSEW this week. Obviously with the shutdown, the class is postponed or cancelled, although I haven't had any official word. Does anyone have any insight on the plan once this insanity is over? Will they just cancel the Jan class? Or will they likely push back all the classes for the rest of the year? From what I understand there is already a few classes there that were sent home in the middle, so they will likely need to come back and finish up. Just trying to get somewhat of a sense of what to expect when it reopens so I can plan with my family and kids and everything.

Thank you

From my understanding tsew is not a mandatory class for transfers. Your receiving facility has the option on tsew. As the ojti sme for my area at pct we gave a couple transfers the option and they both chose to go. It may be possible to convince management at your facility to wave the tsew requirement for you.

I was supposed to be going to the academy for TSEW this week. Obviously with the shutdown, the class is postponed or cancelled, although I haven't had any official word. Does anyone have any insight on the plan once this insanity is over? Will they just cancel the Jan class? Or will they likely push back all the classes for the rest of the year? From what I understand there is already a few classes there that were sent home in the middle, so they will likely need to come back and finish up. Just trying to get somewhat of a sense of what to expect when it reopens so I can plan with my family and kids and everything.

Thank you
At this time, only the classes that were already in session and those that would have started during the shutdown are being affected. If the shutdown was to end tomorrow, classes starting 2-3 weeks from now shouldn't be affected.
However, some of the instructors and contractors are finding other jobs, so depending on how long this lasts it may not be possible to start everything right back up at full speed. That could have a domino effect and push back or delay other classes that wouldn't ordinarily be impacted.

At this point, don't worry about trying to plan around an academy class. Once the shutdown ends, then the academy can start working on a plan on how to reschedule classes.

Back
Top Bottom