UAW were on Strike for 6 weeks and....

CPC-it doesn’t lose 1.6
True, you don’t lose any raise you get while in training. You do however lose potentially years of June raises whenever you transfer to a higher level facility.

Someone who goes to a 12 from the academy and someone who spends 15 years at a 9 before transferring would make the exact same if they checked out at the 12 the same day. The raises are only useful long term if you never go to a higher level facility. This should be fixed. Just adds insult to people stuck for years before finally getting to move up.

Natca really likes to boast about the 1.6 but did you know that tech ops also gets it as well. Now I'm not hating on tech ops, good for them. But it was sold that they secured it since we have the age 56 cap....

Someone should tell natca they'll get more in dues if we get raises
Someone should tell natca if they had started lobbying for more staffing 5-7 years ago, there would be more members. More members equals more steak and booze.

So if two people get to a facility at the same time and one checks out a year earlier, you guys think they should make the same amount? Of course you lose your 1.6 when become CPC.

I’m sort of ok with losing it when going through the D bands, but a CPC shouldn’t lose all those raises when they go to a higher level facility.
I went from capped out at a low level facility to a facility where the base was 50K above my base at the low level facility. When I certified at the higher level facility I was about 8K above the base because of my 1.6 raises during training and then adding my second 50% on top after certification. I didn’t lose any 1.6% raises.

So if two people get to a facility at the same time and one checks out a year earlier, you guys think they should make the same amount? Of course you lose your 1.6 when become CPC.
Yea why not? We gotta get away from this punitive crap. Half the time when it takes someone longer to get certified it’s cus the FAA wouldn’t give them an class for 6 months or more

I went from capped out at a low level facility to a facility where the base was 50K above my base at the low level facility. When I certified at the higher level facility I was about 8K above the base because of my 1.6 raises during training and then adding my second 50% on top after certification. I didn’t lose any 1.6% raises.
You’re saying you kept all the 1.6 raises you got at your low level and that amount was added to band minimum at the higher level? Wouldn’t that be more than 8k when you add the 1.6 raises you got while in training at the higher level?

Slate Book says transfer to higher level goes to the band minimum of the higher level.

You’re saying you kept all the 1.6 raises you got at your low level and that amount was added to band minimum at the higher level? Wouldn’t that be more than 8k when you add the 1.6 raises you got while in training at the higher level?

Slate Book says transfer to higher level goes to the band minimum of the higher level.
You don't lose your raises as a CPC IT after that initial 50% on the go

That is correct, every 1.6% I earned on my CPC-IT pay stayed. Then when I certified they just added my second 1/2 of the raise on top of my first half of the raise plus the 1.6% raise I earned in training. Plus there was a presidential raise in between.

Say it was 50K to 100K. I was earning 75K in training, then a June raise, and a presidential raise in January. Upon cert they took that base pay I’d earned with the 2 raises and added my second 1/2 (25K) to it and that put me about 8K or so above the minimum pay band.

These weren’t my actual numbers…just a lot easier way of putting it for simple math.

True, you don’t lose any raise you get while in training. You do however lose potentially years of June raises whenever you transfer to a higher level facility.

Someone who goes to a 12 from the academy and someone who spends 15 years at a 9 before transferring would make the exact same if they checked out at the 12 the same day. The raises are only useful long term if you never go to a higher level facility. This should be fixed. Just adds insult to people stuck for years before finally getting to move up.
If you ERR to the 12 you still build on the 1.6s you don’t go to the bottom at cert. it’s different than AG/hardship/swap

Someone who goes to a 12 from the academy and someone who spends 15 years at a 9 before transferring would make the exact same if they checked out at the 12 the same day.

That’s actually not true. I forget the exact math because it’s never applied to me, but the cpc-it will make significantly more. We have a guy who transferred here from a 7 with almost the same seniority as someone who started here at my 12 and the transfer from the 7 makes like 10-$15k more a year.

In summary I got the CPC-IT 1.6% wrong. Point still stands that 1.6% per year is pathetic. When you look at the AFGE union, they've been advocating 8.7% raises or greater to keep up with inflation. They've done more on behalf of all Fed gov't & D.C. workers than NACTA itself. Shoot they managed to get TSA a raise. https://www.afge.org/article/tsa-of...ycheck-with-31-raise--largest-in-tsa-history/
NATCA is lame, they want to act like they doing sooo much for the membership. Most of their boondoggles and workgroups are useless. They have stopped advocating on benefits and working conditions a looong time ago.
Maybe we need to have the AFGE start representing ATC.

Last edited:
That’s actually not true. I forget the exact math because it’s never applied to me, but the cpc-it will make significantly more. We have a guy who transferred here from a 7 with almost the same seniority as someone who started here at my 12 and the transfer from the 7 makes like $15k more a year.
That just depends on the cert date mostly. Usually the cpcit from the 7 will make way less cuz the new hire starts compiling once certed. If the cpcit comes later then they’ll be a bit above the bottom upon cert and then start compiling.

That is correct, every 1.6% I earned on my CPC-IT pay stayed. Then when I certified they just added my second 1/2 of the raise on top of my first half of the raise plus the 1.6% raise I earned in training. Plus there was a presidential raise in between.

Say it was 50K to 100K. I was earning 75K in training, then a June raise, and a presidential raise in January. Upon cert they took that base pay I’d earned with the 2 raises and added my second 1/2 (25K) to it and that put me about 8K or so above the minimum pay band.

These weren’t my actual numbers…just a lot easier way of putting it for simple math.
Ok that sounds normal. I think we misunderstood each other. You didn’t get to keep your progress you made moving up within the band at your lower level, correct?

That’s actually not true. I forget the exact math because it’s never applied to me, but the cpc-it will make significantly more. We have a guy who transferred here from a 7 with almost the same seniority as someone who started here at my 12 and the transfer from the 7 makes like 10-$15k more a year.
I’d be curious how exactly. Theoretically if someone transferred to a higher lever and certified in a month without hitting any June raises their pay would be set at the band minimum. If someone worked at the 12 for years they would have moved up within the band every year.

Some important math yall should know:

future salary = current salary x (1 + annual raise) ^ (# of years)

People think that after ten years of 1.6% raises on a $100,000 salary would result in $116,000. However, its compounding so its $117,202.

You don't lose your raises as a CPC IT after that initial 50% on the go
Right. I didn’t say you did. I’m saying your 1.6 raises you got as a CPC at a lower level effectively get cancelled out when you move to a higher level and go to bottom of the band. That’s how half on the go is calculated, the difference between your current pay and bottom of the band at the higher level. You usually wouldn’t actually make the exact minimum because of raises you get while in training at the higher level.

Back
Top Bottom