Unsuitability for FAA employment | can I do anything?

When I applied I had 32 jobs on the application. However , clearly I had 1 main job at a time. You moved around without sufficient explanation. Then You got fired, got flagged and your inconsistent job history backs up their justification. You are going to be SOL. Reapply when you can. Otherwise it’ll be a waste of heart ache and money
I had one main job when I applied for 2.5 years then I got fired and got hired at the USPS but never finished training due to COVID so they legitimately forced me to resign or get fired. I explained that, what I don’t get is I wrote an explanation, 3 page length, explaining my other jobs and why I left some and why I had to move on for school. Idk you’re right though, I’m just going to reapply and pray to god they reconsider me, hopefully.

When I see “falsifying my time card”, the word that immediately jumps into my mind is theft. If I had to guess, that’s why you have been removed from the process because in the eyes of the agency, you admitted to stealing from your prior employer. I don’t know the particulars of the situation obviously… just my gut reaction.
Understandable, I wasn’t stealing though lol I wasn’t taking my lunch and putting that I was. I explained that and I’m certain they contacted them too but idk.

Understandable, I wasn’t stealing though lol I wasn’t taking my lunch and putting that I was. I explained that and I’m certain they contacted them too but idk.
Even if it wasn‘t time theft, you’ve shown a history of misrepresenting paid time, and that’s a slippery slope for the government to go down especially when they are trying to mitigate waste, fraud, and abuse.

You likely won’t find any real actionable advice on this forum. What you really need to do if you are serious about the FAA is consult an attorney who specializes in federal employment law.

Even if it wasn‘t time theft, you’ve shown a history of misrepresenting paid time, and that’s a slippery slope for the government to go down especially when they are trying to mitigate waste, fraud, and abuse.

You likely won’t find any real actionable advice on this forum. What you really need to do if you are serious about the FAA is consult an attorney who specializes in federal employment law.
All trainees pretty much have no rights and can be terminated within 1 year of being hired for any reason at all and someone who hasn't even has even less "rights" than them. No one is entitled to the job. If this dude has a bunch of red flags, why would the agency take a flyer on him in a job that takes hundreds of thousands of dollars to train someone when there's thousands of other well qualified applicants. That's the harsh reality. They're not discriminating against him for any being part of any "protected class" or anything. I guess asking a lawyer couldn't hurt but I don't see it helping either.

Lots of people saying things with no knowledge the process. There’s no speculation as to why the decision was made. They present the charge and the evidence they have to support the charge with the proposed action, with the chance to refute it.

All trainees pretty much have no rights and can be terminated within 1 year of being hired for any reason at all and someone who hasn't even has even less "rights" than them. No one is entitled to the job. If this dude has a bunch of red flags, why would the agency take a flyer on him in a job that takes hundreds of thousands of dollars to train someone when there's thousands of other well qualified applicants. That's the harsh reality. They're not discriminating against him for any being part of any "protected class" or anything. I guess asking a lawyer couldn't hurt but I don't see it helping either.
Well if what he says is true and idk if it is he needs to get his old employer to stop telling people he commited time theft.

Well if what he says is true and idk if it is he needs to get his old employer to stop telling people he commited time theft.
All I'm saying is where there's smoke there's fire and sometimes it isn't worth the risk. And the whole USPS telling him to resign or be fired due to covid sounds a little suspect to me. It doesn't add up. Besides, why would anyone resign when they could just be let go by their employer and collect those sweet enhance unemployment bennies.

All I'm saying is where there's smoke there's fire and sometimes it isn't worth the risk. And the whole USPS telling him to resign or be fired due to covid sounds a little suspect to me. It doesn't add up. Besides, why would anyone resign when they could just be let go by their employer and collect those sweet enhance unemployment bennies.
Yah that makes no sense. The USPS would just lay him off or furlough him. I’m just saying if you really think you been wrong you gotta talk to someone who knows the law and can write a competent letter in defense

A lot of employers use "Time Card fraud" to fire people they don't like. Amazon does it a lot if you forget to punch out on your 15 minute break.
He didn't forget... he admitted to saying he took his lunch when he wasn't.

Lots of people saying things with no knowledge the process. There’s no speculation as to why the decision was made. They present the charge and the evidence they have to support the charge with the proposed action, with the chance to refute it.
You're right... I'm not familiar with the process. And OP can do whatever he pleases... not my career. All I'm saying is, if it were my career, I would be seeking advice from someone way more familiar with the ins and outs of the federal employment process... like, I dunno, maybe an attorney. But, like I said, no skin off my back.

I am def getting some nice bennies from unemployment. I wish I was a liar, I was truthful 10000000% in the sf-86. Even when I got caught for not taking my lunch for a month I was truthful lolol I’m just going to do what MJ recommended me to do.

Last edited:
I am def getting some nice bennies from unemployment. I wish I was a liar, I was truthful 10000000% in the sf-86. Even when I got caught for not taking my lunch for a month I was truthful lolol I’m just going to do what MJ recommended me to do.
Not doubting that you actually resigned, just pointing out the reasoning was a little sketchy. They still need mailmen during covid, should've had them lay you off. Also, I'd suggest deleting personally identifying stuff on here but that's just me. Good luck though, maybe I'm wrong and it'll work out for you. Just pointing out the uphill fight you have ahead if you choose that route.

When I see “falsifying my time card”, the word that immediately jumps into my mind is theft. If I had to guess, that’s why you have been removed from the process because in the eyes of the agency, you admitted to stealing from your prior employer. I don’t know the particulars of the situation obviously… just my gut reaction.
A lot of employers use "Time Card fraud" to fire people they don't like. Amazon does it a lot if you forget to punch out on your 15 minute break.

If your heart is set on becoming a controller you should looking into joining the Air Force as a controller. You’ll get a consistent job controlling and you’d more than likely get yourself qualified for previous experience hiring bids as well.
and it will give you extra time to apply. They recently changed the experienced bid age cut off to 35. Plus if you get out and go dod first you can apply to the experienced bid whenever. We had a guy that did 20 years in the DOD that got picked up on the experienced bid a couple years before retirement.;

and it will give you extra time to apply. They recently changed the experienced bid age cut off to 35. Plus if you get out and go dod first you can apply to the experienced bid whenever. We had a guy that did 20 years in the DOD that got picked up on the experienced bid a couple years before retirement.;
35?!?!?! Makes me want to join really bad.

Unless it has changed, when I talked to a recruiter in like 2016 or 2017, they wouldn't let me directly choose ATC. You make a list of 10 jobs you qualify for based on your ASVAB score and you're assigned to whatever comes up first on that list. So ATC isn't guaranteed if you go AF route. Could be different now, not sure. I think you can retrain after so many years though.

Unless it has changed, when I talked to a recruiter in like 2016 or 2017, they wouldn't let me directly choose ATC. You make a list of 10 jobs you qualify for based on your ASVAB score and you're assigned to whatever comes up first on that list. So ATC isn't guaranteed if you go AF route. Could be different now, not sure. I think you can retrain after so many years though.
lol your recruiter screwed you. You can def go in ATC guaranteed and have always been able to

lol your recruiter screwed you. You can def go in ATC guaranteed and have always been able to
When guys our age got in they were taking anyone with a pulse and had much lower standards for entry. I wouldn't doubt they are doing things differently now, but ya this sounds lame AF

You can book ATC guaranteed before going to BMT, but you cannot walk into the vast majority of recruiting offices and demand only one job. You need to have it as one of your options and get lucky.

Edit: This is strictly Air Force.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom