Vaccine to override Gating Criteria

That’s my point. If I am not required to get vaccinated to resume training why should an AG?
But it sounds like you are required to get vaccinated if your facility doesn’t meet the gating criteria.

they needed something to get around the stupid map they decided on. Obviously adding 100 trainees to a building adds risk. Adding 100 vaccinated trainees doesn’t add risk. Or very minimal risk

just in time for you to train in a sector for 6 months just to get moved to another sector and start all over again!
Pssshhhhhh. I’m gone, bruh. The closest I’ll ever come to working EWR is giving PHL a TEB/EWR/CDW stack sandwich. Hope you can get down there

But it sounds like you are required to get vaccinated if your facility doesn’t meet the gating criteria.

they needed something to get around the stupid map they decided on. Obviously adding 100 trainees to a building adds risk. Adding 100 vaccinated trainees doesn’t add risk. Or very minimal risk
Maybe my reading comprehension skills are lacking, but that memo sent out seems to only address “Those who are not assigned an operational schedule”. Since I’m back in the building I believe I would be excluded from that.

Maybe my reading comprehension skills are lacking, but that memo sent out seems to only address “Those who are not assigned an operational schedule”. Since I’m back in the building I believe I would be excluded from that.
Yah that part makes no sense. Hopefully that is clarified when it’s officially released. But I assume it will say you can train if you are vaccinated. Unless your facility meets the gating criteria.

AT MY Z, we had a zoom meeting saying that the recall process will begin for people who have had the vaccine + two weeks (since second dose or JJ). At this point they will be able to start training. Supposedly if you choose not to get the vaccine you will just be recalled at a later time that is unknown currently.

If this is true, the FAA will have a training delay grievance nightmare on their hands
Had this same zoom call too. They specifically said they are absolutely willing to buttfuck trainees that aren’t vaccinated if trainees behind them are vaccinated and there’s a class available.

Had this same zoom call too. They specifically said they are absolutely willing to buttfuck trainees that aren’t vaccinated if trainees behind them are vaccinated and there’s a class available.
And can they require you to report that you have been vaccinated? Or just request the information. It’s not the flight doc asking. It’s your facility.

And can they require you to report that you have been vaccinated? Or just request the information. It’s not the flight doc asking. It’s your facility.
They only said to report when you are fully vaccinated and have been symptom free for 14 days, to your facility.

It sounds like they’re trying to use it as a voluntary incentive. i.e. get the shot and let us know you got it and you can bypass the magic map. Otherwise sit around for the next however many months until your county is yellow for 14 days straight. I definitely think this is a better way of going about it than just a blanket requirement for everyone to get vaccinated.

If the FAA really wants to stir up trouble, they let's this sit for long enough for people who want to get back to get vaccinated. Then a few weeks later, bring everyone back. Awkward looks around the control room.

If the FAA really wants to stir up trouble, they let's this sit for long enough for people who want to get back to get vaccinated. Then a few weeks later, bring everyone back. Awkward looks around the control room.
If someone isn’t vaccinated it’ll take them 5-6 weeks minimum to meet the 2 dose criteria. 2 weeks for the JJ if they can find it.

Yeah and non working fully certified get paid training rate and lose seniority

Pssshhhhhh. I’m gone, bruh. The closest I’ll ever come to working EWR is giving PHL a TEB/EWR/CDW stack sandwich. Hope you can get down there

ah no shit. Well I’ll gladly take that sandwich. I happened to be working cic when the instructions on how to volunteer came down so I was officially the first volunteer.

So was the vaccine override a regional decision or national? Seems strange some people have received multiple correspondence about it from both management and NATCA and other people haven’t heard a thing.
So there’s a lot of stuff that happens in this paragraph. I’ve been to two facilities in my career. One facility, if you’re not in the natca circle jerk group, you don’t get told “insider info” days/weeks before. The other facility has a great system of sending out emails via list server informing everyone of changes/issues. If you haven’t heard about this, you either are not in the circle, or your region didn’t send it out to everyone, just facreps who then didn’t tell anyone. I find out more information from this website than I do local natca. Sad. I thought we were a brotherhood

So there’s a lot of stuff that happens in this paragraph. I’ve been to two facilities in my career. One facility, if you’re not in the natca circle jerk group, you don’t get told “insider info” days/weeks before. The other facility has a great system of sending out emails via list server informing everyone of changes/issues. If you haven’t heard about this, you either are not in the circle, or your region didn’t send it out to everyone, just facreps who then didn’t tell anyone. I find out more information from this website than I do local natca. Sad. I thought we were a brotherhood
The question is how something so big not out already?

I already posted why above. Until the local union and management figure out how to handle it why would they send you something saying that people are coming back. It would cause a shit load of emails and calls asking shit they can’t answer yet. Then the AGs would get on here and complain about not getting answers when NATCA national said they could come back and train.

knowledge is power. Control information, control the people.

I already posted why above. Until the local union and management figure out how to handle it why would they send you something saying that people are coming back. It would cause a shit load of emails and calls asking shit they can’t answer yet. Then the AGs would get on here and complain about not getting answers when NATCA national said they could come back and train.
I get that, but why not be more transparent. Tell everyone. Then tell them Facreps will contact them. Idk seems weird to withhold information

knowledge is power. Control information, control the people.

I get that, but why not be more transparent. Tell everyone. Then tell them Facreps will contact them. Idk seems weird to withhold information
I mean I agree with you 100%. I’m just guessing here but it would make sense. And as others have said when you’re in the inner circle jerk they gotta give you time to feel powerful with the information!

Back
Top Bottom