Virtual On-boarding and Online Basics

I just checked the FAA course catalog, that shows an en route basics class starting on 1/15 (my onboarding date) which is for my 1/19 class, and the next one is 1/22, so I’m guessing that will be your onboarding date, with your basics class to start on 1/25.
For you guys with the Jan 19/ Jan 25 onboarding dates, have they told you your expected date to go to Oklahoma?

For you guys with the Jan 19/ Jan 25 onboarding dates, have they told you your expected date to go to Oklahoma?
Of course as of right now they said for me late Feb like Feb 22nd and ending mid May, and haven’t changed anything yet but HR usually doesn’t dictate. We are getting an email 3-4 weeks before our start date from the academy about IPad, onboarding, and other important things and I think it’s up to the academy to tell us when we might be going to OKC.

I just checked the FAA course catalog, that shows an en route basics class starting on 1/15 (my onboarding date) which is for my 1/19 class, and the next one is 1/22, so I’m guessing that will be your onboarding date, with your basics class to start on 1/25.
Hopefully that's it, I'm from the 18 bid so it's been a long wait

Does anyone know if there are limitations on where you can do online basics from? I have us citizenship / stateside address and residency but would like to live at my home overseas until heading to OKC if possible.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there are limitations on where you can do online basics from? I have us citizenship / stateside address and residency but would like live at my home overseas until heading to OKC if possible.
I’d be worried about the possible mandatory quarantine between basic and OKC

I’d be worried about the possible mandatory quarantine between basic and OKC
If this is an issue I would definitely be willing to travel back sooner to meet all quarantine requirements. Would my HR rep be the correct person to contact with these questions?

If this is an issue I would definitely be willing to travel back sooner to meet all quarantine requirements. Would my HR rep be the correct person to contact with these questions?
I don’t see why you’d need to ask permission unless there’s something they send that say you can’t do this.

Does anyone know if there are limitations on where you can do online basics from? I have us citizenship / stateside address and residency but would like to live at my home overseas until heading to OKC if possible.
You might have some WEIRD class times... they try to start at 9 am Central no matter where you are, but they have had some Alaska people in their classes and started at 11 am central, which was pretty late considering east coasters would be ending class at 8:30 pm.

During onboarding they asked where we lived and if we were going to be completing basics from any other place so they could send correspondence to the correct place. So I really don’t think it’s an issue

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom