What would it take for you to step away?

This is how I feel except make it Destin, FL lol let me work M-F and work fighters all day and idgaf how much I make. Location and work schedule are the two things I value most.
Your wish has been granted except you'll be working at DTS with no CTRD, while watching the rich fat people land their ICON's on the sound side. The closest thing to a fighter you'll see is a TEX2 that doesn't listen for shit.

Your wish has been granted except you'll be working at DTS with no CTRD, while watching the rich fat people land their ICON's on the sound side. The closest thing to a fighter you'll see is a TEX2 that doesn't listen for shit.
Lol sounds about right. I’ve been working for 4 years now with no radar, granted not as densely populated as the panhandle. I applied for the Eglin gig but I have my reservations with nepotism and all. I’m looking at a handful of vacation rentals on the beach in that area, if I pull the trigger then I wouldn’t mind coasting on a part time setup at DTS.

Lol sounds about right. I’ve been working for 4 years now with no radar, granted not as densely populated as the panhandle. I applied for the Eglin gig but I have my reservations with nepotism and all. I’m looking at a handful of vacation rentals on the beach in that area, if I pull the trigger then I wouldn’t mind coasting on a part time setup at DTS.
Have you tried JKA their tower just opened last year I think. Its not Destin but the Orange Beach area isn't horrible.

130k a year, m-f, consistent schedule I don't care about the specific shift as long as it's consistent, and no OT unless I want it.

Have you tried JKA their tower just opened last year I think. Its not Destin but the Orange Beach area isn't horrible.
I was actually hired there back in September but had to pull my transfer due to logistics with my house. They’re also getting shafted. There’s a reason they’ve turned over like 5+ bodies in the first year being open, pay obviously being the biggest issue. Open the tower making sub $30/hr because “that’s the DoL recommended wage.” Don’t get me started on that, it’s a bullshit cop out from these companies. But you open a brand new tower, no radar, no FDIO. Wtf? I’ve talked extensively with their facrep though, good guy. But I’d rather make 50% more AND not pay state taxes in Florida lol Destin is my actual end goal if I can somehow break into Eglin. Or Duke Field.

I’m stepping away to go fly planes again, shit is boring in a dark room all day. You’d have to pay me a 1 lump sum of $5mil to do anything in the FAA outside of controlling or flying flight check… I’d take the lump sum and put my 2 weeks notice in.

I'd take a pay cut for a M-F job at one of the big 3 airlines. I'd rather travel and let the kids experience different cultures than make a lot of money and miss out on family events.
It’s he airlines aren’t that glamorous. That being said they totally have atc coordinators that work in their dispatch. I’m not sure if you need a dispatch license

It’s he airlines aren’t that glamorous. That being said they totally have atc coordinators that work in their dispatch. I’m not sure if you need a dispatch license
I did it before ATC, the work was boring but we used and abused our travel benefits. For us the real benefit was first class out of the country. I've tried the ATC coordinator route but you gotta be in tight with someone to get those jobs, and you don't need a dispatch license.

I did it before ATC, the work was boring but we used and abused our travel benefits. For us the real benefit was first class out of the country. I've tried the ATC coordinator route but you gotta be in tight with someone to get those jobs, and you don't need a dispatch license.
I did too. With everything else the flight benefits are getting worse and worse over the years. I would be opposed to working some super part time airport job after I retire tho. It’s fun to be at the airport and play nonrev lotto. Just wouldn’t switch before that.

Back
Top Bottom