What would it take for you to step away?

GulfCharlie

Comrade Commissar
FAA
Facility
Command Center
What federal job and or pay would it (GS14/15) with the promise of some telework / schedule yet mundane tasks to walk away from ATC?

I have no interest in teleworking. I am an air traffic controller because I love talking to the airplanes. It is not boring. It is different day to day. It keeps me on my toes and challenges me to think creatively.
I concur, just something that crossed my mind as I’ve been working. Short of winning $500 million 😂

its all about that special retirement for me
This.

I’m in it for the pension and health insurance.

This is not part of my integral identity where I wonder if people will pine over my contribution to the NAS after I leave.

My good time at least is done. ~5 years to go-

Otherwise, it’s lotto and 5 million after taxes if I’m not getting my pension and health insurance and I walk.

Other jobs?, sure if they pay the same since the good time is done. Though I do like just doing 8 hours. But telework would be cool-

1-9, 7-3 is way harder for me
Dude I'll take our 1-9, 6-2 over that day mid rotation. I once asked if there was a fix action for this, considering the FAA screams "SAFETYYYYY" at us 24/7. I was told, and I quote, "The fix action was not allowing less than 9 hours between your shift prior to the day preceding your mid, i.e. you work a 1-9 on Saturday, then 6-2, 10-6 on a Sunday." I shit you not.

Let us gaslight our controllers with safety while they're on an eight hour turn-around. Makes sense.

Last edited:
I’d take a pay cut to get a DOD job in Japan or Germany tomorrow. They could pay me 50k and I’d still want it
This is how I feel except make it Destin, FL lol let me work M-F and work fighters all day and idgaf how much I make. Location and work schedule are the two things I value most.

Back
Top Bottom