2 Jets collide at HOU. What happened?

This is a wild chat.

I feel like everyone is forgetting that we're government employees. Which is notorious for being a great stable job. Not a job that makes upper class money.
The pension, consistent pay raises, and easy work environment (no back breaking work, or large national responsibilities) is what you signed up for. Wanna make 500k? Go to a private company that's for profit. Not the government.
Just my two cents.
Nobody signed up for crazy OT and horrible working conditions and hard to get PTO. And consistent pay raises that keep up with inflation WOW!

Nobody signed up for crazy OT and horrible working conditions and hard to get PTO. And consistent pay raises that keep up with inflation WOW!
Nobody signed up for this? Pretty positive someone just posted there are tens of thousands of applicants a year, that are all "signing up for it". Additionally, hard to get PTO? Do you not bid every single hour of LA you earn, before the year starts? Pay rates that keep up with inflation? Sure.... I guess, but tbh no one is really giving pay raises that keep up with inflation, but I didn't hear anyone complaining when inflation was less than 2% and everyone got 3% for numerous years.

I get it. OT sucks, time off is valuable, and pay is important. But honestly, it's a stable job. Could it be better? Probably, but like I said in my original post, people who take government jobs aren't *typically* doing it to get rich. And if you're a government worker in ATC that truly can't make ends meet, I'd like to see the situation.

What do you mean
Facility ranking is based on traffic #. Ironically everywhere boasts of increasing passenger counts but reduced flights due to larger aircraft usage since the ranking system was created. Instead we should be compensated based on per passenger instead, in my opinion.

Have you guys noticed most threads here turn into rants about how underpaid we are? There’s a reason for that. It’s not just me. People are waking up and realizing how bad this career is getting.

Pay affects all aspects of the job. If the pay is trash you WILL NOT attract bright and motivated trainees, this is just a fact. People become apathetic, and burnt out on what was once a decent career.

IMG_8301.png

I’ve worked at 11s and 12s for 14 years and never had a deal, brotha 😎. I give people their in trail and hardly apreq anything, save for medevacs going direct. I’m not the one to be lectured; I want this profession to be great, but I do indeed do my fucking job properly and I take pride in that
Paraphrased: “I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells like rich mahogany”

Facility ranking is based on traffic #. Ironically everywhere boasts of increasing passenger counts but reduced flights due to larger aircraft usage since the ranking system was created. Instead we should be compensated based on per passenger instead, in my opinion.

Oh passenger count ok I thought you were saying based on head count of employees

Have you guys noticed most threads here turn into rants about how underpaid we are? There’s a reason for that. It’s not just me. People are waking up and realizing how bad this career is getting.

Pay affects all aspects of the job. If the pay is trash you WILL NOT attract bright and motivated trainees, this is just a fact. People become apathetic, and burnt out on what was once a decent career.

View attachment 8971

💯 right.
And for the people saying thousands are applying those people are just trying to get a job above working at Best Buy, Radio Shack, appliance delivery, call centers.
A majority that have made it out of the academy to our facility have been atrocious. Could have went over to the terminal and found a better trainee.

View attachment 8971

Except for when Coffee uses one of his usernames to tell us how overpaid we are and undeserving of RAZE WEN.

Sorry Coffee (d.b.a. TushingPin) but RAZE WEN MVMNT would welcome you with open arms if you could only see the light.

Paraphrased: “I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells like rich mahogany”
Stay classy, San Diego

Except for when Coffee uses one of his usernames to tell us how overpaid we are and undeserving of RAZE WEN.

Sorry Coffee (d.b.a. TushingPin) but RAZE WEN MVMNT would welcome you with open arms if you could only see the light.

….My sources tell me Jeffrey Vincent uses his exorbitant bonus money to hire a vast network of shill ChatGpt accounts set to retard mode to argue against the RazeWen mvmt 👀

Imagine calling me someone who I'm not lmao. I've had this account for.... 5 years... just a bystander pointing out some silliness. Believe what you want. Fat porrey, or razewhen, or razewen or whatever different Chinese account bot you have made next.

Imagine calling me someone who I'm not lmao. I've had this account for.... 5 years... just a bystander pointing out some silliness. Believe what you want. Fat porrey, or razewhen, or razewen or whatever different Chinese account bot you have made next.
Wow…really? That’s how it’s going to be? I was being civil but this is uncalled for…

Back
Top Bottom